Page 1 of 2
Personally, I can't stand those people who enter the store and run staight for the Line 6 Spider IV and crank the gain and shred random notes, thinking they're "technical", with no intention on buying. All the noise hurts my ears and distracts me from playing some beautiful melodic cleans on the Orange Tiny Terror.
asshole who think theyre playing melodic clean on a tiny terror while im shredding on a spider

but seriously im left handed you can probably guess what pisses me off when i go to a guitar center
Personally, I can't stand those people who enter the store and run staight for the Orange Tiny Terror and boost the cleans and play beautiful melodic notes, thinking they're "tasteful", with no intention on buying. All the noise hurts my ears and distracts me from playing a frenzy of high gain, shredtastic licks on the Line 6 Spider IV
wen i cnt trade in my guitar 4 weed.
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
the fact that the nearest guitar center is hours away from me and i can't try most gear before i buy ;_;

****ing sucks
ayy lmao
Only been there once but had no problems aside from them not carrying roland amps. I knew what I wanted, jammed for a minute so only I could hear while the employees left me alone. Then I checked out.
Ian where you been?

I was checking your post history yesterday to see if you'd come back yet
Quote by willT08
Ian where you been?

I was checking your post history yesterday to see if you'd come back yet
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?
When i'm jus casually shreddin as I do and I get a whole crowd of kids gather around me with their parents and girls getting wet on the floor. What do they think it is? The bloody splish splash show!?
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
That there isn't a Guitar Center across the pond. And our equivalent chain store is utter shite. In terms of genuinely annoying things going on in music shops, I'm not too bothered. People have fun, people play guitar, people don't be dicks, and people buy gear.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Personally, I can't stand those people who enter the store and don't appreciate my random note shredding on the Line 6 Spider IVs. I mean, why buy a guitar if you can play it there for free

Those same guys think they're being 'technical' by playing some melodic clean crap on the Orange Tiny Terror.
ggg1 ggg3

Everything about Guitar Center pisses me off. There wasn't one in Shreveport until fairly recently and of course within months of them opening the shop I always went to stopped doing retail and the owner started doing repairs only, another one just shut down, and the one that was the biggest in town (I rarely went to this one because it was in a busy area) downsized to some tiny little shop.

I've been to Guitar Center once since it opened and I hated it. The atmosphere is just horrible. I'm used to being able to go in a music store and just chill and bullshit with the owner, pick up any guitar I want to try out without having to ask some employee to go find a ladder and carry it across the store to reach the one instrument that looks interesting, then not really like it and have to endure the salesperson trying to twist your arm into buying it. And they drove all the other places where you don't have to deal with that out of business.
Quote by The4thHorsemen
Everything about Guitar Center pisses me off.

This.

I would shop at the other places around here but they sell their shit at higher prices. Plus guitar center is kind of an in an out store for me. I really only go there for strings and picks anymore.
that i don't have more money
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Quote by willT08
No you don't

lol

Sure he does. He also has to pee in the yard to mark his territory thrice daily.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Their customer service. Seriously, washed up wannabes. They're too incompetent to sell used cars, so they screw unsuspecting beginners over on new instruments. Most of them give off a "I've been on my shift for 7 hours and I've only sold 3 Squier Affinity kits and I need a smoke" vibe when asking them anything. It's also a hassle to get an amp cable and I get scorned by the LP guy at the door for bringing my own, which I clearly label and let them inspect before and after visiting, almost as if I have to apologize for wanting to try their products. It's a business that is made to make the most money possible on new sales and trade ins, not to promote the common musician.

There have been a very select few employees that were helpful in the past but they are hard to come by and don't stay employed there for very long, big surprise.

I've had much better service at Sam Ash where I live, and I avoid GC at all costs.
Gear:
Ibanez GSA60 Guitar through Zoom G1Xon to Vox VT40+
Ibanez SR300 Bass to Acoustic B100
What pisses me off the most when i go to Guitar Center is sitting on a Fender or Gibson stool, opening my laptop, checking the UG forums, and see the same thread all over again. People who don't use the searchbar really rustle my jimmies.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Quote by theogonia777
Sure he does. He also has to pee in the yard to mark his territory thrice daily.
Ya know I thought that the whole pee to mark the territory thing would be understood by humans better but apparently not.

I saw this kickass Mitsubishi Eclipse I wanted that was parked outside the post office the other day that someone left their keys in, so I took a leak on the side and took it for a spin. Guess where I spent the next month.
When you can't find a store that sells 7 string acoustics.
Quote by RPGoof
Personally, I can't stand those people who enter the store and run staight for the Orange Tiny Terror and boost the cleans and play beautiful melodic notes, thinking they're "tasteful", with no intention on buying. All the noise hurts my ears and distracts me from playing a frenzy of high gain, shredtastic licks on the Line 6 Spider IV
You got properly ninja'd there.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Pretty much everyone who ever tried talking to me in guitar center sounded like an egoistic ****** that probably wasn't even good to begin with.
I meet lots of neat people in Guitar Center. The other day I played a banjo/classical guitar polka duet with an old guy from Peru, talked for about 10 minutes about steel guitar with another steel guitar player, talked to a guy that used to play dobro in a punk/bluegrass band that did hardcore breakdowns and everything, and talked to a woman that wanted to know about banjos and so I told her everything that she could ever need to know. And this was all in like two hours.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
If you go when it's not busy it can be pretty good, staff is bored and you can irritate them for about 1/2 an hr before they realize you aren't gonna buy anything but picks and strings.
I'd say its when I want to play on the drums just for like 5 minutes and there is a person hogging the set with the double bass pedals, Im sure it pisses the people working in that department as well.
Whats goes around must come down
Quote by Tempoe
If you go when it's not busy it can be pretty good, staff is bored and you can irritate them for about 1/2 an hr before they realize you aren't gonna buy anything but picks and strings.

Also if you go to a smaller Guitar Center on a weekday there is almost nobody there so you don't need to worry about being bothered by people playing Tiny Terrors.
I use the DJ equipment there. 95% of people in the store have no idea what it does so they leave me alone.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Quote by Ian_the_fox
Hey man believe it or not I got other things in life to do aside from trolling assburger kids yaknow?

Imagine that.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
This made me remember my 17th birthday a couple years ago where my parents bought me an amp. At the time I had been using my brother's tiny fender amp that he got used and I was fine with it. My parents got me a spider VI. I assumed they were directed to it by a store employee because they know less about this stuff than I do.
Nothing in Guitar Center pisses me off. You wanna know why? Because I get to pick from a huge selection of Acoustic, Electric Guitars and Bass along with keyboards to play at my own leisure.

Yup, that's right. No time limit on the instrument in question. Wanna know what else doesn't piss me off about Guitar Center? The fact that I can always get a free pick from the staff, the fact that sometimes staff will jam along to what i'm playing.

I'd rather go to GC than the shitty small music shops that throw their equipmonk around the place and pretend like it's new stock.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Most chain guitar generally tend to suck. Most of the stuff there caters to beginners and shitty "core" shredders. They are a good place to order in good gear however.
Amp:
Vox AC30
Guitars:
Fender Telecaster, Fender Jaguar
Keyboards:
Roland Juno 106, Nord Lead 2X, Yamaha DX7
Drums:
Roland TR-707
Quote by Nelshizzle
Nothing in Guitar Center pisses me off. You wanna know why? Because I get to pick from a huge selection of Acoustic, Electric Guitars and Bass along with keyboards to play at my own leisure.

Yup, that's right. No time limit on the instrument in question. Wanna know what else doesn't piss me off about Guitar Center? The fact that I can always get a free pick from the staff, the fact that sometimes staff will jam along to what i'm playing.

I'd rather go to GC than the shitty small music shops that throw their equipmonk around the place and pretend like it's new stock.

How much did they pay you?

The thing I hate the most is when they don't have what you want in stock. I can understand that they can't have an inventory of every single guitar in the world, but if they don't have what I want, then I've pretty much wasted my time with them.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 5, 2014,
I think it's been about a year since i was last in a guitar center.
Sail upon the open skies
Anyone who turns their amp loud enough for anyone but themselves to hear.
People who dont like jamming.
The shitty selection
They try to rip you off when you wanna trade something in. I understand they have to make money but damn
cig
Quote by Ian_the_fox
kickass Mitsubishi Eclipse

Kickass and Mitsubishi Eclipse don't go in the same sentence, they're cheap ass FWD wannabe sports cars, just like a Tiburon. Sorry to ruin your childhood dreams

OT: We don't have guitar centers here, but Musique Richard Gendreau seems to have the same vibe you guys are describing. They're always trying to rip off your arm for an overpriced guitar you didn't like.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at Feb 5, 2014,
Quote by Good_Lord
Kickass and Mitsubishi Eclipse don't go in the same sentence, they're cheap ass FWD wannabe sports cars, just like a Tiburon.

Don't talk shit bout my car. I've had it for 6 years and aint ever had a problem with it.
Sail upon the open skies
Page 1 of 2