Page 1 of 2
take nirvana nevermind a classic album where every song is awesome but they made music videos to only 4 of there songs why don't rock bands make music videos to all
there songs on there album
Generally bands only release music videos for their singles, as the money for the videos comes from the label trying to promote the song.
Quote by chaoticfables
What? Every song in the universe has a music video to accompany them.
well
Lil Wayne has released several music videos, working with many directors, as well as featuring in many other artists music videos as well. Before Lil Wayne went to jail he shot 20 to 30 music videos to keep his fans interested in his music.[1]
So let me get this straight. You want an ALBUMS worth of music videos?
Are you, like, a troll, or are you really that incapable of just listening to music like the band intended?

For the hell of it: Because they can only divide soo much money between band expenses to do a few music videos per album.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Feb 4, 2014,
It's not practical. It costs too much money.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by harrytruman
why can't every song be a single

Record labels don't want to pay for every single song to be released on its own. They want to release the "best" songs because it will make them the most money, and drive album sales. In theory.
why cant people use punctuation and capital letters to indicate where one thought ends and the other begins its really annoying reading shit like this TS because it reads like one big unbroken sentence and it can be difficult to decipher do you understand what im saying do you feel me bro
PM me for newts
Quote by StewieSwan
why cant people use punctuation and capital letters to indicate where one thought ends and the other begins its really annoying reading shit like this TS because it reads like one big unbroken sentence and it can be difficult to decipher do you understand what im saying do you feel me bro

everyone look at this dork

Quote by Joshua Garcia
Are you, like, a troll, or are you really that incapable of just listening to music like the band intended?

For the hell of it: Because they can only divide soo much money between band expenses to do a few music videos per album.

how come mariah carey has over 98 music videos and prince 130 music videos but nirvana 8
Last edited by harrytruman at Feb 4, 2014,
Quote by harrytruman
]
how come mariah carey has over 98 music videos and prince 130 music videos but nirvana 8

because kurt died and mariah carey and prince didnt
Quote by bifteksupernova
Harry Truman?!?!

I didn't like Nirvana did you?

nirvana is awesome
Quote by Joshua Garcia

yes if had my way every rock band like
nirvana
peal jam
live
red hot chill peppers
blur
would have music videos to all there songs
I don't really even see the point in having a music video anymore tbh.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by harrytruman

Nirvana had 8 hits. Prince as 130. Simple math, really.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I don't really even see the point in having a music video anymore tbh.

They're more useful now than ever. It's about dat viral marketing.
PM me for newts
There's a funny thing called money. Also, if you want to watch music videos all day long, go watch movies.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by Mister A.J.
There's a funny thing called money. Also, if you want to watch music videos all day long, go watch movies.

sorry but that reason why i watched mtv in the 1st place [before they put on crappy shows] because i wanted to see alt rock grunge and metel music videos
Quote by harrytruman
sorry but that reason why i watched mtv in the 1st place [before they put on crappy shows] because i wanted to see alt rock grunge and metel music videos

Okay, good for you. How about you go watch MTV now, seeing as it might help you grow some new brain cells.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
Quote by Mister A.J.
Okay, good for you. How about you go watch MTV now, seeing as it might help you grow some new brain cells.

mtv sucks now with the shows like awkward and teen wolf
Quote by harrytruman

Are you dumb? We keep telling you. Most artists don't have the money to fund shit loads of music videos. Just because two huge, rich as fuck artists have tons of videos doesn't mean it's practical for your average musician.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by YeahKyuss
Nirvana had 8 hits. Prince as 130. Simple math, really.

To be fair, the amount of time between Smells Like Teen Spirit becoming a hit and Cobain dying was just over 2 years. Not a whole lot of time to be a hit machine.
Quote by harrytruman
well
Lil Wayne has released several music videos, working with many directors, as well as featuring in many other artists music videos as well. Before Lil Wayne went to jail he shot 20 to 30 music videos to keep his fans interested in his music.[1]

Yeah, that's what I said. Every song has a music video. Every song.
I think TS is a multi

Or perhaps just a troll.....

Anywhos, this question has been answered reasonably well. It's all about the money being invested/circulated into the band. Music videos are a marketing technique, generating an industry/job market for those that could benefit from selling music. Such as people hired on to direct/cast/makeup/lighting/cameras/catering and all the money inbetween.

Not to mention the money involved making the "music" in the first place.

You don't generally make a music video unless you have the intention to make and spend a copious amount of currency in the production. In which case you have a production company/promoter funding the whole operation.

Nirvana had music videos because they had so much financial interest surrounding them it was ridiculous. Therefore, everyone that had a foot in the door was going to make an attempt to capitalize on that interest. Ergo, Kurt Cobain realizes he's just another cash cow making money for other people.

So he detonates his face with a shotgun

That's why bands don't have music videos

Because the frontman will die

/thread
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
I'm glad MTV doesn't show music videos anymore cause I would be so ****ing sick of seeing angry white kids headbanging in unison in abandoned warehouses.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
I imagine they would if it was the "Music videos 24 hours a day" kind of deal, I mean it would make sense to appeal to all audiences as possible.
bawitaba a bang a bang diggy diggy diggy sed the boogie sed up jump the boogie
Quote by harrytruman
why can't every song be a single

Because singles are generally considered to be the "good" songs on an album.

Quote by harrytruman

Because both of those artists have been relevant (and alive) for far longer than Nirvana ever was, and they are also far more successful.

Quote by harrytruman
nirvana was awesome

Fixed that for ya.

Quote by harrytruman
yes if had my way every rock band like
nirvana
peal jam
live
red hot chill peppers
blur
would have music videos to all there songs

Look at me everyone! I'm a 90s kid! Everything was so much better in the 90s!

OT: At the end of the day it does not make sense financially for a band to record a video for each of their songs. Unless they do what Meshuggah did and do it for peanuts, there's no way any band will do a video for every single one of their songs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A_tSyJBsRQ
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
Didn't beyonce make an album with 14 songsd and music videos a few month ago?
My Soundcloud

My beginner rig:

Epiphone Goth G-400 SG
Line 6 Spider IV (Don't judge me, I was young and stupid)
Stagg SW203N
Yamaha APX500
You need to create your own for some songs

a la Dark Side of the Moon and The Wizard of Oz
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by harrytruman

what age are you?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Page 1 of 2