I recently purchased a Sansamp Bass Driver. I was planning on mixing the tone of the Sansamp as well as my SVT Classic, I was wondering how I would do this in a live setting? WOuld plugging the Sansamp into the Effects loop and then running everything else (compressor/distortions etc) into the front input do this? Or would I need a signal splitter DI Box to run both signals and then combine them and put it through the front end?

If I do need a splitter, can any of you suggest a good splitter that can get desirable results? Sorry if this is all unclear.
Well, if you have something plugged into the Send and nothing into Return of the FX loop, don't most amps disable the front end anyway? Or is this only a feature on certain models?

The purpose of the Sansamp is to act as a standalone preamp. By running it into the FX loop, you're doing just that. But it can also be used as a dirt pedal run in front. If I were you, I would just experiment and see which you like better. THEN determine if you want to run some sort of signal splitting scheme.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by LaidBack
Well, if you have something plugged into the Send and nothing into Return of the FX loop, don't most amps disable the front end anyway? Or is this only a feature on certain models?

The purpose of the Sansamp is to act as a standalone preamp. By running it into the FX loop, you're doing just that. But it can also be used as a dirt pedal run in front. If I were you, I would just experiment and see which you like better. THEN determine if you want to run some sort of signal splitting scheme.

I recently recorded and he basically mic'd up my SVT+Cab and also ran another DI of the Sansamp and mixed the two sounds. It sounded amazing, so I wanted to try to emulate that. It's obviously very specific and kinda out there, but I'd definitely like to split the two tones together some how

And not too sure on the send and return for the effect loop
^^ depends.
It will probably work if the FX loop is in parallel with the pre.
If that's the case just set the mix between the fx loop and the rest to taste.
If it's in series you may wanna use an aby and plug the pre exit into the A, the sansamp into the B, and the Y into the power amp input.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Quote by Spambot_2
^^ depends.
It will probably work if the FX loop is in parallel with the pre.
If that's the case just set the mix between the fx loop and the rest to taste.
If it's in series you may wanna use an aby and plug the pre exit into the A, the sansamp into the B, and the Y into the power amp input.

I would need a 2 input 1 output pedal to mix the signals, right? I'm having some difficulty finding one.
Yeah.
You could make one yourself.
Or you could even find an ABY cable (two inputs, one output, 1/4" jacks), though now that I think of it, bridging outputs may not be the best idea.
I'm not sure about this really.
Just thinking about it, it shouldn't do any harm, but you may wanna wait someone with a bit more knowledge than me about this before buying anything.

Anyway, have you checked if the FX loop is in series or parallel with the pre?
Edit: found it in the instructions manual, it's in series, so you'll probably need an ABY cable/box.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Feb 7, 2014,
Quote by Spambot_2
Yeah.
You could make one yourself.
Or you could even find an ABY cable (two inputs, one output, 1/4" jacks), though now that I think of it, bridging outputs may not be the best idea.
I'm not sure about this really.
Just thinking about it, it shouldn't do any harm, but you may wanna wait someone with a bit more knowledge than me about this before buying anything.

Anyway, have you checked if the FX loop is in series or parallel with the pre?
Edit: found it in the instructions manual, it's in series, so you'll probably need an ABY cable/box.

Thanks a lot! I was looking into Morley Splitter/Combiners, seems like my best bet! Thanks a lot! My pedalboard is gonna be huge haha.
Seriously? You have an SVT Classic and you still want to run the Sansamp? My bassist used to use a Sansamp until he bought his Markbass rig and then the Sansamp got retired. 'Twer I you I'd just work on fine tuning the SVT and forget all this sansamp tomfoolery. You've got a friggin SVT Classic ffs.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification