A new amp thread? From me? Who woulda thunkit?

So asides from the massive 100 watt head that I want to get for metal, I was also thinking of getting something purely for clean tones, but having enough headroom for drive and fuzz pedals. For the moment I have all the pedals in my sig, but am also looking at a reverb pedal (even if one was built into the amp, imo, a pedal should have more control over the reverb, right?) and probably another delay. I'm looking for a clean-slate amp that will work well with pedals. It also has to be a combo.

I was thinking about getting a little Fender Champ, or just something Fender, or something by Traynor...? or something along those lines. I only got this idea a couple minutes ago, so not much research has gone into it, haha. I'd imagine using it for coffeehouse/small club gigs with a drummer and maybe a keyboardist or guitarist.

Budget: $500 max.

New/Used?: Either.

Closest city: Winnipeg MB, or Saskatoon, SK.

Thanks guys
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
A Fender Hot Rod Deluxe isn't exactly "tiny", but it's got plenty of headroom, takes pedals nicely, and is a 1x12 combo. They're easily in your budget used.
Guitars:
LTD Viper 300FM
Jackson DX10D
MIM Tele
MIM Strat
Amps:
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe - Stock Eminence Legend
Peavey Ultra Plus 120 Watt Head
Rivera R412T - Loaded with Celestion V30s
Pedals:
Boss NS-2
TC Flashback X4
TC Trinity Reverb
I have that amp, and it is killer. Very clean, very versatile. A real workhorse. When I bought it (new), the only other amp I was looking at was a similarly pricey Vox combo. I'd buy either one again,

However, were I looking now, I'd have to add these Carvins to the list:

http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/VINTAGE16
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/NOMAD
http://www.carvinguitars.com/products/BELAIR
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Check out the Ampeg GVT amps. They’ve got a really nice Fender-esque tone and sound great when pushed into a meltdown with a fuzz pedal.
You could also look for a Roland Jazz Chorus. The JC60 ticks all the boxes but a JC120 would be better. You should be able to find either used within or slightly over your budget.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
It' snot super common, but the ampeg reverberocket is great for post rock stuff. I have one and use it in a post rock band actually haha. It' style 90s reissue version. They can be found for 400-500 used.

I like it way better than my old fender hot rod. As so a a I got it my whole band noticed how much better it sounded.
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
Reverberockets are a cool amp.

However, now that you are also wanting a shoegaze amp I can't help but think my original suggestion of a Randall RM100 I gave you in your earlier thread was the correct one. It would cover both you needs and any others you may want in the future.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Feb 8, 2014,
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Cathbard, I understand what your saying, but this amp would be a secondary one, and one that at the moment, I'm mainly window-shopping for. Once I do get a big 100 watt head, that will be for shows, and this one will be for more intimate gigs. Or, it could be something I could mic, and use in and use for cleans in the studio, or a vocal amp...?
Caution:
This post may contain my opinion and/or inaccurate information.

Current Rig:
2006 PRS CE-24
Mesa/Boogie Mark V
Voltage S212 w/ V30's
Strymon Timeline
CMATMods Signa Drive
TC Electronics Corona & Hall of Fame
Quote by emerald876
A Fender Hot Rod Deluxe isn't exactly "tiny", but it's got plenty of headroom, takes pedals nicely, and is a 1x12 combo. They're easily in your budget used.

+1
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by AWACS
Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Cathbard, I understand what your saying, but this amp would be a secondary one, and one that at the moment, I'm mainly window-shopping for. Once I do get a big 100 watt head, that will be for shows, and this one will be for more intimate gigs. Or, it could be something I could mic, and use in and use for cleans in the studio, or a vocal amp...?
The Randall will do it all. Just get a 2x12 cab with Fender and Vox modules for the intimate stuff, 4x12 with some high gain modules (Recto, XTC, etc) for the metal stuff.
You could even run two 6V6's (so ~20W) for the softer stuff or two 6L6 if you want 50W for headroom. Then shove in four EL34L's or 6L6's (hell, I've read guys saying even KT88's work) for your metal. It's everything you need in one package. Then if you decide to play rock one day, grab a Marshall module and you can do that too.

http://www2.randallamplifiers.com/Amplifiers/MTS-Heads/RM100-Series.html
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100