Hi!

I'm looking for an mp3/mp4 player.

I want it to have albums and artists seperated. So no shuffle mode. And I need it to play WMA files. Also it needs to have a display (touch not necessary).

I'm looking for the cheapest mp3/mp4 player out there.
Do people use mp3/4 players anymore? Everyone I know just use their phones.
Buy a time machine and go back to 2003.....or just use your phone
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Quote by JackalUK

I use an iPod classic. It's not cheap but I've been using it for 3 years and I love it. For me, Apple has one thing down - their music players.
Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
Quote by JackalUK

People who go running often use it, because you can clip it and does not weigh much.

Also if you do an extreme sport you dont have to be afraid to break it.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by JackalUK

I'm fed up of hearing this. Yes they do, if someone's serious about listening to music, and listens to a lot of it, they'd rather a good mp3 player than waste all the battery on their phone and then end up without a phone. And it makes it easier to listen to music on do something on your phone at the same time.

OP: I'd ordinarily suggest Sony or Cowon, simply because sound quality, but you mentioned looking for cheap, so I'll say go for the Sansa Clip.

Good quality, excellent price to quality ratio, and it supports external sd cards.
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by chaoticfables
I use an iPod classic. It's not cheap but I've been using it for 3 years and I love it. For me, Apple has one thing down - their music players.

Yes and no.

Lack of many music formats, and I don't want to jump the FLAC bandwagon, but Ive had problems with normal formats but higher bitrates (hi def. DAW exports).

I also dislike the fact that you can't drag/drop files. I have music on many external HD's but it all needs to fill up on my storage on computer for it to be on my ipod

Not space issue, but I gpt a system of external Hd's and old internal HD's tagged within groups of a few years back to when I was 11.

If anything what apple has down is it's operating system, and the ipad retina, which for it's specs (both by numbers and realistic performance) did not match up to it's price if you take the "apple standard". Should have cost about 800 bucks not 500.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 6, 2014,
The reason why I want an mp3 player is that I spent €310 on a ****ing phone with a music player that doesn't work properly.

Other OS, other SD card nothing works.
Quote by Krieger91

OP: I'd ordinarily suggest Sony or Cowon, simply because sound quality, but you mentioned looking for cheap, so I'll say go for the Sansa Clip.

Good quality, excellent price to quality ratio, and it supports external sd cards.

So the audio quality is good and it supports external sd cards? That sound very tempting.
Quote by liampje
So the audio quality is good and it supports external sd cards? That sound very tempting.

My girlfriend actually has that one, pretty nice she seems happy with it.

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Quote by xxdarrenxx
Yes and no.

Lack of many music formats, and I don't want to jump the FLAC bandwagon, but Ive had problems with normal formats but higher bitrates (hi def. DAW exports).

This irks me for some reason
Quote by liampje
The reason why I want an mp3 player is that I spent €310 on a ****ing phone with a music player that doesn't work properly.

Other OS, other SD card nothing works.

That seems a tad weird.

What phone is it? If it's Android, there are plenty of music players on the play store. My favourite is n7. You can try that or poweramp.

Quote by liampje

This is the one They're not expensive at all..
Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise
Quote by Krieger91
That seems a tad weird.

What phone is it? If it's Android, there are plenty of music players on the play store. My favourite is n7. You can try that or poweramp.

This is the one They're not expensive at all..

Galaxy s3, no players worked.
Then there's something wrong with the phone itself. What exactly is happening?
I find that playing music doesnt drain my phone's battery, I can listen to music for a few solid hours and still go two days without charging it most phones now are pretty good at playing music, I personally dont see the point of having two devices on me, i used to when i had my old nokia and mp4. But now it seems a bit pointless, and my mp4 broke after 4 years so....

Quote by ChucklesMginty
Where can I get a smart phone with 80gb storage?

anything that can read sd cards, micro sd cards are pretty cheap now, i got a 32gb one for like £12 i think, maybe less
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Feb 6, 2014,
Quote by willT08
This irks me for some reason

It's when I haven't properly mixed something, the final export is different from what I hear then when I play it back in my DAW. Definitely some loss in highs and lows. The audible "presence" seems to be different.

Especially guitars through vst get changed, maybe it has to do something with the plugins, really haven't gone all scientific on it or w/e.

It is not that noticeable really, but it's more apparent when it's your own recording and that irks me.

Actually to be honest, it's different at lowest of settings, and haven't really cared about trying out every combination of bit depth and interpolation, and so just went **** it and do max setting mixdown .

(most intelligent)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
Last edited by xxdarrenxx at Feb 6, 2014,
Quote by JackalUK
Do people use mp3/4 players anymore?

Quote by liampje
Galaxy s3, no players worked.

wot. You just don't know how to use your phone. Mine worked perfectly when i had it.
Sail upon the open skies
I use a Sony NWZE. iPhone socket was shitty and broke. Can't afford to keep replacing it and **** spending £700 on a new model
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Bladez22
anything that can read sd cards, micro sd cards are pretty cheap now, i got a 32gb one for like £12 i think, maybe less

>Where can I get an 80GB phone
>Use a 32GB SD card

lolwutpear.jpg
Quote by archangels
>Use a 32GB SD card

lolwutpear.jpg

I think he means having multiple sd cards. Like that wouldn't be annoying in the slightest..
Quote by Krieger91
Then there's something wrong with the phone itself. What exactly is happening?

The music pops occassionally... it is not that big of a problem as they occur much less since I downgraded from android 4.3 to 4.1.2, better battery life too. That makes me suspect it is not a software problem. The guy at the samsung service center didn't even listen to me and factory reset my phone. ''If it is a software bug than it shouldn't re-occur.'', which is bullshit in my opinion.

Nothing I have tried on the phone worked. I also don't feel like giving my phone to a samsung service point. As they scored 30.32 out of 200 according to this site:

http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Samsung

Just looking at this makes me feel I spent money on a piece of shit and not even the own manufacturer caring that it doesn't work properly.

So, yeah. If you wanted to help out with the phone problem I would really appreciate it.
Quote by archangels
>Use a 32GB SD card

lolwutpear.jpg

no, i mean most, if not all phones can read and use sd cards. sd cards come in different sizes, 8gb,16gb etc. If you want 86gb then buy an 86 gb sd card. I have a 32 gb sd card in my phone because it was cheaper than the bigger ones

I was saying that mine is 32gb

these things
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Last edited by Bladez22 at Feb 6, 2014,
i'm going to suggest a 160GB Ipod classic, even though it can't play .wav's. i've had mine for years (bought it at a pawn shop too, lol). there's enough space to last you awhile and it doesn't have all those other distracting bells and whistles.
Quote by Dregen
i'm going to suggest a 160GB Ipod classic, even though it can't play .wav's. i've had mine for years (bought it at a pawn shop too, lol). there's enough space to last you awhile and it doesn't have all those other distracting bells and whistles.

Well, I don't think my music collection will ever go over 70 gb. I buy like 2-3 cd's a month on average. I think the sensa clip+ and the iPhone will die before I max out capacity (sensa clip+ with 32/64 gb card)
Quote by liampje
The music pops occassionally... it is not that big of a problem as they occur much less since I downgraded from android 4.3 to 4.1.2, better battery life too. That makes me suspect it is not a software problem. The guy at the samsung service center didn't even listen to me and factory reset my phone. ''If it is a software bug than it shouldn't re-occur.'', which is bullshit in my opinion.

Nothing I have tried on the phone worked. I also don't feel like giving my phone to a samsung service point. As they scored 30.32 out of 200 according to this site:

http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Samsung

Just looking at this makes me feel I spent money on a piece of shit and not even the own manufacturer caring that it doesn't work properly.

So, yeah. If you wanted to help out with the phone problem I would really appreciate it.

What do you mean by pops?
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
What do you mean by pops?
Silence for a fraction of a second. They tend to happen in groups of pops.
Quote by liampje
Silence for a fraction of a second. They tend to happen in groups of pops.

Maybe the source of the problem is your music files? How do you get your music?
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by angusfan16
Maybe the source of the problem is your music files? How do you get your music?

Ripped from a cd. and then written on a good working micro sd card (My old phone had no problems playing music).

And the pops do not happen at a certain time in a certain song. They happen at random.
Quote by Dregen

Pretty sure the 160GB Classic does play .wav files. Current one does, anyhoos.
Quote by xxdarrenxx
It's when I haven't properly mixed something, the final export is different from what I hear then when I play it back in my DAW.

Yeah I used to get this back in the day, and since I had no clue what I was doing I never noticed when I fixed it

It's just the words "DAW export" that sound wrong to me, I dunno why lol
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Pretty sure the 160GB Classic does play .wav files. Current one does, anyhoos.

idk, mine doesn't. like i said though, got it from a pawn shop and it does do a few wacky things.
Most android phones only support SD's up to 32G poeple.
Vintage V-100, EMG 81&60
Chapman ML-1

Jet City JCA20H