G'day ladies and gents!

My recently acquired KV-3 (mij) has an after-market LoPro (Vai sig) tremolo unit. The guy that sold me the guitar said he had it setup by a pro, frets surely seem shiny.

However I am not sure about the setup of the trem. Reading up on it, the LoPro needs to have the knife-edge perpendicular to the trem posts...which is hard as f@ck to judge because the knife-edge is barely visible from an angle. Right now it could be around 20 degrees off. How do I estimate the correct placement?

The LoPro also seems to have limited pull-up range (about one whole step), in comparison to a normal floyd. Could that be because of the current setup or the tremolo unit? When I pull down the tremolo to the position that seems to be correct (edge perpendicular to the posts), the pitch drops about 3 semitones.

Moreover, the locking nut is the wrong one (about 1mm longer than the neck). I can't seem to find which one is the correct one (42mm maybe? which model is that? )

Thanks!
Yes, I've read his tutorial, next to some other ones.

How about the nut? Do we know the width of the neck on Jackson KVs?
There is a line/notch on the side of the base plate. You want that to be flat level/parallel with the body. You don't have to look at the actual knife edge to set it level.

you can see the notch clearly here,
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Feb 6, 2014,