My gear :
Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro with Seymour Duncan Alnico II's
Dimebag Crybaby Wah
and a PocketPod I just acquired

My budget: 300$

I want a tube sound. There are used all tube and hybrid/preamp tube amps for under 300$ all over the internet.
I have been eyeing the Vox Night Train and Orange Micro Terror but I'm worried they won't foreal sound/feel like a real all tube amp. They also have a bunch of 1-5w very basic amps which I would go for if only I knew what the best choice would be for me..I play a Slash/Dimebag type style. I need a powerful but soulful tone. I've been playing guitar 6 years now.

Suggest anything that might help please.
If you don't mind a simple 1 channel amp check out the jet city jca20h more modern distortion and designed by soldano himself
Used should be right in your price range
Jet City JCA22h> Avatar 212
Schecter Damien Solo Elite
Epiphone Les Paul 1960s Tribute Plus
peavey vypyr tube 60. they go for like $250 used. and they can play all genres of music.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
is the vypyr all tube though? like no digital fake sound at all?

I'll check out the jet city though. Keep em coming
Yeah, the jet city is a good idea for this, and so is the vypyr tube 60.
The vypyr is hybrid, it has a tube power amp, but it sounds damn good even with the digital pre.
Plus you get all of the funny effects :P
And if you were to get a jet city, I'd get the jca22 - same thing as the jca20 but two channels, for I'm not sure how much more money but not a lot probably.

Anyway, for that money you could also get a used Marshall DSL40c/DSL401.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I've been through so many of the non-tube vypyrs, line 6 spiders, and a boss gt-10 for about 3 years. I honestly want an amp with none of that and something that just compliments my Seymour duncan'ed les paul. Having so many effects drives me crazy.

I am liking the jet city amps. I wish I could afford a good marshall but I cant, even the dsl40c, one day I'll get myself a jcm2000 though.

Anybody with an opinion on the Micro Terror or Night Train?
^ don't let the other vypyr's sound fool you, the vypyr tube's are completely different beasts.

The micro terror is hybrid, so you might not want that if you absolutely want tubes.
Plus it doesn't have a wide EQ.
I personally like that a lot, but you may find the single "tone" knob a bit limiting.
Don't really know a lot about night train's, but just looking at what they are you may wanna look into something with a ted more gain on tap.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
I guess I need to take a trip to guitar center to settle this ha.
Thanks though, foreal
If you can be patient, you could probably pick up an old danelectro/silvertone/magnatone/etc amp for under that easily. I just picked up an old danelectro cadet for under 200.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
the tube vypyr is ALOT better than the ss ones. its like night and day honestly.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
diezel herbert. cant beat it. you play a $2000 guitar but you want a $300 amp. thats like putting a $50,000 stereo in a $500 car lol
Check out a peavey xxx....
up your budget and get a marshall dsl15c..that Les Paul/Marshall combo is unbeatable and this coming from a strat guy!!
Didn't dimebag use ss amps?

How bout a Marshall Class 5?
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Used peavey Ultra 1x12 combo
Used peavey ValveKing 1x12
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by lucky1978

How bout a Marshall Class 5?

If you like Plexi tone, get this. It sounds great and definitely has the tube tone.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I would recommend the JCA22h, Peavey Ultra/XXX, or a Vypyr Tube.
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Used Carvin Belair or Nomad. 50W, EL84s, two channels, 2x12 (Belair) or 1x12 (Nomad) open back combo. Then go find the Hasserl Mods on the intertoobs.

If you can find a used Carvin XV112B or E model from the late '80's/early '90's at all, you can sometimes find them for $300. 100W, 1x12 open back combo. Active controls, 5-band assignable EQ, something of a clone of an early Mesa. Get the one that has EL34s. The "B" model has a 12" "British voiced" 100W speaker, the E model has an EV12L. Both just honk, but the "E" model weighs a ton. The current model is a reissue with different transformers and a digital reverb and other changes.
Quote by Count FurFur
diezel herbert. cant beat it. you play a $2000 guitar but you want a $300 amp. thats like putting a $50,000 stereo in a $500 car lol

As much as this comment is uncalled for in the tone that's conveyed, I actually kind of agree...

Seems kind of weird to me that you're playing a $2000 Gibson, but can't dedicated a little bit more money to a nice amp? You're completely wasting that guitar by playing it through the cheap solid states you've been playing and in the $300 range, without having a cab already, your options are very limited
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com