i have read interviews where he says he will chain his murf pedals, he mentioned the 105 and the 105B for bass are frequently chained, and this will create interesting interferring patterns.

to me this sounds like multiple things being used. it almost sounds like the guitar is getting a treatment of some kinda wah being fed into an octave fuzz, octave pedal or green ringer style device and then it sounds like he is using it through two MURF pedals (the octave style device will give the MURF more frequencies to comb through and sound more effective). one of the murf pedals sounds like it is on a straight interval and the other seems to be having the 'rate' (animation speed) controlled with an expression pedal or external VC device. the one having the rate controlled is making 'watery' sounding oscillations at times.

there could also be a MF101 low pass filter in there for some parts but i think it is a wah instead.

it also sounds like mulitple guitars were used for this section, the interplay is complex enough where it is hard to hear distinctly what each guitar is doing. but those effects i mentioned should be the meat of what he is doing.

he is way better at using that effect that i am, my MURF is probably my least used effect of my moogs. i think chaining them together is a more interesting way of doing it, so that might be a reason i don't use it much: i only have one.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Last edited by gumbilicious at Feb 3, 2014,
Ok cheers man, I just won a murf for $244US a few mins ago so once that arrives I'll see what I can do with that and the rest of my gear. Very unlikely that I'll be affording a 2nd one anytime soon Thanks for the help! Also, any idea how much current it needs?
that is a really good price, i got mine when it was real new and there were none on the used market. even in the used market that is a pretty damn good price.

Quote by 7thString
Ok cheers man, I just won a murf for $244US a few mins ago so once that arrives I'll see what I can do with that and the rest of my gear. Very unlikely that I'll be affording a 2nd one anytime soon Thanks for the help! Also, any idea how much current it needs?

the power supply? i actually use the stock power supplies with moogs, there is something unusual about them, let me look again....

they use a standard barrel but are centre positive instead of centre negative. all the power supplies i have are 300 mA. so if you wanna use a more standard power supply for moog pedals then you will need a polarity inverter, but your power supply will only need to be able to supply 300 mA at most.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae