Page 1 of 2
Has there ever been a time when living in Russia was like, an alright thing? Did they ever have, "the good ol' days?" Glad I don't live there.
Not to make light of the situation, because it really is awful and incredibly regressive. But if you pause it at 3:11 the back of the cop's jacket reads "HOMO" backwards
Last.fm So you can make fun of my taste in music
Youtube So you can make fun of my videos
Wouldn't be surprised if that's like super subliminal propaganda
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
That was heartbreaking to watch.
Russia is, and probably always will be, a shithole.
Also very disgusted in my own country for not boycotting the Olympics but it's no surprise that the US cares more about sports than the queer community.
^Reminded me ofthis
Quote by seanlang01
Has there ever been a time when living in Russia was like, an alright thing? Did they ever have, "the good ol' days?" Glad I don't live there.
There was the level in T.H.U.G....
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Feb 5, 2014,
Quote by GuitarGod_92
That was heartbreaking to watch.
Russia is, and probably always will be, a shithole.
Also very disgusted in my own country for not boycotting the Olympics but it's no surprise that the US cares more about sports than the queer community.

Pretty sure there aren't any countries boycotting the Olympics.
Quote by WaterGod

I never said there was
?
Quote by Banjocal
^Reminded me ofthis
There was the level in T.H.U.G....

Yeah thats about as good as it gets and it wasn't even real
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Yeah he trackie bottoms reminded me of Britain in a really eerie way, cus it looks like the homophobia of Britain unleashed
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by WaterGod
People have been vainly petitioning for it. But unless people see gay people getting flayed in Russian town squares the authorities are really not going to do shit about it because it makes a profit, and they can just occasionally make a vague comment about not supporting Putin from time to time over the period.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Banjocal
People have been vainly petitioning for it. But unless people see gay people getting flayed in Russian town squares the authorities are really not going to do shit about it because it makes a profit, and they can just occasionally make a vague comment about not supporting Putin from time to time over the period.
Supposedly it doesn't. The real reason they do it? Pads a politician's resume, gets the areas name out there, etc. etc.

Boycotting the games is also sort of against the "spirit" of the games. It is even more difficult when you consider that not only are the country's politics controversial, but its private citizens on a large scale (explicitly or implicitly) support and engage in morally questionable acts and policies.
Russia puts the world in third world.

That's a play non words
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Can I say that I think Russia is one of the biggest shitholes on this planet and there are so many shitty people there, even though UG is hosted in Russia?
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
One country needs to class it up and wear a rainbow uniform at the olympics and change their national anthem to it's raining men.
Quote by seanlang01
Supposedly it doesn't. The real reason they do it? Pads a politician's resume, gets the areas name out there, etc. etc.

Boycotting the games is also sort of against the "spirit" of the games. It is even more difficult when you consider that not only are the country's politics controversial, but its private citizens on a large scale (explicitly or implicitly) support and engage in morally questionable acts and policies.
Which leads to a profit. And I was speaking of the games as a whole as well as individual politicians. To boycott would cost an immense amount of money all round and would set a precedent about government policy vs. judgement of placement of the center for the Olympic games. Traumatising on all political fronts.

So they'll do the Olympics, air a couple of protests here and there while they report, make public speeches about Putin's BS, and do well.
Quote by EndTheRapture51

And this will also happen around the world still.
Whats goes around must come down
>UG
>Russia
>Gay
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Do the homophobic people call themselves homophobic? Or just bringers of justice or something?
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by Draken
One country needs to class it up and wear a rainbow uniform at the olympics and change their national anthem to it's raining men.

I'd pay money to see this

even more money to see it happen to russia.

or spain.
ayy lmao

OH GOD THE IRONY

But seriously, generally speaking, this kind of behaviour makes me sick. I'm getting more and more ashamed of being part of the human race by the day, there's just too many people who aren't capable of living in society. They shou'ld be all exiled to the same place, maybe they'd eat each other alive and leave the rest of the world to live in peace.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Last edited by Linkerman at Feb 5, 2014,
The part where they say 'you know that we have to kill you?' and the guy responds 'i guess that's my fate' hit me so profoundly, I feel so terrible man
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by Guodlca
Do the homophobic people call themselves homophobic? Or just bringers of justice or something?

They're called Occupy Pedophilia. Obviously inspired by Occupy Wallstreet.

"gays are terrible people" - Putin

"pppfpffffffpp" -Obama
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by WaterGod
They're called Occupy Pedophilia. Obviously inspired by Occupy Wallstreet.

Yeah, Occupy basically did the same thing so I see your point
I have no idea what any of you find humorous in that.
Russia is a failed nation run by thugs.

Meanwhile back in America - http://minnelol.com/centennial-high-school-student-receives-death-threat-for-being-gay
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Lenin-era Russia apparently had fully recognized gay rights. I guess Stalin fxcked stuff up, and no ones tried to bring it back to what appears to be the "good old days".

True communism can be a wonderful thing, unfortunately it's overshadowed by the false communism we've seen in recent history.

Apologies for the rant haha. Gay rights ftw
Quote by soundgarden1986
Screw your bases. If she doesn't let me go elbow deep in her ass on the first date, it wasn't meant to be.

Quote by willT08
Every thread on here to do with audio quality is like walking into a paddock of shit slinging chimps
Quote by seanlang01

Glasnost would probably be the closest thing they had.
Q: Favourite Pink Floyd song?
A: The one where they get wicked high and play Emin and A for an hour.
that's horrible

people should not be persecuted for stuff, it could lead to homicide in the worst case.
I wonder if the police would do much about a homicide if it was a gay victim considering the police's tolerant attitude to the abuse. Crazy
Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by BledGhostWhite
Lenin-era Russia apparently had fully recognized gay rights. I guess Stalin fxcked stuff up, and no ones tried to bring it back to what appears to be the "good old days".

True communism can be a wonderful thing, unfortunately it's overshadowed by the false communism we've seen in recent history.

Apologies for the rant haha. Gay rights ftw

Absolutely. Was a glorious moment in the history of lgbt rights.
Unless of course they owned property.
Or were intellectuals.
Or had pissed off the local commissar.
Or deemed an enemy of the revolution.
Or were related to royalty.

Che Homophobe Guevara ftmfw!!!!!!!!
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
If anything, now is the 'good days' of Russia. At least for some people, but obviously there are some serious issues across the country (corruption, still a lot of poverty, etc.), including this blatant abuse towards LBGT people with little to no consequences.

Quote by Jackal58

This article (along with Steve's comment about homophobia in Britain) further add to my slightly-crude belief that several aspects of modern Russia are similar to what many more stable nations would be like if the very far right along with generally bigoted population made most of the decisions.
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Feb 5, 2014,
Quote by eGraham
That author doesn't have a good writing voice.

2/10

Plus he was ambiguous about whether he would do the killing or leave it up to the reader, ugh
Quote by ErikLensherr

Page 1 of 2