Hi, been playing guitar for years but it's only in the past few years I've started using effects. My favourite at the minute is this mooer octave pedal, basically you can get any blend of -2, -1, dry, +1 or plus 2 octaves. But when using the effects loop, even with dry and octave up turned to zero and sub (octave down) turned on full I still get a blend between octave down and dry. is this the pedal, my effects loop or would it be the same on most amps? I just want the bass down effect
Cheers, David
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Sounds like it's a parallel loop. What amp?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Oops should have mentioned that, it's a Marshall DSL401 What is a parallel loop? like I say, complete beginner where it comes to pedals and stuff
Cheers
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
The DSL401 has a parallel loop. What that means is that it doesn't take the entire signal through the loop. A straight path is always left intact and some signal is fed to the loop and mixed back into the straight through dry signal. It won't do what you want. You'll have to run the unit in front of the amp to do it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification