Page 1 of 3
Post actors that you feel are better than the roles they get. For me:

Jane Kaczmarek, the mom from Malcolm in the Middle. To me she was just as good as Bryan Cranston in that show. Cranston got to show his potential with Breaking Bad, though.

Eddie Murphy - Great in Beverly Hills Cop. Not so much in Norbit or Pluto Nash.

Ray Liotta - He was so good in Goodfellas but didn't do much after that
Tim Robbins. Great in Shawshank Redemption...what's he doing now?

James Gandolfini before he died, not much going on after the Sopranos.

Robin Williams. He doesnt get enough serious roles ala Jumanji or Good Will Hunting, and that sucks cause he's a much better serious actor than funny.
pinga
Quote by The Madcap
Post actors that you feel are better than the roles they get.

Your mom, just ask er
KIFFLOM
Quote by Cb4rabid

he didn't do too much after the sopranos finished but i don't think it's fair to say that he didn't live up to his potential. he was arguably the best protagonist in the history of television.

Zack Effron - If not for the drugs, I think he could have really blossomed into something better outside of Disney.

Shia Labeouf - Outside of Even Stevens and Transformers he's really done nothing. He should be rolling in scripts but his attitude seems to be a problem for some people.

Toby Maguire - He should be in everything.
Zac Efron did drugs? I thought he was one of the few Disney people who didn't go totally off the rails?
Quote by Cb4rabid

What did Neil Armstrong even do after stepping on the moon?
Quote by MinterMan22
he didn't do too much after the sopranos finished but i don't think it's fair to say that he didn't live up to his potential. he was arguably the best protagonist in the history of television.

I need a tv show to watch after I've finished Breaking Bad, should I check out The Sopranos ?

Edit: Also, Matthew McConaughey from like 2011 onward has been a great actor, maybe he realised being good looking wouldn't last forever so he'd have to actually be a good actor, I heard someone on IGN refer to it as "The McConnaissance"
Last edited by lemmyisgod97 at Feb 2, 2014,
jensen ackles - not a lot of big roles outside of supernatural. Dude can act.

wentworth miller and dominc purrel - both were in prison break. nothing else too popular though, and that's a damn shame. Fantastic performances from both.

skeet ulrich - outside of jericho (which got canceled, and it was again, amazing) And the first scream, i can't name anything he's been in.
ayy lmao
Quote by K'Nuckles
Jared Leto was great in Requiem for a Dream, now he just sings in 30 seconds to mars.

Panic room, Dallas Buyers Club, American Psycho. There's a few others i cant think of.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Jako215
Shia Labeouf - Outside of Even Stevens and Transformers he's really done nothing. He should be rolling in scripts but his attitude seems to be a problem for some people.

This guy is in like...every movie, man.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by lemmyisgod97
I need a tv show to watch after I've finished Breaking Bad, should I check out The Sopranos ?

you should put breaking bad on hold until you're done with the sopranos tbh

Quote by MinterMan22
you should put breaking bad on hold until you're done with the sopranos tbh

Well i'm nearly done Season 4 so i'm gonna finish the whole series in like the next 2 or 3 weeks then i'll get on the The Soprano's.
Jim Carrey. He was great in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I wish he built more on that aspect of his acting rather than making goofy faces and bouncing around like a 10 year old with a Red Bull.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by The Madcap

Ray Liotta - He was so good in Goodfellas but didn't do much after that

He's been in some good ones. Narc and The Iceman come to mind, but I generally agree. He needs a good lead role again. I think he would be good playing Roland in the Dark Tower films (if they ever get made)
I think Ryan Gosling is a great actor who is just starting to realize his full potential. Only God Forgives was a weird film and kinda took his acting in Drive to the extreme, but after discussing that movie with friends, it was actually more thoughtful than I thought when I left the theater. He has had some stupid roles, but he has a lot of really interesting ones as well, imo. It's too bad he's taking a break from acting now.

EDIT: ^Ray Liotta was in A Place Beyond the Pines and was great in that.
Quote by K'Nuckles
Jared Leto was great in Requiem for a Dream, now he just sings in 30 seconds to mars.

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by barden1069
Jim Carrey. He was great in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. I wish he built more on that aspect of his acting rather than making goofy faces and bouncing around like a 10 year old with a Red Bull.

To be fair, he's extremely entertaining when he's doing that as well.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
Quote by Spoony_Bard
To be fair, he's extremely entertaining when he's doing that as well.

Oh, definitely; my post is worded poorly and makes it sound like I'm saying it's a bad thing. I would just like to see more of his serious side too. Kind of like Will Ferrell - I thought Stranger Than Fiction was good and a bit of a change of pace for him, and I liked it. I'd like to see more. But in the meantime I'll be just as entertained by Anchorman or Ace Ventura.
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Quote by K'Nuckles

Bro, Fight Club.
Quote by Cb4rabid

Robin Williams. He doesnt get enough serious roles ala Jumanji or Good Will Hunting, and that sucks cause he's a much better serious actor than funny.

He did both in Good Morning Vietnam, which I think was brilliant.
Quote by Cb4rabid
Tim Robbins.
he made a showing in War Of The Worlds. Not much else.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Johnny depp did some good movies then became a pirate. Entertaining but not a whole lot of quality.

Kevin spacey did a couple of fantastic movies but the rest is utter shit.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
^Check out Donnie Brassco. Was Depp's finest moment.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Didn't really like it.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
johnny depp was alright in sodomize this: rape apology 1977

Kristen Stewart. Twilight aside, she was good in Welcome to the Rileys, which I think also had James Gandolfini in. While she has done some pretty underwhelming movies, I feel like now that the whole Twilight thing is over, she could really become pretty good.
I'd say Christian Bale hasn't done anything good since American Psycho, with maybe the exception of Rescue Dawn.
edgy meems only friendo :^)
Edward Norton.
Absolutely fantastic actor, but outside of Fight Club and American History X he hasn't really been allowed the kind of roles which showcase his talent. Except Red Dragon, I guess but he didn't have enough to do in that.
Quote by SkepsisMetal
Edward Norton.
Absolutely fantastic actor, but outside of Fight Club and American History X he hasn't really been allowed the kind of roles which showcase his talent. Except Red Dragon, I guess but he didn't have enough to do in that.

Must kick himself everyday for not doing the Avengers movie.Damn fine actor.
Quote by Cb4rabid

One Hour Photo is ****ing brilliant. Williams is amazing in it.
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Quote by Cb4rabid

.....Jumanji is a serious role?

Best Robin Williams movie is World's Greatest Dad though. You should check it out if you like him in a more serious role. Although it is a black comedy.
Quote by The Madcap
Eddie Murphy - Great in Beverly Hills Cop. Not so much in Norbit or Pluto Nash.

See, that's not really the problem with Eddie.
The problem is that he started doing movies in the first place instead of just doing comedy (something Ice Cube has also done with music, but I digress).
It's like if Andrew Dice Clay seriously decided to do movies back in the day...it would be stupid.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by Cb4rabid

Re: Tim Robbins, go watch Mystic River right now, but yeah I think he just picks movies he can have fun with now (tenacious D, War of the Worlds, Green Lantern)

Gandolfini did some stage work after the Sopranos and was in a pretty good comedy called In The Loop, check that out

Whoever Said Ed Norton was bang on, He's great in everything even when the movie sucks (The Incredible Hulk, Stone, etc) But yeah he's tapered off, but I love Fight Club, American History X, Rounders, Primal Fear et al.

Colin Farrell should do more comedy, he was excellent in In Bruges and Seven Psychopaths

I like Jackie Earle Haley as well, i feel like his range should be able to go beyond insane people and pedophiles
I used to be a goddamn saint. I said my prayers and handled snakes until the road introduced me to sin. I only shook hands with drink but he had friends with him
Page 1 of 3