Hey, I've owned my Jay Turser jt-220 for 5 years and this is the first time I've had any serious problems. I'm having trouble with the G-string getting out of tune very quickly. After about 45 seconds of playing in fact.

Anybody have any idea what the problem is?
^^^^ should work.

Could also be built up gunk over the years making the slot a bit tighter/sticky. You can try running a very thin very fine grain piece of sandpaper a few times through it to clean it out (if its gunky)
+1 for graphite ( vaseline and lead shavings from a regular pencil if your feeling "craftsy")....and put some in your saddle grooves whilst your at it....believe me this works...I have a Gibson SG with a lyre vibrola ...like its hard enough keeping a Gibson in tune as it is without flashy hardware!!!

This is considering you are correctly restringing and don't have a dud string or any kind of mechanical faliour.
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Quote by cheesefries
^^^^ should work.

Could also be built up gunk over the years making the slot a bit tighter/sticky. You can try running a very thin very fine grain piece of sandpaper a few times through it to clean it out (if its gunky)

....I use a toothbrush......not my own of course;-)
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Quote by Blackst4r
+1 for graphite ( vaseline and lead shavings from a regular pencil if your feeling "craftsy")....and put some in your saddle grooves whilst your at it....believe me this works...I have a Gibson SG with a lyre vibrola ...like its hard enough keeping a Gibson in tune as it is without flashy hardware!!!

This is considering you are correctly restringing and don't have a dud string or any kind of mechanical faliour.

I don't trust myself doing that so would a guitar store clerk do it for me?
Quote by Blackst4r
....I use a toothbrush......not my own of course;-)

hmm... i use a toothbrush for my fretboard. Now I'm going to have to get another in a different color for my nut. toothbrush gas. lol
Quote by ehbacon

You can YouTube it. It is literally just grounding up the end of a pencil on a piece of paper and funneling it into the nut slot. I'm sure the tech would love you to pay him for that.
At the guitar place I go to they do basic stuff for free if you bought the guitar from them, which I did. I'm sure this would qualify as a basic adjustment, plus I'm going there tomorrow anyway to check out a guitar.
Quote by ehbacon

when you take a string off, just use a pencil and rub the slot a few times. You may need to file or sharpen the pencil tip so that it fits into the slots for thinner strings.

Vaseline sounds messy.
Quote by black_box
when you take a string off, just use a pencil and rub the slot a few times. You may need to file or sharpen the pencil tip so that it fits into the slots for thinner strings.

Vaseline sounds messy.

...you make a paste....like graphite....works like a charm