Hi All,

Have wanted a Martin for a while now and have started saving for what eventually will be a £1000/$1650 budget. Ideally looking for a folk sized instrument so have highlighted the OM1-GT as an early contender.

Looking for some advice from people who know more than i do about the Martin range. Is the OM1-GT my best option for a Folk sized martin in my price range?

Any opinions much appreciated.
You might take a look at the Martin OOO-15 M (mahogany top)... It's in your price range and is getting a lot of nice feedback. Couple of YouTube video reviews up.
Quote by Bikewer
You might take a look at the Martin OOO-15 M (mahogany top)... It's in your price range and is getting a lot of nice feedback. Couple of YouTube video reviews up.

Thanks.

Just had a quick look at it now.

I played a D1-GT when looking for the OM-1GT (They didn't have one) and was impressed with it to be honest for the price (849GBP)

Would be interested to see what difference the full Mahogany build of the OOO-15 (1099GBP) makes to the sound/tone when compared to the Sapele of the D1 and OM.

Anyone played both?
A D sized guitar will usually sound a lot fuller, project farther and just be louder in general. OM and 000 guitars are usually around the same sort of sound.

Sapele and Mahogany are actually very similar sounding woods. Mahogany is starting to get scarce, so companies will often now use Sapele (or "african mahogany") in its place.

A mahogany top guitar, however, usually has some really dark undertones. It's hard to describe, but it's kind of hauntingly beautiful. You really need to hear it yourself to know the difference. Almost impossible to really describe its sound through words.
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
very nice summation Cappy ! i had a D15M that always sounded dull/muted on the lower strings no matter what i did to alleviate it.
i finally fixed it, sold it and ordered me a Taylor 324. hopefully, i'll get those darker undertones when it makes it in next week.
need more gear and a lot more talent(courtesytuxs)
After doing some more research online, i could probably stretch to the 000-16GT at 1079GBP.

Can anyone who has played this guitar give me some info on the sound and build quality compared to the previous two i mentioned?

Cheers.
Hey tomorrow, Where are you goin'
Do you have some room for me?