I've just been listening to these guys for the first time, really impressed, great songs, great playing, it's classic rock with a modern sort of touch. Fronted by ex-Deep Purple vocalist/bassist Glenn Hughes - this guy has an incredible voice. One of the best bands I've heard in ages.

I'd be interested to hear anyone else's suggestions for any rock and rock/blues bands they've been listening to. Feel free to mention anyone even if you think most people may have heard of them, I would like to listen to some new stuff so just fire them off if you have any please, I'm open to all suggestions. thanks very much.
Nice find! I just watched about half their concert on your recommendation. Here's what I've been listening to:

Back-catalog Hendrix always has some amazing gems. I always seem to find something new and incredible every time I look.

Anyway, check out Black Merda (check out the track - Reality), Frank Marino (& Mahogany Rush), Pond (they're a little newer but you can definitely hear some classic rock vibes), Radio Moscow, Rival Sons, Ty Segall, Thee Oh Sees, Mink Mussel Creek, Dead Meadow.

Some are a little more garage, but hey. That's what I've been listening to. Enjoy!
Quote by mjones1992
Nice find! I just watched about half their concert on your recommendation. Here's what I've been listening to:

Back-catalog Hendrix always has some amazing gems. I always seem to find something new and incredible every time I look.

Anyway, check out Black Merda (check out the track - Reality), Frank Marino (& Mahogany Rush), Pond (they're a little newer but you can definitely hear some classic rock vibes), Radio Moscow, Rival Sons, Ty Segall, Thee Oh Sees, Mink Mussel Creek, Dead Meadow.

Some are a little more garage, but hey. That's what I've been listening to. Enjoy!

Thanks, I'm just about to check out some more of their stuff now, I'm hooked, I love it when you find a new band that really rocks. I'd already heard the name Joe Bonamassa but I wasn't familiar with his playing, I didn't know he was in Black Country Communion when I checked them out, I was just checking out what Glenn Hughes was up to now and read he had started this band so thought I'd check them out, then I discovered that it was not only Glenn but Joe Bonamassa on guitar and Jason Bonham on drums so I was thinking wow that's some line-up. Then I had a listen and I certainly wasn't disappointed, damn that band kicks some butt, I suppose that's not too surprising given the line-up though but that isn't always a guarantee of success, sometimes you can get a stellar line-up but they never quite gel as a band, all good individually but lacking a spark together. So I was proper impressed when I heard them, Glenn Hughes' voice has lost none of it's power and it was my first exposure to Joe so I finally got to put some playing to the name, that guy has it now doubt, I'm going to be listening to a lot more of them.

Many thanks for the suggestions. There's quite a few names there that I haven't heard of so I'm going to go through and try at least a couple of songs from each band just to start me off, I'm sure there's going to be a few that I make a connection with. I'll initially with your suggestion and give Reality by Black Merda a go and then work my way through. It'll be a good night.
Quote by TTP Penguin
If you like BCC then try Joe Bonamassa out - especially his live stuff. The Hoax are another hidden gem, especially the Humdinger album!

Thanks very much, the Hoax are a new one on me as well so i'll definitely check them out.