Ibanez has there site updated with all the new models for 2014. The RG 652 has to be too good to be true. It's a prestige made in Japan, 6 string hard tail, 5 piece prestige neck, wood mounted DiMarzio pick ups, locking tuners... basically everything I want in a guitar for $1000.

Anybody know how they've got the price down so low? I've never seen a new prestige for under $1,500. I realize it's a "basic" guitar and the fixed bridge is cheaper than the ZR system. You think the parts are made in China or Korea and then assembled and set up in Japan or is it really all Japanese made?
Are you in the US?

Ibanez Prestige RG1570s and RG1550s have been $1000 for a long time. $1000 has always been the entry point for Prestiges.

I even remember a little special run they did a while back, RG1451 and RG1450, I think, that were about $850 or $900 or so, and came with soft cases.

Hard tails knock a good chunk off of the cost compared to a double locking trem, they probably offest the DiMarzios that way.

Side note, I'm pretty surprised and upset that they have apparently ****ed up the numbering system they have used for decades. Guitars ending in "1" have always been hard tail, and guitars ending in "0" have always had a trem. What is this "2" bullshit? And they're going back to three digit numbers? And *5* doesn't signify a pickguard anymore?

Ibanez stahp. Wot r u duing?

EDIT: Oh my god the S series don't have ZR trems anymore. What the actual shit. Ibanez. STAHP.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Feb 3, 2014,
Okay, I guess I've always leaned more toward the S line and not priced the RG's (since they all seemed to either have tremolo's and the few hard tails had EMGs).

As far the numbering goes I'm guessing the first number is the number of strings, the second (5) is maybe the number of switch positions, the 2 is the number of pickups, and FX for fixed bridge. Of course this just applies to the RG line as the S is completely different.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Lmao! What the hell? The S series has a low pro edge bridge now? What happened to the ZR trem?

And the low pro looks a lot like a an OFR. Shame on you, Ibanez.
Last edited by Tylander at Feb 3, 2014,
^ er... what? the lo pro is an older ibanez trem. The S series used to have the lo-pro.

it's awesome that they're bringing the edge and lo-pro back. ibanez fans have been asking for that for the best part of a decade.

i have to say the japanese market ones look cooler, though (and possibly have slightly nicer pickups, the v1 and 2 (which I haven't tried) i think have the rep of being slightly nicer than the v7 and v8 (which I have tried and which are mediocre, though supposedly a magnet swap, which i haven't tried, can help a bit).

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/page13_jp.php?&data_id=164&color=CL01&cat_id=1&series_id=30

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/page13_jp.php?&data_id=172&color=CL01&cat_id=1&series_id=30

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/page13_jp.php?&data_id=182&color=CL01&cat_id=1&series_id=30

http://www.ibanez.co.jp/products/page13_jp.php?&data_id=188&color=CL01&cat_id=1&series_id=30

just a pity they don't have pink in the 550
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Last edited by Dave_Mc at Feb 3, 2014,
The Edge and Lo Pro are definitely great trems (my RG520 has an Edge), and I'm fine with them coming back, but I thought the ZR was really something special (my S420 has a ZR). I'm a bit disappointed that Ibanez would completely take away such an effective and innovative design. at least leave it on some models, you know?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Oh yeah absolutely, I'm all for having choice
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Is it only the US that's getting the lo pro's? I have guitars with the lo pro, edge pro, ZR and edge zero and the lo pro is the best feel of them all.
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I dunno. I was assuming they just weren't up on the European site yet. But ibanez is well known (alongside other brands too) for having different models for different areas, so
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?