Page 3 of 7
Great cover, congrats. You sing very well on this one, because I think it's harder to sing a piano ballad than to sing a Heavy Metal piece. Well, again, congrats. I just think...errr...the Edguy ballads aren't that great (except for 'Wash Away The Posion'), their other songs are waaay better. But that's just me. And this is no Edguy thread.

Keep up the good work, with Betrayer as well with just singing.
Originally posted by Freepower
Recently, i speeded up a nile studio drum track (250bpm on double kick, a lot slower on hands) to 330bpm and just thought, "JESUS CHRIST ON A POGO STICK!".
It's pretty cool that your drummer has been in your band almost as long as he has been drumming.
Quote by guitar?

BTW do not say n-i-g-g-e-r. I know some one who said lets go buy some snickers and some black guy punched him in the face.
Descendants of death- the vocals sound like metaalica.....
Admire me
Admire my home
Admire my son
He's my clone

fat people make a band even heavier!!!! LMAO
Great cover, congrats. You sing very well on this one, because I think it's harder to sing a piano ballad than to sing a Heavy Metal piece. Well, again, congrats. I just think...errr...the Edguy ballads aren't that great (except for 'Wash Away The Posion'), their other songs are waaay better. But that's just me. And this is no Edguy thread.

Hey thanks for checking it out & for the compliments! Your very right about it being harder to sing a piano ballad compared to a heavy metal song, well maybe not harder notes to sing, but ones voice does stand out more so you can't hide as much....no drums or distorted guitar to attract the listener away from the vocals. I'd have to agree with you about Edguy ballads, I prefer their heavier stuff too! This is the only one I could think of though that could be recorded without a full band in my vocal lessons.

It's pretty cool that your drummer has been in your band almost as long as he has been drumming.

Yeah, when we first got together we both couldn't really play anything. I remember one of the first songs we tried to jam to (key word "tried") was Enter Sandman. We recorded it on this cheap tapedeck (as we would many of our practices) and he had this really squeaky kick pedal.....it sounded hillarious.
Betrayer will be performing at Playdium Mississauga with The Hellz Kitchen Show on Saturday, September 10th, 2005.

Tickets are $20 which includes $25 worth of interactive games, hundreds of arcades, batting cages, volleyball and entry to the concert. Go-karts and rock climbing are also available for an additional fee.

The show starts at 12:00pm and Betrayer will be taking the stage after 6:00pm.

For ticket purchase information please contact 519-791-5848 or email tickets@betrayer.ca.

Phone: (905) 273-9000

MISSISSAUGA, ONTARIO, CANADA
L5B 4C1
Great job man. I really liked Descendants of Death.
Smithers, use the amnesia ray
You mean the revolver sir?
Precicely, and wipe your own memory when your done.
Hey thanks Biscuits, glad you liked it!

Betrayer will be performing at an ALL AGES show at the Fogolar Furlan Club in Windsor, Ontario on Friday, September 30th, 2005. Doors open at 6:30pm and cover is only $6. Betrayer will be performing with Citizen Youth, Totarus, A Legend Falls and Black Kreek.

Phone: (519) 966-2230

WINDSOR, ONTARIO, CANADA
N8W 1Y3
I like it, you can definately tell you are influenced by maiden though. But nonetheless its pretty damn cool.
Your guys rule. If you come to Indiana, I'll be there.
Quote by paulefty
Dr. No I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!
Betrayer will be headlining at an ALL AGES show presented by No Official Capacity and Wages of Sin Media at Club Trinport in Toronto, Ontario on October 8th, 2005. Betrayer will be performing with Dissident Saint, Beyond Within and another TBA. Tickets are only $7.00.

Phone: (519) 791-5848

TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA
Betrayer will be performing at the ALL AGES 5th Annual Heavy Metal Halloween Havoc on Saturday, October 29th, 2005 at The Sunnyside Tavern in La Salle, Ontario. The show will be hosted by Lost Souls Division and will also include performances from Mister Bones, Bitter Green and the Tyres. The show starts at 8:00pm and tickets are $10. Many prizes will be given away including a best costume contest!

Phone: (519) 734-8371

WINDSOR, ONTARIO, CANADA
N9J 1T8

www.betrayer.ca
I'll have to check you guys out some time, seeing as I live in Windsor.
The Shadowed Force EP by Betrayer is now available for purchase at the following location:

Century Media Records

http://www.cmdistro.com/shop/index.aspx?page=item&iditem=18998

ALSO

The debut album Rusted Icons by Betrayer is now available for purchase at the following location:

Century Media Records

http://www.cmdistro.com/shop/index.aspx?page=item&iditem=20395

www.betrayer.ca
Betrayer will be performing at The Salt Lounge on Tuesday, December 27th, 2005. Doors open at 8:00pm and cover is only $5. Betrayer will be performing with Heaven Ablaze, Will of the Ancients and Excruciating Thoughts.

Phone: (519) 642-7258

LONDON, ONTARIO, CANADA
N6A 1C9

You guys are freaking awesome! I love you guys! Ive only listened mto Descendants of Death, but the style of music appeals to me greatly.
Woah, that was awesome. Metal needs a kick up the arse, and i hope you will give it as hard a kick in the future as SOAD are doing right now!
Prime Manager of Damage Inc. PM me your CV to get employed

Hemani Co. wrote:
Are you Axl Rose? Please go away. No one likes you anymore .

Member Number 10 of Metallica Mensa
Member of the official UG steve vai club
Betrayer will be opening up for The Black Maria (Victory Records) in an ALL AGES show at the Chubby Pickle in Windsor, Ontario on Sunday, January 22nd, 2006. Doors open at 5:00pm and tickets are $12. For Windsor residents this is definitely a show you want to check out. Seven hours of live music at a low price of $12 is a great value, hope to see you all there.

Betrayer will be taking the stage just before The Black Maria's set. Other bands performing that night will be announced soon.

Phone: (519) 254-8515

WINDSOR, ONTARIO, CANADA
N9A 1C2
Betrayer will be performing at the Sunnyside Tavern in La Salle, Ontario on Saturday, February 25th, 2006. Doors open at 9:00pm and cover is only $5. Betrayer will be performing with Lunacy, Final Stage and Nerve.

Click here for Online Directions!

Phone: (519) 734-8371

LA SALLE, ONTARIO, CANADA
N9J 1T8

Betrayer is working with Howard Rosen Promotion Inc from California to promote songs from the 'Shadowed Force' album on over 350 radio stations throughout Canada and the United States.

Howard has over 35 years in the music industry and held top positions at Casablanca Records, Elektra, Warner Bros. and A&M Records. He is responsible for breaking such acts as; Kiss, Donna Summer, Parliament and many others. He has also worked with many other acts which include; The Doors, Van Halen, Rod Stewart, The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Phil Collins and Aerosmith.

Please click http://www.betrayer.ca/html/radio.html to go to our Radio Request Lines page. If you hear Betrayer on a station please send us a quick message by email, message board, guestbook or street team.
"Dude!! Thats some good stuff. If you guys ever come to western Canada we should do a show together."

Hey thanks! I'll check out your MySpace page!

We would like to announce that we have updated our MySpace.com profile to include pictures, biography information and a template similar to our official website.

For those of you who use MySpace.com feel free to add us as a friend, or spread the profile around to your friends.

The URL to our profile is:

http://www.myspace.com/betrayer
Betrayer is pleased to announce that the radio promotion with Howard Rosen has been extended for another 4 weeks due to excellent results.

We would like to announce that 'Shadowed Force' has charted on WSIN in New Haven, Connecticut on their Top 30 Station Chart. The album has also charted on a number of other stations that we should announce soon. In addition to chart positions the album has also been placed into heavy rotation on a number of stations.

If you hear Betrayer on a station please send us a quick message by email, message board, guestbook or street team. For a list of all the stations we are being played on please click here to go to our Radio Request Lines page. If you notice an error with any of the information below please email info@betrayer.ca and let us know.

Howard has over 35 years in the music industry and held top positions at Casablanca Records, Elektra, Warner Bros. and A&M Records. He is responsible for breaking such acts as; Kiss, Donna Summer, Parliament and many others. He has also worked with many other acts which include; The Doors, Van Halen, Rod Stewart, The Rolling Stones, Bon Jovi, Phil Collins and Aerosmith.

In other news we have started using MySpace, our address is http://www.myspace.com/betrayer for those who might be interested.

Last but definitely not least, we will be re-releasing 'Shadowed Force' through Universal Metal which will include retail distribution and promotion in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. Big news on this will be announced within the next couple weeks.
Hey, thanks for the comments!

New Betrayer Server / Web Hosting

-Non profit (Helps to support the traffic on our server)

All prices are in Canadian Currency.

100 MBs of space, 10 GB bandwidth/month and 5 email addresses (unlimited aliases).

$60/per 12 months or $35/per 6 months (20% off if the web site is Betrayer related).

http://www.yourname.com (.com, .net, or .org) $15/year. Email addresses would be whatever@yourname.com.

If you choose to not purchase your own domain, your website address would be http://whatever.betrayerteam.com and your email addresses would be whatever@betrayerteam.com.

CGI, ASP and PHP will not be available on these accounts.

Daily backups to an external server.

Each account will have full web statistics available. This detailed demographic system will allow you to track where your hits are being referred from, which country, which browsers used, etc.

Web panel access will be provided. This will allow you to manage your email addresses yourself.

Technical support will be available. Also, our webmaster is personally willing to answer questions on how to make your site more efficient (within reason). He has over 8 years of professional programming and hosting experience. He is responsible for the maintenance, development and management of web sites ranging from small personal ones to major corporations.

If interested please email info@betrayer.ca
Holy ****. You guys rock. Must...buy....discs....
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Your band rocks. I enjoyed it a lot. If I ever find out that you guys are playing in British Columbia, specifically the Vancouver area, I'll do my best to go.
Thanks for the feedback/compliments!

Betrayer will be performing at the first ever ALL AGES MQMusicfest at Trudeau Park, Ontario on Saturday, July 8th, 2006 courtesy of Metal Queen Management.

MQMusicfest will run July 7th, 8th and 9th. There will be 40+ bands and 2 stages. MQMusicfest is shaping up to be the first of its kind in this country, three days straight of Hard Rock/Metal chaos at Trudeau Park, two hours east of Toronto, two hours west of Montreal, one hour from Ottawa. Maps to the park can be found at Trudeau Park's website www.trudeaupark.com.

The play list includes most of the MQM roster; Betrayer, Shatterpoint, Warmachine, Endorphins, Valkyries Cry, I Hate Sally, Little Sunday, Rehab For Quitters, along with some surprise guests.

Full band details can be found on the festival's website at www.myspace.com/MQMusicfest. MQMs president, Betty Dworatschek, says "the majority of the acts will be homegrown Canadians largely from Ontario and Quebec. That's what this is all about: the Canadian scene, our Canadian talent. We have so much of it."

Along with sponsor Long & McQuade Musical Instruments, the festival will offer its musicians workshops and seminars over the weekend. There will be plenty available at MQMusicfest - three days worth, complete with licensed bar and merchandise tents.

Advance tickets for all 3 dates including camping are available for $25.00. Advance tickets are on sale now through the MQM Store, please visit www.metalqueenmgmt.ca.

Phone: (519) 791-5848

TWEED, ONTARIO, CANADA
K0K 3J0
Betrayer will be performing at Final Stage's CD Release show.

CD Release Show Club O

Sunday, Aug. 13th, 2006:

Door Time: TBA

Set Time: TBA

Other Bands: Totarus, Broken

Sorrow, Betrayer.

671 Ouellette Ave.

Windsor ON

Door Price: $5

Ages: All
Betrayer will be performing at the ALL AGES Glory Through Steel Metalfest with Anvil & Nitemare in Toronto, Ontario on Saturday, August 19th, 2006.

Doors open at 3:00pm and tickets are being sold for $25. Other bands performing include Anvil, Nitemare, Warmachine, Burn to Black, Metalian, Triton, Cauldron, Maniak, Borealis & Crimson Shadows.

Phone: (416) 504-6699

TORONTO, ONTARIO, CANADA
M5V 2B7

The Monster Brawl
The NRC in Windsor Ontario Canada
17 bands for $10
or $9 if you wear a costume...

BETRAYER; windsor heavy metal

BLACK KREEK; windsor metal

CLOSED CASKET FUNERAL; windsor death metal

THE CREEPSHOW; toronto psychobilly

DAYS FADE; windsor hardcore

DRONEFLY; windsor alternative

EVERY BRIDGE BURNED; lima ohio hardcore

FORTHISISTANDALONE; lake orion michigan grindcore

GOODNIGHT, NOISES; essex rock indie etc

THE LAWNDARTS; essex a'cappella death metal/comedy

LOT 9 BRAWL; windsor ska punk

THE MATADORS; london psychobilly

THE OFFBEATS; grand rapids michigan punk/ska

THE PHONETICS; detroit michigan ska

S.T.C.T. (a new band feature ex members of Street Tension) windsor thrash grind punk;

STUCK LUCKY; nashville tennesse ska punk

XEMPT; windsor metal

www.myspace.com/monsterbrawl
email jonnytips4pres@hotmail.com for info

your paranoid cover is good but it is harder to screw up than it is to get right, i would be intrested in you guys covering Iron man or A National Acrobat
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Quote by METSOAD
your paranoid cover is good but it is harder to screw up than it is to get right, i would be intrested in you guys covering Iron man or A National Acrobat

Thanks, yeah it's a pretty easy song. Only reason we recorded that one was because there was supposed to be a Black Sabbath tribute album with local bands (which never came out) and we thought we had to have a track recorded quickly if we wanted to be on it. We already played Paranoid at shows so we thought we might as well do that one.
Betrayer is pleased to announce the upcoming release of a new single on June 10th, 2007.

The new track, entitled 'Headed for Disaster', was co-written between BETRAYER and long-time songwriter, performer, and now operator of the Canadian Conservatory of Music, Pete Palazzolo (ex-TANZEN, SOLDIER, currently with ROSE CITY OVERTURE).

The track was recorded and mixed at SPECTRE SOUND STUDIOS by engineer Glenn Fricker, who has worked previously with such acts as RANDY BLYTHE of LAMB OF GOD, WOODS OF YPRES, BLOODSHOTEYE and BLACK KREEK. Vocals were recorded by Pete Palazzolo.

Mastering was done by MIKA JUSSILA of FINNVOX STUDIOS, who's credits include NIGHTWISH, EDGUY, CHILDREN OF BODOM, STRATOVARIUS, MOONSPELL, and SENTENCED.

BETRAYER is excited with the new tones and sounds achieved on this new recording. The hard work of FRICKER and JUSSILA allowed BETRAYER to experiment with recording, mixing, and mastering to achieve a new sound as they continue to write and rehearse for their next full-length album.

The new track will be available during an online listening party on June 10th, 2007 at 5:00pm EST and will be able to be accessed by visiting the chatroom at the following address:

http://www.betrayer.ca/html/chatroom.html