I bought a Schecter CSH-1 Semi Hollow body on ebay. I got it for 400. I bought it so I would have a back up for gigs, but really because I wanted to experiment with modifications to try and learn about the tech and start working towards really crafting my own sound. I have a second amp for the same purpose and some old effects. Basically it is my "Mod" rig.

Neck and body of guitar are in perfect shape. Mahogony neck through and hollow wings which is exactly what I wanted. But I want to replace ALL the electronics.

So my questions:

Pick up recommendations for bluesy, thick, creamy tone?

The guitar currently has 2 volumes and 2 tones and a three way pick up switch. In addition to knobs, switches and wires, what do I need? Volume Pots? Some system for the tone knobs or is that all part of the pick up system?

In short, what do I need beside new pick ups and knobs?
2 audio taper pots and 2 linear taper pots
2 .022uf caps
1 3 way toggle
1 input jack
some wire.

Make sure before you remove the old pots and switch, you tie string on to the shafts so you can pull the new pots through (otherwise you will hate yourself) and wire everything op before you go to install it. look up some youtube videos on it.

For pickups Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates bridge and '59 for the neck

If you want to save some money, GFS has some good pickups and a set is the price of 1 Duncan or Dimarzio

You may not need to change the electronics, unless you want coil tapping. If it has full sized pots I'd leave them alone unless they are scratchy or for coil tapping
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Wow, thanks so much. Very helpful.

I did not understand the last part though.

"You may not need to change the electronics, unless you want coil tapping. If it has full sized pots I'd leave them alone unless they are scratchy or for coil tapping"

Which electronics do you mean? Are you saying I might only have to replace the pick ups? One of the volume knobs doesn't work at all. They all feel super loose too. Could just be a mechanical problem I guess. Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated.
Yeah You will probably only need to replace the pickups if the guitar works fine. If you are having issues with the pots, I would replace them all. If you want coil tapping of your pickups you will need a push/pull pot so you don't have to modify the appearance of the guitar.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Thanks man. I really appreciate your responses. Been doing some reading, and I am pretty sure I am going with your recommendations on the pick ups.

Gonna have a repair guy see what is wrong with that one volume knob, and if it is not some simple fix, replace them all.

THANK YOU!!!
If your going to replace the pots, get Bourns or CTS and for humbuckers 500k pots are the standard
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Will do. And thanks again. Last question. The pickups are saying they have the option of a four way conductor. What does that mean?
Quote by Playsabadguitar
Will do. And thanks again. Last question. The pickups are saying they have the option of a four way conductor. What does that mean?

4 way conductor can be coil taped to get more of a single coil type sound. The others can not. Get 4 conductor they are the same price and you always have the option of coil tapping them if you ever want to.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
You want to experiment with electronics and you got a semi hollow? You're going to have a really bad time, just saying. Semi hollows are an absolute bitch (sometimes nearly impossible) to get into and work on.

Other than that everything Robbgnarly has said is right on (though I have always used .047 caps for humbuckers).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Feb 6, 2014,
Quote by Offworld92
You want to experiment with electronics and you got a semi hollow? You're going to have a really bad time, just saying. Semi hollows are an absolute bitch (sometimes nearly impossible) to get into and work on.

+1. Before you start messing with a semihollow you should try doing this on something cheap and easy like a Squier Affinity Strat.
Quote by jpnyc
+1. Before you start messing with a semihollow you should try doing this on something cheap and easy like a Squier Affinity Strat.

I guess I was unclear. I'm just looking to customize it, by picking and choosing the parts myself. I don't plan on installing them myself. I'll have a professional do the installing.
Also, even though I plan on having a professional do the work, I am concerned it might be a difficult guitar to work with even for a professional. You said "sometimes impossible to work on." There is a local guy who does guitar work who is really good. I will show him the guitar and run my plans by him before I proceed. Thanks for the heads up.
Quote by Playsabadguitar
I guess I was unclear. I'm just looking to customize it, by picking and choosing the parts myself. I don't plan on installing them myself. I'll have a professional do the installing.

Oh I see, yeah that was a bit unclear to me.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Any decent tech should be able to do it, but be prepared to pay the "pain in the ass" premium for a complete rewire on a semi-hollow.