You see a lot of acoustic guitars with rosewood back/sides, and the same sorts of guitars often use mahogany. We've got tons of mahogany electric guitars, but I never see any with rosewood, at least on solid body guitars. Is there a particular reason for that?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Sure. One word: cost! A chunk of good rosewood that big (for a solidbody electric guitar) is very expensive. It is also very heavy. The backs and sides of an acoustic guitar are very, very thin. Therefore, cost and weight aren't as much of a concern. Still; it has been done. Fender famously offered a solid rosewood Telecaster a long time ago. Former Beatle George Harrison is probably the guitarist most associated with that one. Others have offered custom-made guitars with solid rosewood bodies. Between the weight and the density of the wood, most people find that those guitars sound too bright. But there are plenty of people who lust after them. And if you've got the cash, you too can have a solid rosewood guitar.

"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
Sure. One word: cost! A chunk of good rosewood that big (for a solidbody electric guitar) is very expensive. It is also very heavy. The backs and sides of an acoustic guitar are very, very thin. Therefore, cost and weight aren't as much of a concern. Still; it has been done. Fender famously offered a solid rosewood Telecaster a long time ago. Former Beatle George Harrison is probably the guitarist most associated with that one. Others have offered custom-made guitars with solid rosewood bodies. Between the weight and the density of the wood, most people find that those guitars sound too bright. But there are plenty of people who lust after them. And if you've got the cash, you too can have a solid rosewood guitar.

You sound suspiciously like an adbot
ayy lmao
I was hoping id never see those rosewood teles again...

thanks for re-igniting my GAS flame for one..
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by chookiecookie
You sound suspiciously like an adbot

I sometimes fear that I am in reality a sleeper adbot. They will activate me when it is time to strike!!!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
if you were shopping for a guitar that looks like that sort of, and you weren't willing to possibly pay the high prices you'd need to for the rosewood, you may look at wenge bodied guitars. it can be used for fretboard and neck wood as well. in fact I think its primary use is neck wood since it's supposed to be very stable. it doesn't need to be finished either. its porous feel is supposed to be pretty smooth and comfortable. I want to say ive briefly touched a wenge-necked bass and it was indeed lovely.

the Polish company Rotor a few years back were making custom and semicustom guitars with a lot of wenge. they kinda slacked on the QC front so I wouldn't trust them, but I thought their stuff looked pretty nice. here's an example.

however if you only care about rosewood, ignore my post and have a lovely day

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

holy hell. not much of a tele fan but that is friggin awesome.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)