I already tightened it really tightly and tried loosening it afterwards but the bridge still doesn't want to stay flat
Attachments:
photo 1.JPG
Last edited by sealtain at Feb 5, 2014,
Just add another spring ....I'm guessing you use a pretty thick string gauge?
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
Last edited by Blackst4r at Feb 5, 2014,
nope they are 9s
and the springs have been in my guitar for years but they are sitll really tight
Edited my original cause I saw you had extra slots;-)
I believe in god, jesus and the holy ghost.....or as i call them Angus, Kirk and Lemmy
How's your neck....is it really bowed?
Did you loosen the screws a tad on the front of the bridge? If those are really tight it won't go down. Just loosen them like 2 turns or so each.
Quote by mjones1992
Did you loosen the screws a tad on the front of the bridge? If those are really tight it won't go down. Just loosen them like 2 turns or so each.

Which screw do I loosen? All 6?

Quote by Blackst4r
How's your neck....is it really bowed?

There's just a minimal amount of relief for low-action
Quote by sealtain
Which screw do I loosen? All 6?

There's just a minimal amount of relief for low-action

Yep. All 6. Just a little. You'll have to do that anyway if you want to float your trem.
I tried loosening and it worked until I had to tune the strings. Then it just pops right out at the back. I tried loosening somemore but it brought the front up as well. So I just went ahead to try all kinds of combinations of loosening the top and tightening the trem claw but it still wouldn't stay flushed

I'll have to add more springs I guess but is this normal to require 5 springs for 9s?
Quote by sealtain
I tried loosening and it worked until I had to tune the strings. Then it just pops right out at the back. I tried loosening somemore but it brought the front up as well. So I just went ahead to try all kinds of combinations of loosening the top and tightening the trem claw but it still wouldn't stay flushed

I'll have to add more springs I guess but is this normal to require 5 springs for 9s?

Yeah get some more springs. They can wear out over time

You can also put the outer 2 springs on the next hook in twards the middle of the claw
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 6, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly
Yeah get some more springs. They can wear out over time

You can also put the outer 2 springs on the next hook in twards the middle of the claw

Ah, I tried putting the outer springs that way. It's slightly better after that but still lifting
Guess I'll just wait for my springs to arrive