I have been having a really hard time writing riffs lately. I know where I want to head with my music and our band all agrees that classic/hard rock (Led Zeppelin or GnR) is the way to go for us. I fully want to play rock, but when I try to make a piece of music it is always power chords or too metal for my taste. WTF is wrong?! I don't want to make metal music, but everything I write sounds that way. I have one nice riff under my belt, but I can't come up with anything to go with it in the rest of that song. If someone could analyze several Led Zeppelin songs, just the music (not lyrics), and give some specific details on how their riffs and songs are structured. I could ask many more questions but I am so tired, so this is it for now! Thanks!
\m/ (-_-) \m/
You can't have someone else analyze the music for you, you aren't really going to learn anything from that. Take a Led Zeppelin album learn to play every song (by ear preferably) and start noticing similiarities in rhythm and chords used.
Quote by DRMguitar
If someone could analyze several Led Zeppelin songs, just the music (not lyrics), and give some specific details on how their riffs and songs are structured. I could ask many more questions but I am so tired, so this is it for now! Thanks!

I usually find new riffs that resemble a certain genre or a certain band after playing lots of their songs for a while.