Hey UG, I have this really crappy Sennheiser HD201. I find they're crappy because they can't handle any bass. They're good when it comes to clarity but have no "punch" and distort really easily. Before i owned the HD202 which are the best headphones I've ever bought because they handle the perfect amount of bass and really did a good job of sound isolation. My HD202s broke again though from the wire, so I would like to replace the drivers from my broken 202 and put them in the 201 casing so i have a good pair of headphones again. My only fear is that when I was fixing my 202s for the first time with my friend, they had a green part to the wire so I'm afraid that when i take the 201s apart, the wire might not have the green part and I'd have taken them apart for nothing and screw something up. How should I go about this? Is this possible? Should I even bother (yes I'm willing to take time on it) ?
Just by some Dr Dre Beats instead. They have all the bass you need and more.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
give it a shot?

worst that's gonna happen is a crappy set of headphones isn't going to work anymore right?
oh darn
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
What ever you do don't waste you money on Dr Dre Beats... They are made by Monster so go buy some Monster headphones with out the Dr. Dre tax...
Gear:

Jackson DK2 Trans Blue

Started playing May 2010...
I'm not buying any headphones guys (especially not over-priced ones)... I'm fixing and making use of what i have. Does anyone know what they're doing and can pass their knowledge on to me? I also have Sony neck-resting ones if i need more components.
Last edited by Norgz94 at Feb 7, 2014,
Quote by metal4eva_22
What you need is a new pair of headphones.

No, what he needs is a new amp.
Quote by ttweedle
What ever you do don't waste you money on Dr Dre Beats... They are made by Monster so go buy some Monster headphones with out the Dr. Dre tax...

They're not made by Monster anymore.

But yeah, Beats suck ass. You can get better sounding headphones for 1/3 of their asking price. Or just get another pair of 202's. They're on Amazon for $25. Problem solved and without trying to mod crappy headphones.

If you want to get headphones to mod, buy a pair of Grado SR60i's.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Feb 7, 2014,
Quote by Norgz94
I'm not buying any headphones guys (especially not over-priced ones)... I'm fixing and making use of what i have. Does anyone know what they're doing and can pass their knowledge on to me? I also have Sony neck-resting ones if i need more components.

Cut the red wire. It's always the red wire.
Quote by captainsnazz

#agre

See? Snazz agrees and you can believe him because he likes fake instrument music which is all about bass. I bet Will would also agree that Dr Dre Beats are great for bass.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.