How much routing and drilling would I need to do? I've never done something like this before :/
Well, judging from the pictures I see of the raptor it doesn't really look like a strat pickguard would fit too well on it. The bridges look similar but I'm not so sure
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
If the bridge is the same size you should be good to just drop it in. The pickguard may not require a lot of routing or drilling, maybe just a little bit to accommodate different sizes of pickup. As for drilling, you'll want to drill some new screw holes for the pickguard. Other than that, I remember the Raptor and the Strat essentially being the same as far as parts go.

You'll also want to fill some of the holes from the Peavey pickguard, since it's a little bigger than the Strat pickguard and they'll end up being exposed. I also know the cutaway horns are shaped differently, so your mileage may vary.

The Raptor also has its jack on the side, not the front like a Strat, so you'd have to route that out and drill holes to pass wires through if you wanted one. I'd just keep the old jack.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
Yeah :/
The pickguard is even a different shape with different screw placements..

If the screwholes from the peavey pickguard will be exposed, then my guitar won't look really nice huh since I dont think I can do a proper paintjob with the same shade of red too
And yep, definitely keeping the old jack
Last edited by sealtain at Feb 3, 2014,
Quote by sealtain
Yeah :/
The pickguard is even a different shape with different screw placements..

You could always drill new holes though, and fill the old ones. The shape shouldn't be an issue. I checked my Raptor pickguard against the only Strat-style guitar here, my roommate's Samick, and it looks like it'll fit.
even if I fill it up, it's gonna look quite jarring :/
And thanks maybe I'll just order it and give it a shot. It's not a really good guitar to be modifying but I still cant bear to just toss it out
Personally, I like the shape of the Raptor's pickguard better anyways. You should just stick with that.
Yeah, the holes are gonna be a bother and if I want a strat, I can get it next time...
Still gonna change the bridge though, my screws are all rusted and the saddles for one of the string wont adjust properly without going sideways and stuff
Btw, do you know what's the cause of this sound? https://soundcloud.com/slianto/guitar-or-amp-noise

I'm sure my fingers or pick isn't knocking against pickups or the string and it only happens on the high E, B and G strings. Adjusting pickup height also does nothing. The sound only appears for about a second when I pick and can be heard clearly behind the resulting note
Sounds like the attack of the pick against the string. What kind of guitar, strings, and pick are you using?
It's a peavey raptor exp with 9 gauge ghs boomer strings and Im using both a 1.5mm hard pick and a 0.73 flexible pick