I thought we could get a good discussion on a list of good blues pedals. I'm just now getting into effects as I'm preparing for my first gig, and I'm really starting to get addicted to honing my sound.

So far I've got:

Ibanez TS9
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
MXR Phase 90
EH English Muff'n
Boss Chorus

Any other additions? I'm not that well developed yet due to finances more than anything. Looking to get a Fuzz Face for sure. Any other recommendations? Anything listed, I'll hugely consider!
Hmm... I was wondering this too and am looking at a Boss Blues Driver BD-2? I'm currently using multi effects mind.
Pedal junkie here: I have a few dozen right now, some of which overlap in purpose. IMHO, there is no such thing as a must-have pedal, only pedals that work better or worse for your intended purposes. For instance, while it is considered essential by many, I have no Wah pedal. Someday, I may change that, but for now? Eh.

And the are pros who use only cheap pedals, some who use boutique pedals exclusively, some who use MFX pedals, and some who mix & match across all categories.

So, what is it you want to play?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Pedal junkie here: I have a few dozen right now, some of which overlap in purpose. IMHO, there is no such thing as a must-have pedal, only pedals that work better or worse for your intended purposes. For instance, while it is considered essential by many, I have no Wah pedal. Someday, I may change that, but for now? Eh.

And the are pros who use only cheap pedals, some who use boutique pedals exclusively, some who use MFX pedals, and some who mix & match across all categories.

So, what is it you want to play?

Anything similar to a Hendrix or Gilmour sound. So I think almost a psychedelic-blues sort of sound if that makes sense. I think a delay and a flanger would do well to help with that. Correct me if I'm wrong?
I would definitely add a delay (or five or six or nine). Delay pedals get addicting though, so careful.

For that psychedelic sound look into a nice analog delay. Like the MXR Carbon Copy or Deluxe Memory Man or Malekko Ekko 616.
Quote by iRock7
Anything similar to a Hendrix or Gilmour sound. So I think almost a psychedelic-blues sort of sound if that makes sense. I think a delay and a flanger would do well to help with that. Correct me if I'm wrong?

Well, I own a Boss RT-20 Space Echo, and this guy's video shows you why it is so good for those wanting to mimic David Gilmour's tone:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0QrXsrPAFIc
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Honestly, you're pretty set for blues already. Maybe a Uni-Vibe and a delay?

I'd personally go for an OD, Fuzz, Delay/Reverb, Univibe, Wah for a 'standard' blues setup.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
What about a EHX Big Muff?
"Space is big. You just won't believe how vastly, hugely, mind- bogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist's, but that's just peanuts to space."
-Douglas Adams
Tuner???
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
For blues? Maybe an overdrive or two, reverb and perhaps delay. But really, guitar and amp is all that's actually essential for blues.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Some awesome pedal mentions in here. I particularly enjoyed the RT-20, Carbon Copy, Big Muff. And my pedal has a stomp box for reverb and delay, but I think I'll just use it for the reverb and get a different delay pedal with stomp setting...perhaps a DD-7?
Quote by Cathbard
For blues? Maybe an overdrive or two, reverb and perhaps delay. But really, guitar and amp is all that's actually essential for blues.

the best blues tones i have gotten were from amps that had a nice 'edge of breakup' and hit it with a little OD for leads.

also the way you play blues is different than other genres with everything from feel and how hard you press, etc.

AMP>PEDAL(S).

if you want to include another pedal go ahead, but you don't really NEED anything. wah and univibe (i cheaped out and got a voodoo lab microvibe for $60 used). works great but doesn't get much use. type things for some blues.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I think the confusion is that the topic was posted in regards to blues pedals, but the poster is after a Hendrix or Gilmour sound.

They're not really the same sound.
Quote by albertj.q
I think the confusion is that the topic was posted in regards to blues pedals, but the poster is after a Hendrix or Gilmour sound.

They're not really the same sound.

yea there is that. it wasn't in the OP though. but yea different tones. really different rigs and several grand each.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Agree with the rigs^^

David gilmours tone is pretty gainy and relative to the average blues player has less dynamic range.

Almost a full on mid honk.

Blues rock is a better term I think in this case, but more traditional blues, is quite an airy dynamic tube sound.

Hendrix as well, while he has a nice clean blues tones a lot of the times, he also has a far more edgier sound.

Difference in playing blues, and having the actual sound of blues. That being said, blues is a very broad genre term, and has had a lot of room for personal interpretation as the former mentioned artists

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 5, 2014,