http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/did-red-hot-chili-peppers-677178

"In the Name of Science
In regard to the Internet's "no wireless" controversy regarding the Red Hot Chili Peppers' Super Bowl performance as reported on ESPN ...
I enjoyed the show and I've no idea what the real story is nor would I want to suggest or imply anyone wasn't actually performing or that what they were playing wasn't what we actually heard. That said I feel it's important to always look on the positive side of things and to give the benefit of doubt.
So consider that maybe sometime before their actual performance that rather than use a guitar cord or standard wireless, that in the name of science and for all mankind Flea courageously had a newly invented breakthrough in microchip technology installed in his ass that picked up the frequencies of his bass and transmitted them to his amplifier.
Maybe they all had microchips installed in their asses and not only pick up the frequencies of their instruments but get DirecTV and the Internet too! Like Google Glass ... Google Ass! They could be "Scientific Pioneers!" Like Buzz Aldrin and shit! True (pardon the pun) ASS-tro-nots! Or like Super Bowl crash test dummies for bands kinda like those cars that drive themselves!
And besides, if the band wasn't really playing or wireless or whatever and Anthony was really singing they may have set a new world record for the largest karaoke audience ever! Awesome!
So relax and show some pride! This is probably all just Google finding new ways to enrich our lives with the selfless volunteering of the Peppers and the ever-ongoing creative process of true innovation, or perhaps a new lounge bar record of super magnificent proportions and a new pinnacle of human achievement not seen since the sign language guy in South Africa!
God Bless America, the Peppers n' technology ... PN'T!
Ax"

Who knew being a recluse could make you a comedian.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
Wait theres actually people who thinks they wernt really playing? lol

The sound coming from the speakers during the halftime show wasn't live sound from the instruments on stage. Only Anthony's and Bruno Mars' vocals were live.
E-married to ilikepirates

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

How are you so fucking awesome at music?

>¦<
¦
who is axl rose? is he a furry too?

Quote by Peaceful Rocker
Wait theres actually people who thinks they wernt really playing? lol

Well there is that picture of Flea's unplugged bass circulating around everywhere.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Flea has posted that they did infact fake everything but the vocals. This makes me not like them as much as I use to.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Flea has posted that they did infact fake everything but the vocals. This makes me not like them as much as I use to.

It was the Super Bowl. I very highly doubt that was their decision to make. And I doubt they mime their other performances.
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
It wasnt their decision, but it was their decision to "play" there under those requirements. I dont care about a live shot music video during the superbowl, i want to hear some live music and hear something creative. John Frusciante would never have done that
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
It wasnt their decision, but it was their decision to "play" there under those requirements. I dont care about a live shot music video during the superbowl, i want to hear some live music and hear something creative. John Frusciante would never have done that

this guy
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
John Frusciante would never have done that

lol

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

It's really not a big deal. No one doubts that these guys can play their shit live.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

john frusciante wasn't invited to the super bowl
There were still people who thought the Superbowl halftime show is performed live?

I thought everyone knew it's mimed. It's a logistical necessity.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
Quote by Spoony_Bard
It's really not a big deal. No one doubts that these guys can play their shit live.

Then dont have a superbowl halftime concert if the music isnt real. Thats stupid.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Then dont have a superbowl halftime concert if the music isnt real. Thats stupid.

How Can Music Be Real If Our Ears Arent Real

People giving this band shit for agreeing to the NFL's terms are being ridiculous. I doubt that if any of you were offered to play the super bowl half time show, you would decline because they want the show pre-recorded. That's a once in a life time opportunity, and the band even came clean about it and gave their stance on the situation.
Quote by Peaceful Rocker
the whos performance seemed legit last year.

what do you mean last year
Is someone time travelling
BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

I SAY, I SAY, BEWARE THE BANANA ARMY.

They say when they finally attack, all the impostors will peel themselves. In order to tell if you have been assimilated, check for a zipper somewhere near your pelvis.

Quote by chaoticfables
Wait were the drums mimed too?!

They were played, but were not mic'd.

Quote by bloodtrocuted93

>¦<
¦
Quote by captaincrunk
john frusciante wasn't invited to the super bowl

This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

The half-time show isn't meant to be a showcase of music and showmanship like regular concerts are supposed to be. It a fun diversion between the halves.

There is also no way to do it live and have it be decent.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

You're the worst kind of person

Quote by MinterMan22
How Can Music Be Real If Our Ears Arent Real

Quote by rockingamer2
The half-time show isn't meant to be a showcase of music and showmanship like regular concerts are supposed to be. It a fun diversion between the halves.

There is also no way to do it live and have it be decent.

Yep. It would be pretty damn hard to soundcheck every artist and stuff like that before their performances
This is funny. Axl should do the half-time show next year. What could go wrong?

Of course the actual performance would start after the game has ended and he would beat up several camera crews for filming his show, but other than that I don't see why this wouldn't work

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
My opinion on the chili peppers has sunk since their new album, in my perspective on life, I think I'm with you was a terrible album and sounded like reused b sides from by the way or something, it sounded completely produced and had nothing new to offer the table, now they are miming superbowls? Sounds like they are just trying to keep their name out there rather than continue making good music. Music is an art, if you only have so much material to offer thats fine but i cant feel bad for you.

My question is, why fake everything but the one instrument people are actually paying attention to? Hmmmm.... I suspect it was lip synched. Which makes me think the entire performance was staged. Thats false advertisement. Its bullshit, I would rather watch a magic show or something else during half time, not musicians faking a live performance to boost ratings.
Bro, you're a bro, but you say silly things sometimes. Most of the time nowadays honestly.
Damn, Axl Rose seems like he'd fit in the pit quite snug with a post like that.
Dance in the moonlight my old friend twilight

Quote by metal4eva_22
What's this about ****ing corpses? My UG senses were tingling.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Then don't listen to music on ur computer which in fact is not real, but a 1 and 0 interpretation of sound!

Also have You ever gotten into a band through a music video?

They mime in videos as well, and if it did emotionally move you or get you into a band, then does it really matter?

If anything it's dissappointing at most they didn't play live, because they can actually play, but to disregard them is purely a biased stance, unless you never listen to recordings or watch music video's.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 6, 2014,
Vocals are live, instruments are playback
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
I do actually believe Frusciante wouldn't have done it. Like really.

I still enjoyed it and I bet they only done it because Bruno personally invited them to play and they didn't want shit on his kind gesture by not going on stage.
Quote by Venice King
Snatch is such a crude term - Use a better one like axe-wound or cave-opening.

Gear:
Ibanez ART300
Roland Cube 20X

I make trip-hop
https://soundcloud.com/chris-thomas-214
^ Check it out
Quote by Chris3235
I do actually believe Frusciante wouldn't have done it. Like really.
Really? Cos he didn't have any trouble miming for the videos, and he also mimed on a bunch of shows back in the early days

Dunno if they mimed on stage after his return to the band, but he seemed way more opposed to the TV performances back in the BSSM days

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think sgtpeppers is just butt hurt over everything that happened in the super bowl because he's a Broncos fan but if not then damn son lighten up.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
John Frusciante would never have done that

true dat

its time for John to go back to the Curtains/Shadows/Will to Death-era of albums though. those albums are way better than anything RHCP ever did.

In fact, I'd prefer if Klinghoffer left to continue with Dot Hacker aswell over playing for RHCP. RHCP hasn't been relevant for like 10 years with new decent material imo.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Last edited by JohnnyGenzale at Feb 6, 2014,
It's good to see Axl be Axl and jrcsgtpeppers be jrcsgtpeppers.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.