Hello good people, hope everyone's day is going nicely. Quick question.

What is a makeshift way to make my twin reverb closed back? The bass gets kinda flubby and farty unless I have it at 2. Now I know equalization with attenuation is the best way to go but still I need more lows. Thanks.
Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional, Honey Burst
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
You said you need more lows, right? Get an eq, pitch shifter, or divebomb pedal.
2 is actually a reasonable setting for the bass on a twin. People often try to EQ them like modern amps which tend to be voiced around "everything at noon," but the twin wasn't made like that.
Still, if you want to experiment with a closed-back, just get a piece of plywood and screw it on.

Obviously a pitch shifter or divebomb pedal will not stop the lows from farting out, and will generally make things worse, so those are bad suggestions. An EQ might help but I think as you suspect it's probably more of a speaker/cab thing than actually needing more bass in the signal.
Quote by Roc8995
2 is actually a reasonable setting for the bass on a twin. People often try to EQ them like modern amps which tend to be voiced around "everything at noon," but the twin wasn't made like that.
Still, if you want to experiment with a closed-back, just get a piece of plywood and screw it on.

Obviously a pitch shifter or divebomb pedal will not stop the lows from farting out, and will generally make things worse, so those are bad suggestions. An EQ might help but I think as you suspect it's probably more of a speaker/cab thing than actually needing more bass in the signal.

thank you for the info! I was unaware that is a common setting.
Gear
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
In vintage Fender circles this is known as the "Magic 6" setting:
Treble 6, Middle 3, Bass 2
Bright switch on
Volume 6 (obviously not realistic all the time)

That setting is sort of the "default" setting for a lot of people with Twins and Supers. So bass on 2 is not a bad idea at all.
that is my exact eq except i have the mids at 4.5-6 sometimes
Gear
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4
Quote by Roc8995
Nicely done. Seems like you've got it dialed in just fine.

Gear
Alvarez Cedar Top
Fender Twin Reverb
CAE dual-fasel wah
EMMA DiscumBOBulator
T-Rex Yellow Drive
TC Spark
Mooer Phaser
TC Flashback X4