Hello,
I saw a harley benton 4x12 with celestion v30s for 250€ and a marshall 4x12 with the same celestion v30s for 700€.
Where is the difference?
Thanks
There's multiple factors in the price. Quality and cost of the wood and materials used, the craftsmanship and labor costs, and of course, the Marshall logo.

I don't have any experience with Benton cabs (I'm in the US, seems they're more prevalent overseas), but I've heard nothing good about them. If you're looking to buy, the HB is a no brainer.
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
Quote by Jayerrr
i need a pretty low priced 2x12 cab for metal... what do you advice?

Harley Benton has a 2x12 vintage 30 cab.
The marshall should have a bit better quality wood, but the price difference is mostly because of the marshall logo on the front.

Either a Harley Benton G212 vintage or a Zilla/Avatar custom cab depending if you're in the UK/EU or in the states.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The build and material quality on the Harley Benton cab's are no where near as good as most of the more expensive cabs. You get what you pay for. However, it depends what you need it for. If it's just for practice and the odd gig, then the Harley Benton vintage cabs will do just fine. The way it's made and the materials used will affect tone, it's just debatable how much.

Plus, the Marshal logo probably adds 200 more euros onto the actual worth of the cab.
Main Rig
ESP LTD MH-350NT
Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey
Peavey 6505+ 112 w/ 2x12 (Celestion Vintage 30 and WGS Veteran 30)
[Effects Loop] Boss GE-7 > Boss CE-5 > TC Electronic Flashback
Quote by Jayerrr
Hello,
I saw a harley benton 4x12 with celestion v30s for 250€ and a marshall 4x12 with the same celestion v30s for 700€.
Where is the difference?
Thanks

Seems pretty expensive considering the HB 212 vintage cab costs €189 brand new from thomann

They want €60 more than it is worth
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
^ he was taking about a 4x12 there :P

Plus, it's €189 only if you're on the UK version 'cause UK's vat's lower than most of the other european countries'.
For most of us it's €199/198.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Feb 7, 2014,
Quote by Spambot_2
^ he was taking about a 4x12 there :P

I missed that
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Oh and about that MIM bridge you told me about, it's here and it's working, thank ya very much!

Wasn't sure if making a NGD thread but I figured it'd be a bit of an exaggeration for a bridge, even though it's so shiny :P
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
Quote by Cajundaddy
Quote by chrismendiola
Quote by Spambot_2
Oh and about that MIM bridge you told me about, it's here and it's working, thank ya very much!

Wasn't sure if making a NGD thread but I figured it'd be a bit of an exaggeration for a bridge, even though it's so shiny :P

Glad it is working for you
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
If you want a cab for metal, stay away from anything marshall related.
Quote by Reages

Why, Marshall makes some nice cabs. Yes over-priced when new, but they sound good and are cheap used. The MF280/400 cabs are excellent and designed for metal
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Reages

I do metal with a Jcm 900 Slx and I couldn't be happier. Can't understand why did you say that.
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
what would be a mid range 2x12 cab for metal that is pretty common. Commonly used cabs are obviously easier to find and for a lower price
Quote by Robbgnarly
Why, Marshall makes some nice cabs. Yes over-priced when new, but they sound good and are cheap used. The MF280/400 cabs are excellent and designed for metal

Any modern cab that was created with metal in mind sounds better. I tried marshall cabs live and in the studio, they are just fuzz boxes, no tightness and cleanness.

Adrian89: thats an amp not a cab. And then i don't believe it could get a modern metal tone?
Last edited by Reages at Feb 7, 2014,
Quote by Reages
Any modern cab that was created with metal in mind sounds better. I tried marshall cabs live and in the studio, they are just fuzz boxes, no tightness and cleanness.

Adrian89: thats an amp not a cab. And then i don't believe it could get a modern metal tone?

You obviously haven't played through many Marshall cabs.
What amp's have you used through them?
What were the speakers in the cabs? that makes all the difference.
If it had G12m25 no that is not a modern sounding cab, if it had V30 or K85/100's it does just fine for metal. The stock G12t75's do just fine for metal also.

The MF280 is one of my favorite cabs to use and it handle's modern metal just fine
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Look at the Harley Benton g212 Vintage cab great deal in Europe
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe