Basically I need to send someone a massive folder of music, not far off 50gb. Anyone know of the best website or wherever for me to do this? I know dropbox offers a free trial and you can send up to 1000gb, but you have to enter your card details before doing so which I really don't want.

Even if it means splitting it up into 2 or 3 smaller folders, that would be fine, just something that's free and reliable would be great!
Mega might do that. You could set it up in a torrent, which wouldn't take much reading to do. Would be most efficient, I think. Or stream it through somewhere like Soulseek. With a folder that big, you need a middleman to transfer between, really.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by metal4eva_22
Send an external HDD through the mail.

nah mate, he'd have to pay for that, and he wants free.

TS, I don't know how far away your mate is from you, but you might as well start walking now.
Quote by metal4eva_22
Send an external HDD through the mail.

Best idea. That way, if you're into that kind of thing, he can send you the same amount of music back, doubling your iTunes library usually. Me and a buddy used to do this all the time, it costs very very little to post things , usually about £2 if you're in the UK and you get stuff in return when he sends it back to you.

Plus its kind of cool to be patient about stuff in this day and age. Kind of nostalgic, really, remembering when some things weren't right at our fingertips and a bit of excitable waiting was required.

If you're a completely modern person who hates waiting on stuff, and have no interest in spending money whatsoever, feel free to disregard this.
You're from london, you should have quaint freeways. What are the dimensions or your files?
yes I only read the title of the thread
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
I would just torrent it, that way you and your buddy don't each have to upload/download. It's also resumable.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
You can do it with SkyDrive, but you can only have 7GB at a time so you's have to split it into 7 or 8 batches.
Quote by matt bickerton
Basically I need to send someone a massive folder of music, not far off 50gb. Anyone know of the best website or wherever for me to do this? I know dropbox offers a free trial and you can send up to 1000gb, but you have to enter your card details before doing so which I really don't want.

Even if it means splitting it up into 2 or 3 smaller folders, that would be fine, just something that's free and reliable would be great!

Flash drives are really cheep and relatively small. Just slip them into an envelope and send them in the mail.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Quote by lolmnt
PC police strike again

If you have a computer related question, ask here!

Official Mayor of the Computer Thread
Text message (great joke)
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I move 500+GB files several times a day in the printing business. DropBox is definitely an excellent service for this
If you have never checked out the Wood Brothers. Do yourself a favor and look them up. Best. Band. Ever.

send printed photos of the screen by fax
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-Jackson Soloist Std. Professional '93
DiMarzio Evolution (bridge) SD Lil' Screamin Demon (neck)

-B.C. Rich Warlock Special Edition Metal Web

-Peavey Bandit 112
Mega.co.nz would be best in my opinion. 50GB free and the facility to pause and resume uploads.
Quote by Andron17
Go away, I have an erection.

Bassist for Half My Kingdom.
Quote by MetalMullet
Set up an FTP. It's quick, easy AND private.

This is what I would do. Just google "how to set up an FTP".