First, I love my used Dillion 650 I just got.
But not really fond of Dillion guitar company. I wrote the company asking if they gave any military discounts, explaining I was a 100% service connected disabled Vietnam Vet. I was shocked when the "owner" of the company himself emailed me back saying he would hook me up with a dealer and to tell them "John Dillion said to give me a great deal". Well, I won't disclose the "dealers" name but they sell on ebay. I contacted them and the price he quoted me for a guitar was MORE than they were selling them for on Ebay!!!!
Then I contacted "John Dillion" via email explaining what had happened. I never got a reply so I figure it's the same it's always been with Vietnam Vets...we're just crap.
I did end up purchasing a used Dillion off Ebay from another seller and love the guitar.
I wasn't asking for any "freebies" but certainly wasn't expecting to be taken instead of discounted.
If indeed there is a John Dillion, he should be ashamed.
Thank you for your service, but I'm not really sure what you were looking for by posting this.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Which Dillion was this, the USA or Canadian one?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I'm a Vietnam Vet and endured a bit of crap coming back from overseas back in the day. But being there was my decision and my responsibility; I've never whined about any of it, and today it plays no role in my life at all.

If you're going to play the "I'm a disabled vet and should get a discount" card, you should be fully prepared for people not to give a flying hoot and to even be offended that you pulled that up. It happens. Maybe the "military discount" is retail plus 20%.

That aside, I have differently-abled friends who never expect anything special -- just the same shake as anyone else and reasonable access.
You’re whining about not getting a discount on an Asian knockoff of an American guitar. Seriously.
Eh...my mother is Queen of the Shoppers. Her motto is, "You don't ask, you don't get." So for almost any major purchase- and even meals in restaurants- she'll ask if they offer discounts for any of the groups she's a member of: veterans, seniors, AAA. Birthday discounts.

And she gets them more often than you might think.

Those organizations often negotiate deals for those discounts. And even when they don't, smart retailers offer them because they know of they give a vet (or other group) a 10% discount, they'll tell their buddies, and they'll make more money as more group members and non-members shop there.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks for the service, but why do you feel you deserve special treatment? My dad is a Viet Nam vet, I am a Navy vet, we did our time and now were out. while I was enlisted yes I would ask if I received a military discount, but to do that 15 yrs after I was discharged would be asinine.

Like I said thanks for serving because there is not many of us who will hold that flag any more, but don't think you deserve something because you did it.

Besides Dillon did not try to screw you, a store did
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 6, 2014,
John was super nice to me. I had a wiring problem done by a bad tech (shame on me) and he was more than kind and sent me schematics to fix my problem. I love my Dillion. I liked it a LOT more than some Gibsons I tried out, and I go it for a STEAL.

Sorry for getting screwed by a store :/ I feel like most people that offer military discounts, at least in my experience with some of my best friends, have been more than willing to comply and have been some of the nicest people I met.
Splawn Street Rod
H&K Tubemeister 5
Line 6 G90 System

Gibson SG Standard
Godin Radiator
Dillion 653 GA/3CT
Seagull Coastline s6
New Music on Spotify
i too am a navy vet. thanks for your service brother but really....i dont even ask for one. there is no point to me. ive been out for 4 years now and i felt ashamed asking for it while i was in. so i didnt. im no different than anyone else so dont treat me like it.

whats cool is that the owner of the company messaged you. at least he was cool enough to talk to ya.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
I have a friend that asks for a military discount.

He works as an engineer for a contractor hired by the government, so he has his ID badge to get on base. He dropped that question far too often when we visited Colorado.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals