The VSTi is called Shreddage 2... as mentioned in the title of the track.
Hey, look. Sigs are back.
Quote by DisarmGoliath
The VSTi is called Shreddage 2... as mentioned in the title of the track.

Can someone record his guitar part (for a pro album) using this shreddage ?

(I think the way the sound feels,is awesome but it reminds me of Evanescence terrible album.)
Quote by siros11
Can someone record his guitar part (for a pro album) using this shreddage ?
Record?
This is a sample library, you don't record stuff with this, you write notes in your midi sequencer and this thing plays them for you with the sound of a guitar.

You can make it sound good indeed.
Here's a couple things I made with it -
http://kiwi6.com/file/dc6sf74z73
http://kiwi6.com/file/161x801313

Aww wait.
Wait.
The thing doesn't sound that way because it always sounds that way.
The thing is a library of clean guitar sounds, which are either re-amped or ran through an amp sim, and the last part is the reason why the part sounds the way it sounds.
If you were to use a different amp sim or even a different signal chain you would get a (more or less, depending on the differences) different sound.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Feb 3, 2014,
Quote by Spambot_2
Record?
This is a sample library, you don't record stuff with this, you write notes in your midi sequencer and this thing plays them for you with the sound of a guitar.

You can make it sound good indeed.
Here's a couple things I made with it -
http://kiwi6.com/file/dc6sf74z73
http://kiwi6.com/file/161x801313

Aww wait.
Wait.
The thing doesn't sound that way because it always sounds that way.
The thing is a library of clean guitar sounds, which are either re-amped or ran through an amp sim, and the last part is the reason why the part sounds the way it sounds.
If you were to use a different amp sim or even a different signal chain you would get a (more or less, depending on the differences) different sound.

cool I Listened to your songs.
The drums feels so real.
did you use EZ or just GuitarPro for drums ?
The drums are real actually :P
Just kidding. I used Logic Pro 9 built in drum samples.

But my point is, shreddage is not an amp sim.
And for the sake of clarity, an amp sim(ulator) is a plugin that you use on an actual audio track, usually of a guitar, to simulate the sound of an actual guitar amp.

Shreddage on the other hand is a sample library, meaning somebody recorded the single notes you can produce from a guitar, and put them in a library.
That's helpful because if you're like me and suck at playing guitar, you can write midi informations in your DAW, and the sample library, together with a sample player that's able to read the sample's format, plays the notes you've written.

Then you still gotta run the sound through an amp sim to make it sound like a distorted guitar, so you could use shreddage to play the guitar part for you and guitar rig to simulate the sound of an amp.

In those particular cases I think I used guitar rig and bx_rockrack, or maybe just bx_rockrack.
So, if you wanna play guitar yourself, practice and get a decent amp sim.
You could get the sound from the first track if you were that much of a good player, though since you're not that much of a good player getting a better amp sim will help.

How 'bout bx_rockrack or LePou LeXtac or Nick Crow 7170 or Softube Metal Amp Room?
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
LePou LE456 is where it's at for pretty much anything metal or heavy rock. That's my take on the matter anyway. I personally think if you have an 'album' you should work out how to play it, TS, and practice until you can perform it properly... that was the main thing letting down the sample you uploaded. Maybe scrap Guitar Rig (because it sucks compared to LePou's plug-ins) and get LE456 (it's free) and LeCab (IR loader) and then get some decent free impulse responses of guitar cabs (search for 'Catharsis s pres high' for example) and put that after the amp sim.

The rest of it is probably down to your relative inexperience mixing guitars... that takes time
Hey, look. Sigs are back.