Hey, I was looking at effects, and noticed the danelectro fab pedals are really cheap, but Iwanted to know if they were really any good.
I think a lot of them are pretty good. I have the Fish & Chips and am very happy with it.

That said, the low cost is glaringly apparent in the housing. These things will not last if you're energetic in your playing or take them out a lot.

TL;DR: Insides good, outsides bad.

I know some people rehouse their Danos, but that's probably only really for the TOD V1. At that point you're already looking at at least EHX prices (which generally aren't much more and are worth the cost, btw).
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I've owned a lot of the FAB pedals. Some of them are okay. The red distortion and silver overdrive don't sound very good. The chorus and flanger are probably the best sounding of the bunch but they don't have much range in terms of settings.

That said, the pedals are only 20 bucks, but if you're looking for a cheaper overdrive pedal I would recommend spending a little bit of extra cash on something like a Digitech Bad Monkey or a Boss Super Overdrive. Those 2 pedals sound pretty damn good considering their lower price point. They're also pedals you might still appreciate when you get more experienced as a guitar player compared to the FAB ones.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
The fab flanger is actually good I have had mine for almost 3 years now. I annother fab pedal break on me but that was due to battery leakage.
Quote by joshua garcia
I was incredibly drunk and only really remember writing a fanfic where ESP was getting porked by a pony.

Quote by guitar0player
I'd honestly fap to anything with a set of genitals as long as I find it aesthetically appealing.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I've owned a lot of the FAB pedals. Some of them are okay. The red distortion and silver overdrive don't sound very good. The chorus and flanger are probably the best sounding of the bunch but they don't have much range in terms of settings.

That said, the pedals are only 20 bucks, but if you're looking for a cheaper overdrive pedal I would recommend spending a little bit of extra cash on something like a Digitech Bad Monkey or a Boss Super Overdrive. Those 2 pedals sound pretty damn good considering their lower price point. They're also pedals you might still appreciate when you get more experienced as a guitar player compared to the FAB ones.

Just a general rule of thumb OP, any sort of gain/drive pedals (overdrives, distortions, whatever) sound terrible if they're really cheap. ODs start getting decent around $50, Distortions start getting good around $120-150.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Most of the Dano FAB pedals sound pretty good but the internals look like that mousetrap game. For just experimenting with different effects at home for the first time they are a fairly good choice really.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
How many threads about pedals are you going to start before you listen to the advice that's being given in them all?

You're still a learner, focus on learning. You don't need pedals for that.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Quote by GaryBillington
How many threads about pedals are you going to start before you listen to the advice that's being given in them all?

You're still a learner, focus on learning. You don't need pedals for that.

+3,1415

I don't know if he's a spammer or just a really annoying user. No wonder most of his threads end up being closed.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Please quit making threads - You've posted 12 on very similar subjects within the past two days.

If you're interested in pedals and have a wide variety of questions, we have a dedicated "Pedalboard Thread" where the users would be happy to answer any questions you have.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com