hey everyone,'I've been using zoom multi effect for a year a didn't really like the sound too digital for me and i hate tweaking through it..so i thinking of using analog/single pedal..i been goggling for a week and i found behringer and newer product i guess JOYO pedal,after watching a few demos of booth pedal and im impressed with their sound and they re pretty cheap and affordable..

Do you guys they are good pedal to start a pedal board?

p.s::I HOPE YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY SINCE ENGLISH IS NOT MY AIN LANGAUGE..TQ
Last edited by nasbr at Feb 5, 2014,
Don't buy behringer pedals.
Just don't.

Joyo's on the other hand are pretty great for the price.
Yeah, between the two get a joyo indeed.

But it would be helpful to know what kinda sound you're after, y' know.
Just so we can advise ya better.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I tried a Joyo tremolo pedal to replace a Danelectro Tuna Melt tremolo that quit after 18 months. The Joyo is OK, but it seems to add some bass to the tone. If I had it to do over again, I would probably get another Danelectro. On the other hand, the Joyo pedal has worked fine ever since I got it, so it's good from that standpoint.
Which Zoom pedal did you have? The G3/5 are great pedals, but some of their earlier pedals were a bit ropey. Until the past couple of years, Zoom were always known for being a budget pedal manufacturer, the G3 & 5 were their first genuine attempts at taking on the highly regarded Line 6 pedals. With those pedals, they've done a great job but older pedals or the G1/2 are to be avoided.

Behringer are a definite no. Joyo as said above are great pedals for the price, but they aren't a long term investment and personally I wouldn't want to gig with them.

If you want quality pedals at a good price, check out stuff by MXR and Electro Harmonix on the used market. I have both on my pedalboard and rate them as some of the best pedals money can buy.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
If you want quality pedals at a good price, check out stuff by MXR and Electro Harmonix on the used market. I have both on my pedalboard and rate them as some of the best pedals money can buy.

+3,1415

I completely agree.
As far as Electro-Harnonix goes, for example, i went through a couple of expensive chorus pedals before noticing that i prefered the Electro-Harmonix Small Clone, which costs much less than the chorus pedals i had before.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Isn't Joyo just a rebrand of Behringer or some other low/mid-tier brand?
Quote by nasbr
hey everyone,'I've been using zoom multi effect for a year a didn't really like the sound too digital for me and i hate tweaking through it..so i thinking of using analog/single pedal..i been goggling for a week and i found behringer and newer product i guess JOYO pedal,after watching a few demos of booth pedal and im impressed with their sound and they re pretty cheap and affordable..

Do you guys they are good pedal to start a pedal board?

p.s::I HOPE YOU GUYS UNDERSTAND WHAT IM TRYING TO SAY SINCE ENGLISH IS NOT MY AIN LANGAUGE..TQ

go with joyo. i have the delay and its great
Quote by AmirT
Isn't Joyo just a rebrand of Behringer or some other low/mid-tier brand?

No, but there are brands like Harley Benton and Rocktronics that are rebranded Joyos.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
^ +1

Quote by GaryBillington

Behringer are a definite no. Joyo as said above are great pedals for the price, but they aren't a long term investment and personally I wouldn't want to gig with them.

I haven't tried Behringer, but that's the rep they have. Unless you just wanted to try a certain pedal for duffing about at home (and don't care if it breaks) I'd avoid it. +1 on what you said about Joyo.

The digitech bad monkey type pedals (bad monkey, screamin blues, hot head etc.) are maybe the best bang for the buck available in terms of being cheap but also reasonably reliable, but they don't have a massive range of effects in that range. Or the cheaper boss pedal (but same problem).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
behringers are so bad its like a waste of money. its so crappy, i cant tell you now you will replace it very shortly after. so, if you consider that a waste of money then yes....
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
The Joyo stuff is well built, but are not exact clones. For example, the Sansamp clones can’t shut off speaker simulation, the Ultimate Drive has less range than the OCD, and the boost channel on the Extreme Metal sounds like a reject Burzum demo. There’s a reason Joyo clones are $40 with free shipping and EHX clones are $70.

Some of the Behringer pedal circuits are exact clones and a few improve on the pedals they’re based on. But they’re plastic, so don’t plan on using them live unless you have spares. Read reviews first, it’s not hard to find out which are great and which are shit.
Quote by GaryBillington
Which Zoom pedal did you have? The G3/5 are great pedals, but some of their earlier pedals were a bit ropey. Until the past couple of years, Zoom were always known for being a budget pedal manufacturer, the G3 & 5 were their first genuine attempts at taking on the highly regarded Line 6 pedals. With those pedals, they've done a great job but older pedals or the G1/2 are to be avoided.

thank you for the feedback..i use my friend gfx5 and 808 if im not mistaken..we recorded a song using the 808 and it sound too treble it doesnt blend with the bass..it change my preception towards zoom and multi effect..
I used a Behringer pedal (fuzz) and was incredibly disappointed. It easily was the worst.

I did enjoy Joyo pedals though. For the price, they are pretty good.

I agree with nasbr on the MXR or EHX stuff used. Nothing but good things about those pedals in my experience.
Epi G400 '66 Reissue
w/ Airline Vintage Voiced Single Coil Pickups
thnx for all the feedback..how about NUX pedal..anyone had try them?