I bought a Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+ about 3 months ago. I played with it a handful of times powering a tuner, a distortion and a chorus pedal - all 9V using ports 1, 2 and 3, respectively.

I have contacted the company and sent in my pedal which they said they would fix for free. I'm just not so keen on not using my pedals for the next four weeks. I'm not even sure what I did in the first place to cause this.

I plugged it in this last time, it wasn't working, and there was a faint burning plastic smell coming from it.

Anyone have a similar experience? From what I gather they make solid products, which is why I bought it in the first place. Maybe I just got a bad one?
Did you plug your amp into the courtesy plug on the back?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Did you plug your amp into the courtesy plug on the back?

Yea, and the neighbors generator, and the large hadron collider.

No I didn't.

None of those pedals are even remotely close to the capacity of even those lower-current outlets. Sounds like you just got a bad unit. Hope they get you a new one soon. Doubt it did any damage to the pedals.
Quote by dogismycopilot
Yea, and the neighbors generator, and the large hadron collider.

No I didn't.

You'd be surprised what people do. So did your PP2+ aid in finding the Higgs-Boson particle?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
You'd be surprised what people do. So did your PP2+ aid in finding the Higgs-Boson particle?

Oh yea I know! I'm totally kidding with you.

Alas, it broke before my further discovery. Thank goodness the guys at CERN found it first!
****ing Swiss....

Well, good luck with the PP2+. You can always abuse the Guitar Center 30 day return policy if you really want to power up your pedals in the time being. Or just buy a daisy chain. Keep the daisy chain as a back up, too. You've only got 3 pedals (so far....muhahahahaha).
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
My ISO-5 died recently too. I had it for like 6 months. It gets quite hot with all 5 outlets used. I think it just somehow burned.
I have my PP2+ and run 8 pedals off of it and also have a BBE Supa Charger power supply plugged in (and powering another 7 pedals itself) to the courtesy outlet of the PP2+. You guys may just have gotten lemons. Are they both recent purchases? There might be a recall in your future.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
I think we're going to see this more and more with high-draw digital pedals becoming more and more popular, and boards trending towards more digital modulation in general. The PP2+ and similar units were designed to take a whole boatload of analog distortion, compressors, wahs, flangers, etc, and a handful of digital reverbs and delays. They had plenty of isolated outputs, but the current rating for each output did not need to be terribly high. Now, it's not at all uncommon to have 3 or more digital delays and reverbs, and then a Line 6 modeler, and all the analog pedals besides. Obviously that's not what the issue was in this case, but I bet we'll see these power supplies getting beefed up over the next few years so you can run your M13, DD20, Timefactor, 3 overdrives, tuner, compressor, and Whammy off one unit.
Now that you mention it Colin, that makes a lot of sense. Something to consider down the line. Hell, maybe you just found a niche market. Get to designing!
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
You mean you're not all just running your boards off of a Tripp-Lite IS1800?

I think the Voodoo labs pedal power digital is a step in the right direction. It seems like they want you to have one of those and one PP2+ to run your whole board, though, which gets expensive in a hurry. The CAE MC403 is probably the type of bruiser we'll see in the future, but it's a bit too expensive to be mainstream just yet. It does surprise me that it's not more popular, though, a lot of the seriously deranged among us are using two PP2+ units for their bigger boards, which is where the CAE should come into play.

So, I think these units already exist to some degree but they're a tough sell due to price. It's hard enough to spend $160 on a PP2+ since power supply is very non-glamorous. Dropping 250 on an MC403 is just not in the cards for most people. If these companies can find a way to get you something like the 403 for under 200 I think we'll see a lot more solutions for a multi-fx and pedalboard type setup in the future. For now, it's not worth dropping another $100 just so you can run your Line 6 emulator off the same supply as the rest of your board.
Quote by Roc8995
You mean you're not all just running your boards off of a Tripp-Lite IS1800?

I think the Voodoo labs pedal power digital is a step in the right direction. It seems like they want you to have one of those and one PP2+ to run your whole board, though, which gets expensive in a hurry. The CAE MC403 is probably the type of bruiser we'll see in the future, but it's a bit too expensive to be mainstream just yet. It does surprise me that it's not more popular, though, a lot of the seriously deranged among us are using two PP2+ units for their bigger boards, which is where the CAE should come into play.

Between $538.80 and $675.00? Shit...buy it, rehouse it and sell it to TGP.

I should probably buy a CAE at some point down the line. I'm one of the deranged that you speak of.

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
In my experience the pedal power 2+ is just about the right amount of power I need for one pedal board. Any more pedals and the board itself becomes too big and and too heavy.

If I need enough pedals at one time for two pedal powers, I'll use two boards. I have done this before, but lately I've been trying to downsize a bit for the sake of efficiency.
The 4X4 (which I use) does a good job, in my opinion, if you only need 9V or 12V. It's pretty compact as well.