Hi everyone,
I was going through some of the stuff I had in storage and stumble upon this old guitar of mine. I think it is a custom made guitar but have no clue as to who the maker/luthier was.
As you can see the guitar is neck thru the body construction and the wood is highly figured. I think it is flamed maple and flamed mahogany.
I remember it having EMG active pickups and locking tuners. I have had the guitar for over 20 years easily. Unfortunately, I got it when I was in my early 20's and could not appreciate it in its original state and decided to mod it. The modding was not quite a success and ended up leaving it bare in frustration and store it.
Does anyone have any clues as to who may have built this guitar?

http://s771.photobucket.com/user/hanshomme2/slideshow/

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks to everyone in advance.
Looks like there's a date & signature in the pickup cavity, but I can't really read it.

HM-M-U #001 nov 77?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Feb 6, 2014,
Do you remember where you were living when you got it? From what store?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Thanks for replying dannyalcatraz, I bought it from a friend here in los angeles back in 1990-91.
OOF...that's a long time ago in a big city full of luthiers...

Inlays and style remind me of an Alembic, but the headstock isn't quite right and it is missing the Alembic symbol on the headstock.
This might sound odd but try posting an add on Craigslist in the LA area in the instruments for sale section. I would bet someone would let you know fairly quickly.

I posted a similar thing and had a dozen replys in the first hour