Page 1 of 2
Hey guys,

hope all is well!

Anyway I was wondering is it totally weird/creepy to go up to a lady and tell her she's beautiful?

I don't have many female friends in life and I've started a new job which means I go to London 5/6 days a week and I always see really good looking women there.

Obviously I am not expected them to be like 'aww thanks, we should hook up some time' but you know, it would help me become a more confident person.

So yeah would it be weird?

Cheers
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Depends on how you carry yourself, how you deliver the line, what mood the woman is in, what type of woman she is, etc. Too many variables.

Also, woman care a lot less about looks than guys do, so that doesn't matter as much.
Use your Salad Fingers voice, works like a charm.

But srsly, don't unless you're 100% confident otherwise it will be creepy. You can say anything if you sound/look like you know what you're doing.
Quote by macashmack

Also, woman care a lot less about looks than guys do, so that doesn't matter as much.

Who the hell believes that though? What is it about women that makes you think they'd carry on relationships with people they don't find remotely attractive?

But yeah it totally matters. If you're some greasy metalhead then please don't do this
Quote by willT08
Who the hell believes that though? What is it about women that makes you think they'd carry on relationships with people they don't find remotely attractive?

But yeah it totally matters. If you're some greasy metalhead then please don't do this

No, you can't be a greasy metalhead. But that is a lot more about hygiene than actual attractiveness. Of course a woman will be more attracted to a more attractive man, but so long as a guy is clean and confident than that's enough for most women, and sadly it doesn't seem to go the other way.
Just put on your cool face and it will go smooth
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by willT08

They don't place as much weight on looks when judging a man's attractiveness as we do. Good clothes and the smell of money usually count more
Quote by macashmack
No, you can't be a greasy metalhead. But that is a lot more about hygiene than actual attractiveness.

They're not different things, I don't think. But anyhow the point is, if you're making threads on UG about creeping up on women to tell them you wanna dick them down you're not gonna be good at it

EDIT: ^ I don't think so really. I'm broke and I do fine. Think you man are just looking for some reason to explain why women don't like you without admitting you're disgusting
Last edited by willT08 at Feb 2, 2014,
Quote by willT08
They're not different things, I don't think. But anyhow the point is, if you're making threads on UG about creeping up on women to tell them you wanna dick them down you're not gonna be good at it

That makes sense.
EDIT: ^ I don't think so really. I'm broke and I do fine. Think you man are just looking for some reason to explain why women don't like you without admitting you're disgusting

Lol
I have a personal saying that I picked up off a music video. "Do something once a day that scares you."

You have no idea how much your life changes once you find the courage to do what you wouldnt normally do.

Do it man, just dont come off as a creepy psychopath. Brit laws are scary and you never know if you'll get arrested over it.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I've done this before, just don't look nervous, it's no big deal, such things can make someone's day, as well as yours.
Put on your cool face and be confident. Don't keep staring at her once you say it, though.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Nelshizzle
I have a personal saying that I picked up off a music video. "Do something once a day that scares you."

You have no idea how much your life changes once you find the courage to do what you wouldnt normally do.

Do it man, just dont come off as a creepy psychopath. Brit laws are scary and you never know if you'll get arrested over it.

Can you actually get arrested for talking to someone?
Quote by macashmack
Can you actually get arrested for talking to someone?

Depends on the situation it seems. Here in Tucson if you stare at a woman on the U of A campus for more than 10 seconds you can be questioned by police and or arrested.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Thanks for the support guys.

And just to let you all know, I am well groomed-ish guy and not a metal head haha.

I'll keep you guys informed!
JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
Quote by Nelshizzle
Depends on the situation it seems. Here in Tucson if you stare at a woman on the U of A campus for more than 10 seconds you can be questioned by police and or arrested.

That's terrible. Is that supposed to protect the women?
If someone said that to me, it would make my day.

Just dont be proper creepy (weird smile or eye contact without looking away)
Quote by macashmack
That's terrible. Is that supposed to protect the women?

It protects them from stare-rape.
If you're nice about it and you don't linger afterward, it's really quite sweet.

If you do it and include any words like 'baby', 'sweetie', 'cutie', etc or you say it right before you get on a train together and then stand behind her for the next half hour... then it's uncomfortable.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Of all places London is probably the worst place to try this.

All sorts of creepers on the streets of London.

If you approach a woman in London she's probably going to be half-convinced that you'll either get a megaphone out and scream that she's a ***** and will go to hell (RIP angry Oxford Circus preacher ) or think that you're going to propose or something.

Good luck though.
Just to let you know, talking to any stranger in London for whatever reason will probably put them on edge a bit.
Quote by Baby Joel
Just to let you know, talking to any stranger in London for whatever reason will probably put them on edge a bit.

this
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
as long as you're just doing it to compliment her.. hell yeah you should do it!

seriously.. women smell insecurity! they don't really judge you for being insecure most of the time (at least as long as they aren't stupid) but they won't really want to jump your bone either.
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
I don't even know what your objective is but if you're gonna walk up to women and tell them their beautiful I'm gonna have to say no. These days it will likely be in the frame of creepy. I mean if you were approached by guys constantly, heard or experienced about creepy people online sending messages and whatnot, how would you react to some random person walking up to you and telling you you were beautiful? I mean it sounds nice but unless it's the right setting, approach and everything I don't think you'll get a good reaction.

If you want to boost confidence, why not just make random chit-chat with people? I don't think you have to focus on 'beautiful women' alone. Just a couple of words here and there, you'll learn what works and what doesn't. Then you'll probably get better at conversation in general.

Quote by Nelshizzle

Questioned for what? Eye-loitering?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by willT08

It's backed up by psychological research
Quote by Basti95
It's backed up by psychological research

Conducted how?

A load of men intimidating women into self-reporting what they find attractive to fit in with their misogynist outlook?

Yeah nice try mate
Quote by willT08

It's backed up by psychological research, son. You know, you're very funny.
Last edited by Basti95 at Feb 2, 2014,
Quote by willT08
Depends what you look like

+1, and don't say beautiful

It's gay

say 'ddaaayyyuuummmmm gguuurrrlllll' or give a smile, maybe say you look good or something but don't be gay about it
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Quote by willT08
A load of men intimidating women into self-reporting what they find attractive to fit in with their misogynist outlook?

i feel like this get's overlooked far too often

i mean sure.. many women are attracted to success but why wouldn't they be?
a successful man is probably more confidant, can provide his share to the family budget, is likely to be healthier etc.

(all backed up by scientific research too)
Quote by Telecaster7
Oh dear, current affairs...
Quote by Nelshizzle

I was not aware of this. >_>

Kensai is right by the way, TS.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Feb 2, 2014,
I think its all down to your looks.

If you're attractive enough for the girl then she wont mind but if you're not you're gonna creep her the **** out most likely.

Thats the way society works
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
you gotta put yourself in her shoes. a random dude walks up to you just to discuss your looks? could be flattering, could also be creepy. i wouldn't do it. if you have some other reason to talk to her and you just wanna throw that in, i'd say go for it but make sure you have an exit strategy if she doesn't take the compliment well. if you make yourself out as a creep you should vacate a.s.a.p. because you're making her and every women in earshot very uncomfortable.

as far as how you should say it, you should do it nonchalantly. if you really put emphasis on it, you're gonna look like a creep for sure. the vibe should be "hey you're cute but it's whatever i'm not trying to make any moves or anything." a lot of girls are scared of getting hit on by creeps (i mean have you watched law and order svu?) so the best way to avoid scaring her is to not actually hit on her, just make a polite observation and be on your way. and yeah definitely no terms of endearment. it's a compliment not a cat call.

an alternative method to getting more confident which is what eventually allowed me to evolve from a greasy metal head is talking to attractive females with no sexual or romantic intention. a lot. it's a lot easier to approach some pretty girl if you've already done so a hundred times with no pressure. protip: if you can get into some feminine hobbies in the process, you'll have better chances of relating to any random female.
i don't know why i feel so dry
Quote by Nelshizzle

And don't forget the sunscreen.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Yeah that kinda bravado won't bode well in our modern sensibility of silence and and everyone's a creep
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
Depends on HOW you say it. Seriously, you could say anything, i suppose. It really just is about charisma <.<
FUCK YOU ALL!

666 BLACK METAL HOLOCAUST!!!!!
I guess you could say something like "you're beautiful" to a complete stranger.

Or, you know, you could try a normal conversation that actual human beings would have. I only found this out recently, but some women actually think about things besides how they look.
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
Page 1 of 2