All these sites of gotten so big and clusterf*cked.

PureVolume
ReverbNation
SoundCloud

Where else, I jsut want somewhere simple to upload all my music and have it publicly open for friends and others to hear without a bunch of clutter and emails and giant profile building.
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
Soundcloud or Bandcamp.

I'd recommend Bandcamp but you need .wavs or .flacs to UL files. But people can download full albums from you if you wanted that. And it's a great database for finding new artists
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
myspace
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Don't.

Keep all your music to yourself and send it round to people who will actually get it heard. That is, if you think your music is really worth sharing
Quote by ichiefG13
youtube?

I've used Youtube up till now but its a pain in the ass to convert every mp3 file into a one picture video file....

It's also about having a back up of my stuff..
My Gear:
-Fender American 1962 Stratocaster Reissue
-1984 Marshall JCM 800 2204
-Ibanez Wh-10 Original
-Boss DS-2 Distortion
-Boss CE-5 Chorus
^This really doesn't sound like asking for industry level sharing. At all.

Quote by GuitarGuy2387
It's also about having a back up of my stuff..
Pretty sure any of the three you listed allow you to DL the files you UL. So long as you check the box in the preferences section. However, with Bandcamp you can do so in any format you want to DL it in..
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Feb 4, 2014,
I don't understand your problem with Soundcloud. It's brilliant, especially if you have premium.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
I do not recommend SoundCloud for backing up your music files, unless you pay moolah you can't download what you upload. I uploaded a couple of ideas from a smartphone while me and a buddy were jamming, and now I can't upload them back unless I get a premium account or whatever.

I do recommend just storing it in your hard drive, or maybe a google cloud drive. If you really really want to share something with others, just upload it onto youtube. The universal accessibility of youtube would in my opinion be worth the hassle. You tell someone to look something up on Youtube and its usually not a problem, you tell some people SoundCloud, ReverbNation, and so forth and people tend to start to get lazy, that's another app they have to download and another account.
Dropbox

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Funk Monk
I do not recommend SoundCloud for backing up your music files, unless you pay moolah you can't download what you upload. I uploaded a couple of ideas from a smartphone while me and a buddy were jamming, and now I can't upload them back unless I get a premium account or whatever.

I do recommend just storing it in your hard drive, or maybe a google cloud drive. If you really really want to share something with others, just upload it onto youtube. The universal accessibility of youtube would in my opinion be worth the hassle. You tell someone to look something up on Youtube and its usually not a problem, you tell some people SoundCloud, ReverbNation, and so forth and people tend to start to get lazy, that's another app they have to download and another account.

I have my songs available for download on Soundcloud and can download them even though I don't have premium.
Also, not everyone is using a smartphone for their interwebbing. For anyone on a computer the process is no different.
Last edited by Soccerguy at Feb 4, 2014,
I use sounds cloud for demos and to show tracks to clients/potential clients. Yet I still have 100 followers there. It's dicks. Also the 2 hour limit means I'm constantly deleting tracks people have fav'd because I use it for to show people I'm making music for.

Pure volume is absolutely dead, I have 5 plays in 6 months, where I have hundreds of thousands on other sites. Reverbnation is dead.

Youtube if you don't plan on selling it and you can actually get it heard. If you want to sell it yourself or have downloads bandcamp, if you want professional digital distributioin I recommend catapult distribution.

The majority of my fans would come from youtube.
Soundclick.com
This is why I don't like arguing on the internet.
Quote by damian_91
If only you could back that statement up.
Quote by Zombee
Wolfgang's Philadelphia Study. Look it up yourself.
Quote by damian_91
No need to, absurd generalizations aren't my thing.
SoundCloud has a nicer layout than Bandcamp, but SoundCloud is only good if you plan on sharing all of your music yourself. It is a lot easier to discover artists through Bandcamp.

EDIT: Also, ReverbNation. They are good.
A new twist on an old classic

I hear Ultimate-Guitar.com has this functionality
might be worth checking out
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
myspace
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
/thread

Not really. There are huge swaths of music that have little to no presence on bandcamp
Quote by willT08
Keep all your music to yourself and send it round to people who will actually get it heard. That is, if you think your music is really worth sharing

Depends on who you send it to. An indie label might bother to look at it, but a major label will dump it as soon as it's out of the envelope. Most A&R at at labels is now digital.

And radio stations don't give a ****, as all their music is sold to them by third party pluggers (you could approach the plugger, but just to listen to your track you're looking at +- €500, no success guaranteed)

I was surprised when I saw this during my internship, seems a real waste.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Quote by GuitarGuy2387
All these sites of gotten so big and clusterf*cked.

PureVolume
ReverbNation
SoundCloud

Where else, I jsut want somewhere simple to upload all my music and have it publicly open for friends and others to hear without a bunch of clutter and emails and giant profile building.

The Pirate Bay
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by willT08
Not really. There are huge swaths of music that have little to no presence on bandcamp

There's also huge swaths of music that have a lot of presence on bandcamp.
Does it cost money to upload to all?

Seriously if it's free y not upload to all?

What ****in waste of time question, my apologies for the language

A lot of famous tru the internet guys even say this. "I just start spreading my music everywhere"

You know why a virus is effective? Because it spreads everywhere.

Do the biggest artists only tour locally or everywhere?

Is mainstream music heard just from cd? Or from a mall, radio, tv, internet? Promo at local places, advertisements, movies, talkshows.

Does good or bad music become most popular? Neither! It's the artists that get spread everywhere.. Even Justin Bieber spread to this site.

Get point.... Wanna get everywhere..go everywhere... Ehverywhere!

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 4, 2014,