Whats the cost range a shop would charge to retolex an Orange 2x12 cabinet? That is if they stripped, prepped, and did all the work. The tolex is in good shape. Worn in some places from moving to/from places. Just want it in black to match a new rig.

If it matters I could take off the handles, front baffle, back, corners, to save disassembly time.

Last edited by cheesefries at Feb 2, 2014,
I would look at mojotone.com to get an idea of price. They have it listed per yard, so just measure your cab and then get an idea that way, if anything you could do it by yourself. I am in the process of putting tolex on my built cab, I'm just really lazy about that right now.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
If you have any tips please share! I decided to do it myself. During the Super Bowl commercials I started taking off the hardware and ripping off the tolex. I'm planning on putting on black Marshall style tolex with white piping to replace the black piping. Not sure what color grill cloth yet. I'm thinking just black for now.

here is where I am so far. I'm prepping myself for a long day of sanding sometime this week.

Last edited by cheesefries at Feb 2, 2014,
Are you planning on getting rid of the orange crest and logo on the front? I've been looking for those to add to my cab. Ironically you got rid of the tolex and logos that I am after.
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
Are you planning on getting rid of the orange crest and logo on the front? I've been looking for those to add to my cab. Ironically you got rid of the tolex and logos that I am after.

I still have an Orange 412 I'm keeping. I just haven't found a Marshall 2x12 built worth a damn to replace this so I'm just going to make this match the Marshall head I'm getting soon.

The crest and logo was knocked off and broke being moved to a gig a few years back. Orange has repeatedly said they would replace it and it would cost 15 bucks. They would just have to create an account for me and call me back. They flaked out 3 times so far and not responding to emails anymore. If I call they take a message.

I'm going to email a picture of the cab when I'm done (Marshall logo and all) and thank them for their customer service.
Last edited by cheesefries at Feb 3, 2014,
I've ran into similar things with Orange before. All in all I have been satisfied with their service, they are actually pretty quick on email. Sorry to hear you had a bad run in. Post pics when you are done with the cab. Hopefully it will motivate me to get to work on mine.
Line 6 M13