Hello everyone. I have a Gear4Music electric guitar and there is just one major problem. The guitar kept distuning itself after I tune it and strum a few chords. Can anyone please suggest a solution? I was also considering changing the tuning pegs or the bridge if not both. (It came with a Floyd Rose Bridge. Which I still use)
Thank you
Do you still have the factory strings on? Have you had anyone set up the guitar before?
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
If a guitar with a Floyd is detuning then you’re doing something wrong. Find someone who can teach you how to use a Floyd correctly.
Quote by jpnyc
If a guitar with a Floyd is detuning then you’re doing something wrong. Find someone who can teach you how to use a Floyd correctly.

That's not correct or helpful.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by iflow1
Hello everyone. I have a Gear4Music electric guitar and there is just one major problem. The guitar kept distuning itself after I tune it and strum a few chords. Can anyone please suggest a solution? I was also considering changing the tuning pegs or the bridge if not both. (It came with a Floyd Rose Bridge. Which I still use)
Thank you

It's probably neither the bridge nor the tuning pegs that are at fault.
You likely don't have the guitar set up correctly.

Do you have a locking nut on the guitar? Is it properly locked down? If you do, and if it is, the tuning pegs have been completely taken out of the equation.

If you have the Floyd properly strung and locked down, it's very difficult for the guitar to go out of tune (though that would be what the microtuners are for at the bridge end of things. If all of this is confusing to you, then you might want to bone up on the proper operation of a Floyd Rose bridge.
Quote by JustRooster
Do you still have the factory strings on?

And if strings are factory or new, have they been stretched?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=328773
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Pearl & Ebony • Les Paul PlusTop Pro Honeyburst • AJ220VS • Squier Standard Stratocaster CAR
Marshall Class 5 Combo • Digitech HT-2 • Vox V847 • MXR M68 Uni-Vibe • Soul Food • BOSS SD-1 • Digitech RV-7
Hey there!!Iflow.. was wondering what type of guitar it is.. more importantly... what kind of nut is on it. If it is a Gibson with a Bone nut then I would just say clean the nut slots well with some kind of high grit sand paper. not too much.. you don't want to wear away too much material .. buzzing will ensue. If its a strat with a normal trem system.. esp a mexican or japanese guitar that has a sub standard bridge and block. The new retro fit ones made by Callaham and other fine retrofitters work quite well.. Also here's a nut tip.. FLOSS the nut slots with coated floss. this will clean them and give the nut a waxy coating to facilitate smooth movement. also take a pencil and color in the slots. this will give added lubrication.
The stock bridge and block on a mexican strat is TERRIBLE... i put a callaham in mine and the tuning issues are way better. a bone nut is essential also. the stock plastic one is also terrible.