So, after everybody said i shouldnt get a Bugera, I took a look at some other afordable amps, and what came up was Jet City JCA50H. I also found a Peavey Valveking head, used, for the same money (300&euro. What would be better for playing metal? Here's our demo recording, so you can hear what kind of amp i need, instead of me explaining for a long time. Thanks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHIEMYyQFkA
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Jet City for sure. I've owned both, and the Jet City can get much meaner sounding with a boost. I found the Valveking to just be 'okay'.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Jet City.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
Jet City by far. Valveking is decent amp and capable of metal and may be a good bargain in used markets, but otherwise its bit outdated. The built-in gain boost is actually poorly done solid state gain stage, fizzy and useless without modding (and there are a lot of good mods available for this amp). With it disabled tubescreamer is required for metal sounds, not enough gain otherwise.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Last edited by MaaZeus at Feb 4, 2014,
jca
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I know, but here, the JC is 300€ and the 5150 is 1100€. I can get like 8 boost pedals for the price diference.
Quote by Count FurFur
[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W46XQ-grJEc[/URL"]

If TS had 1000€ there would not be any problems what amp to choose. Lots of great high gainers would be available. Engls, Laney Ironhearts, used Peaveys. But on his budget his only realistic choices are Jet Cities, SS Randalls or gambling with Bugera.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
not trying to bust your balls op but... i dont want you to compromise like many of us have down in the past. for your style and the tone your looking for, i wouldnt buy an amp just on budget. i would do without and save.
Jet City
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Yeah, but the issue here is giging. I have a peavey bandit right now, wich is neither loud enough nor does it have good tone (its busted as hell). Having an amp with a decent tone and enough power could at least get me trough to the next one i guess, until i get the thousands of € i need.
The Jet City JCA is louder than you should ever need and if you need louder, you will have a PA and a sound guy
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
The JCA50 is plenty loud enough. It just has to be loud enough to get over the drummer and it will do that with ease.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Jet City, or try to find a Peavey VTM. They're not the prettiest amp and kinda hard to find, but you cannot beat the tone for what they sell for. 100% all-tube design that's basically a JCM800 with a whole bunch of analog tweaking options on board. Check out my review on mine

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?p=31267685#post31267685

EDIT: The Jet City will be PLENTY loud, trust me.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Jca. Though it is smart to mention that the "clean channel" is the overdrive channel with much less gain. Like, cranking the gain on the clean channel is about a 3 on the overdrive channel.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
^That's not quite true. The "normal" channel has quite a bit of crunch available, however it's not as saturated or fat sounding as the OD channel at any setting.
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
Quote by Count FurFur
5150 lll... 50 watter. will slay the jet city with zero boost

They all came from the same origin anyway. 5150/6505 and Jet City's were all based on Soldano's. Not to mention that the Jet City's were directly designed by Soldano.
EGC Baritone | ESP M-I | Gibson LP Jr
BC Rich USA ST3 | Fender Telecaster
VHT/Fryette GP3 | Verellen Meatsmoke pre | Mesa 2:90
Soldano HR50+ | Marshall 2203KK | Krank RevJr 50 | Holden 50
Orange PPC412 | Laney GS412 | Mesa Thiele 112 | Alron 115
Last edited by godgrinder at Feb 5, 2014,
Quote by Flux'D
^That's not quite true. The "normal" channel has quite a bit of crunch available, however it's not as saturated or fat sounding as the OD channel at any setting.

Whoops just realized I missread what I was quoting! That being said, I noticed that the clean is less like my DSLs clean channel, and a lot more like it's "crunch" mod with the gain very low. To get it as clean as possible I keep my preamp super low and my power amp up high.

But yes thanks for the correction!
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
i had a VK head on top of V30's boosted iwth a 10 band in the loop, and the dummy jack and it wasn't ever amazing. personally i think a lot of the reason for people not liking them is that they were thinking that 'poor man's' 6505, which they are not and will not be. more of rock lines than metal.

just to throw another opinion out, if somebody offered me a brand new bugera or a used VK, i would take the VK any day. they are solid as hell. but no extreme chugging.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
i had a VK head on top of V30's boosted iwth a 10 band in the loop, and the dummy jack and it wasn't ever amazing. personally i think a lot of the reason for people not liking them is that they were thinking that 'poor man's' 6505, which they are not and will not be. more of rock lines than metal.

just to throw another opinion out, if somebody offered me a brand new bugera or a used VK, i would take the VK any day. they are solid as hell. but no extreme chugging.

peavey kinda shoots themselves in the foot with the VK advertising as they mention metal. for stuff like old Iron Maiden or Judas Priest sure it does those fine but not modern metal.
The Jet City, by far. You may want to add a boost to your setup, but there are budget options (Bad Monkey, GFS, Joyo) that will do just fine.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Well i guess its the JC then! My plan was to use the lead channel for rhytm anyway, and then boost it for solos live anyway.

Thanks for the advice everyone!
jet city
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by monwobobbo
peavey kinda shoots themselves in the foot with the VK advertising as they mention metal. for stuff like old Iron Maiden or Judas Priest sure it does those fine but not modern metal.

+1
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I played a Valveking for a long time and you can get some nice sounds of it with tweaking and some trickery but I now own the JCA50 and it's a better amp. Doesnt have the cleans but the Overdrive is really really solid.