they dont suck
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
i knooo righhhhhhhht? hhhaahhhhhahahhahahahaaaahhhahhahahhahhahhhahaha dey suk a big one XDDDDDD
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
technology...

Get a nice one and it will sound great
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Dont listen to these guys. You wanna find the cheapest one you can buy. It'll make you sound like dimbag, cuz thats all dimebag used.
Sail upon the open skies
I think you need a new one
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Because companies know people with money still want tube amps so nobody bothers making good solid states.
Well first of all you shouldn't use amps associated with the Nazis...

seriously though a good ss can beat a tube so
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Feb 3, 2014,
Because the good ones were killed in the war.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
One of the things that give valve amps their character is the output transformer between the valves and the drivers coil. Build a decent S/S amp and put a suitable transformer in there and some of the response/character will magically appear, of course it will now be heavy and expensive negating much of the advantages of s/s but it will be more reliable. The thing that valves do best is that threshold clipping, it sounds sweet and clean and picking progressively harder takes you into overdrive and back out. You can thus accent single notes in a picked line if you want. s/s just goes clean/buzz/clean.
You can make music with s/s amps, some feel or sound better that others and there are a goodly number of valve amps that are badly designed and don't give a sweet tone or players response.

Try them all and find the amp for you, there is no silver bullet.
Solid state amps are the best. They give you great clean sounds. Almost nobody whatsoever uses anything with tubes for anything other than guitars. Keyboard amps, PAs, etc are all solid state. There are also less tube bass amps.

There are tons of great slid state amps out there for guitar if you just look for good ones, many that give you certain silly sounding (but necessary for things like djent) distorted sounds or cleaner-than-clean clean sounds like the Roland Jazz Chorus and all of the Peavey steel guitar amps. And there are also the famous solid state hi gain amps like the Crate GX130 and Ampeg VH140 that were used by bands like Cannibal Corpse and Dying Fetus in the late 80s/early 90s.

Chances are if you legitimately believe that all solid state amps suck, you most likely have no ear for tone and you are just basing your "opinion" on nonsense that gear snobs with more money than sense (many that are too old and deaf to have a good ear anyway) have been spewing for years.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Some suck, and some don't. I have a Peavey Bandit 112 and it sounds better than most tube amps under $500. It's also extremely loud.
i've heard great rhythm sounds with solid state, but for leads, tube tends to sound better to me.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
They don't suck. They're better at doing some things than tube amps, like maintaining a clean signal. But then they're not so good at achieving pleasing distortion unless you spend a shitton of money on them.

And besides, I like the idea of driving a guitar signal the way it used to be done.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 3, 2014,
Quote by UnmagicMushroom
because you're playing all the bad ones.

and I just can't take a guy with BC Rich in his user seriously

Hey, it's my first guitar haha.
Quote by metal4eva_22
For the same reason SSDs suck way more than HDDs.

They don't.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
You may actually find this set of videos quite interesting. You don't have to watch all 11 minutes of the first one, but the gist:

The guy does a blind test between a Bugera Valve, Marshall Valvestate and a Marshall SS. The second video in the playlist is the reveal. I know I got it wrong.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Because companies know people with money still want tube amps so nobody bothers making good solid states.

You're sure smart...
They don't suck at all. For instance, I own a 15watt spider amp and it's the best thing ever! SLAYER666tonesssyeah
Somebody please give Will a guitar for his birthday.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by willT08
Too late now m8

Got some sick wubz though

Guitar player's playing wah on every solo, or wub every synth line. Same shit different place

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by BCRichSOBA7X
Hey, it's my first guitar haha.

So then you do have a bad ear for tone.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
oi
take it to the gear forum
and consider rewording your discussion topic before you do
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do