I am not sure if this is the right section to put this but I am having trouble entering a particular section of music into guitar pro 6 which I have attached an image of.

It is a triplet but the first not seems to be a quarter note attached to the same stem as an eighth note. Is there a specific terminology for grouping triplets like this?

I am confused how to enter this into guitar pro and also how a first note of an eighth note triplet can be a quarter note.

Any help would be kindly appreciated.
Attachments:
Notation.jpg
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
Um, is that what you wrote or is that a picture of something someone else wrote? Because if you wrote it, then I don't see what the question is.

There should be a 1234 in a box beside the play controls. These let you select the "voice" in which you are inputting notes. Voice 1 should be selected by default, but you can select the other voices to input notes in the same measure as already-inputted notes. If you wrote that piece of music, then you are already aware of that feature. This feature is also why the bass notes are all stem-down in that picture, not stem-up. It's to differentiate the voices.

The note you seem be asking about is a D occurring in voice 1 and 2 at the same time, thus sharing a stem. Does that help?

EDIT: here's a terrible piece of music I made demonstrating the concept with 3 voices.
Attachments:
butt.jpg
"I agree with Matthew about everything" - Everyone
Last edited by MattyBoy 1337 at Feb 7, 2014,
Quote by MattyBoy 1337
Um, is that what you wrote or is that a picture of something someone else wrote? Because if you wrote it, then I don't see what the question is.

There should be a 1234 in a box beside the play controls. These let you select the "voice" in which you are inputting notes. Voice 1 should be selected by default, but you can select the other voices to input notes in the same measure as already-inputted notes. If you wrote that piece of music, then you are already aware of that feature. This feature is also why the bass notes are all stem-down in that picture, not stem-up. It's to differentiate the voices.

The note you seem be asking about is a D occurring in voice 1 and 2 at the same time, thus sharing a stem. Does that help?

EDIT: here's a terrible piece of music I made demonstrating the concept with 3 voices.

No I did not write this piece of music, and this is an image i took from a pdf file, not a guitar pro file.

I understand using different voices on guitar pro, but not how to start an eighth note triplet with a quarter note. It is also not a recurring D, the triplet starts with a D then moves onto an F#.

I will post the image with the tab as this may make what im asking more clear.
Attachments:
rsz_not2.jpg
radiantmoon is the toughest person I know. He inflects a sense of impending doom upon any who look upon his stone-chiseled face. The children run out of fear, while the men run for they know that the stories are true.
The D you are referring to is occurring both in voice 1 and 2 at the same time, as I said. The 2nd voice D does not go F#, it stays a D for a quarter note. In fact it stays D the whole measure.

I think you are falsely identifying that D note as being part of the 8th note triplet group only. It is part of the eighth note triplet group in voice 1 and it's a quarter note in voice 2. They occur SEPARATELY and TOGETHER.
"I agree with Matthew about everything" - Everyone
Quote by MattyBoy 1337
The D you are referring to is occurring both in voice 1 and 2 at the same time, as I said. The 2nd voice D does not go F#, it stays a D for a quarter note. In fact it stays D the whole measure.

I think you are falsely identifying that D note as being part of the 8th note triplet group only. It is part of the eighth note triplet group in voice 1 and it's a quarter note in voice 2. They occur SEPARATELY and TOGETHER.

Ahh, I finally figured out what you were trying to say, I was looking it as one voice, when it is actually the note occurring on two voices on the same beat. Thanks for your help