Hey all. I'm supposed to be getting my tax return in a few days, and the first thing I'm doing is ordering a 212 cab. I just can't decide what speakers to put in. My Krank Rev head will be here shortly. Everyone suggests V30's. On the tube, all the videos sounded a bit harsh. Along with the G12 K-100. I know that YouTube isn't an accurate representarion. But, it should give a somewhat idea how it sounds. Any suggestions?
up to you, really. v30s are great for certain things (heavier stuff), just they tend to be a bit overused by cabinet companies too for less suitable applications. they're also good combined with other speakers.

krank used various eminence speakers with their amps, too, so they might be worth considering as well. the v12 in particular is a bit like a more mellow v30, and krank used that one in the revolution cabs, I think (don't quote me on that, though, I might be getting mixed up between the different cab models).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I've heard Texas Heats sound awesome with those amps. I run my Rev Jr. through a Mesa cab with V30s, sounds great to me.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
V30s are fantastic speakers in my opinion and can't go wrong with them on a guitar cab. Out of the speakers i've used they're my second favourite after G12-65s.
Yeah V12's come stock in the Rev 4x12, I have one they also come stock in the Rev Jr cab.

I would get a Lynchback and 75 watt creamback.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
if you want to put up with an extra order, shipping, and a little bit if self install, go buy some WGS speakers like i did.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I have the Avatar contemporary 212 with a V30/G12H30 combination..., sounds great. Also with this combo the max it can handle is 60 watts, not sure how many watts you need it for.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Quote by Tylander
The amp is 120w. So, a 212 with V30's won't work, will it?

A 212 with 2 V30s will handle 120W.

The equation is the wattage of the lowest rated speaker in the cab, X the number of speakers in the cab.

V30s are 60W speakers, so 60 X 2 = 120W.

Blackfire.s cab has a 30W speaker and a 60W speaker. So 30 X 2 = 60W.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
The V30/G12K-100 combo should be fine. I'm guessing it's for metal? Also for metal you're going to want a closed back cab.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

Yes, it is for metal, and I'm going to get the conversion board to make it closed.
I'll see if I can find the video demonstrating this, but I'd highly recommend one V30 and a Greenback. I love the GBs in my Avatar cab, but replacing one with a V30 makes it magical...

Found one that I was thinking of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KbS1NUaP6I
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Last edited by richardlpalmer at Feb 3, 2014,
I listened to that one, yesterday. Definitely something I was contemplating. I just know nothing about speakers.
The thing with V30's is that they sound a bit astringent when new, but seem to mellow out after a breaking-in period. I have a pair in an open-back cab that may be my favorite 2x12.

Avatar will ship you Hellatone 60's, which are V30's that have been broken in and relabeled. This would absolutely be my first choice.
Quote by dspellman
The thing with V30's is that they sound a bit astringent when new, but seem to mellow out after a breaking-in period.

yes
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Definitely get the Hellatone Vintage 30, they're already broken in for the same price. A brand new, stiff V30 is one of the worst sounding speakers I've dealt with.. but when they're broken in it's a modern classic.

I run a V30 and G12H30 in my Avatar 2x12, great combo for British-influenced amps. Sounds huge with a big low end.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
K100's are my personal favorite speaker. i don't have my inventory of my gear how many i have but i am sure i have over a dozen, as well as a bunch of V30's and T75's
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
K100's are my personal favorite speaker. i don't have my inventory of my gear how many i have but i am sure i have over a dozen, as well as a bunch of V30's and T75's

yep... best speaker for metal. there's a reason why slipknot is known for their tone. cant stand the band, but their tone is way to good. im thinking about adding 2 K100's in an Xpattern with the stock V30's in my orange cab
Quote by Count FurFur
yep... best speaker for metal. there's a reason why slipknot is known for their tone. cant stand the band, but their tone is way to good. im thinking about adding 2 K100's in an Xpattern with the stock V30's in my orange cab

i have a peavey cab, in X with V30's with K100's great tone. i have a lot of cabs. most are all K100, or mixed.

i check CL every day for cheap cabs see what speakers they have, go pick them up, sell the empty cab and keep the speakers and build a cab or if its a nice cab just keep it together. i like having options.

K100 = V30 would be great.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i have a peavey cab, in X with V30's with K100's great tone. i have a lot of cabs. most are all K100, or mixed.

i check CL every day for cheap cabs see what speakers they have, go pick them up, sell the empty cab and keep the speakers and build a cab or if its a nice cab just keep it together. i like having options.

K100 = V30 would be great.

last time i did an pattern was in an avatar cab loaded with v30's and g75's. hated that cab. was way to dark. read so many good reviews for that cab. i hope this time, the k100 and v30 will rock! ftr... i play a 6505 and orange 4X12(v30's). all death metal... drop c
Quote by Count FurFur
last time i did an pattern was in an avatar cab loaded with v30's and g75's. hated that cab. was way to dark. read so many good reviews for that cab. i hope this time, the k100 and v30 will rock! ftr... i play a 6505 and orange 4X12(v30's). all death metal... drop c

i am not really a fan of t75's. they have never done it for me. i have a quad in a cab. the problem is that there are so many marshall cabs out there cheap, they all have T75's and of course some people just love a cab that says 'marshall' on front of it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWK0sa7tlfI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knjV-PTScZk

first link is better. short samples but you can get a little bit of what he is playing.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!