Yes, I'm the lucky bastard that won that contest earlier this month and DANGEROUSLY close to being disqualified for not knowing I won... ANYWAY, I was woke up to it at the door...which is a pretty nice wake up call. It had a ROUGH ride though, coming from California to the frozen tundra that is the midwest. Hell, it's 12F out right now, which is warmer than it has been. Snow and ice storms, hard to believe it got here in a week and as we all know; necks bend in the cold.

Once I adjust the truss rod and got it all set up, it plays pretty damn good. Their Kluson STYLE tuners aren't exactly the best in the world, stays in tune pretty good, but the ratio is kinda low, at least, lower than my explorer's mini-roto grovers, but i that's to be expected. However, 4 strings were still in tune AFTER the neck warped a bit, so they obviously hold tune pretty damn good for all it had been through in a week.

The only cosmetic complain i have is that the binding is just horrible. I've not tried to clean it, so it might come off, but it looks like someone tried to paint the back AFTER putting on the binding and didn't use tape to make sure none got on the binding...because some did, or something black did. Some binding cracks down the neck binding too. But this is the kind of binding you can't see from the front, so I suppose it is fairly minor.

The main paint-job looks fantastic though. Sexy as all hell. I can't find any info, but apparently there were two different fretboards available, because all the specs say rosewood with block inlays, but the one I got is the same as the one in their demo video; shiny black with no inlays. I kinda like it better, but still wanna find out something about that, might just be prototype or something, which would be pretty legit.

Pickups are pretty nice, sound a lot better than my epiphone pickups. The bridge is rather high-output, but very clear, I love it. Neck pickup isn't AS epic, but epic nonetheless, lower output and fat, good for leads if you like that old school fat PAF sound. The bridge is actually pretty damn good for playing Motorhead stuff.

If you want your own custom les paul shaped guitar, I'd recommend it, if you're not into awesome paint jobs and such, well, they do offer pickup upgrades and straight colors, I think a plain color with EMGs is about $800, they also come with better hardware, so really just as good as any other korean made guitar company. The fret job is perfect, so I assume if you're not shipping it $2,700 miles through temperature changes that can't be much more extreme on this planet, it's probably set up perfectly, didn't need to adjust the bridge much after adjusting the truss rod. I know the owner of the company sets them up and plays each guitar before selling it. Though they're made in korea, they're customized and such in California.

Definitely a good guitar, nice c shaped neck, can't go wrong... especially for the price of free, best prize I've ever won~ Can't really recommend THIS model since it was a limited production of 100 and they've been sold out... sorry fellow Motorhead fans, you missed out :x

http://i.imgur.com/jcsGXK8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8f6A3Hc.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cQYsCK8.jpg

I don't remember the bbcode to decrease the size of embedded pics...so links
Last edited by Velcro Man at Feb 8, 2014,
you lucky bastard
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Heh thanks, and I'm usually not so lucky >_>

Even worse, you were allowed to enter multiple times and one guy spammed at LEAST 50% of all messages received. I posted once, though I think they actually MIGHT have picked the best written response, mine was the only in-depth and serious story of how I discovered Motorhead, second longest response, though the longest was like... complete fantasy, though pretty damn epic.
Grats man! Now you just have to win the contest for a new camera.
[..BLACKFIRE..]
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
good for you man, play the hell out of it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Congrats!

Quote by Mephaphil
Awful pictures though.

it took you 6 months to post decent pics of your lester. pot, meet kettle.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Velcro Man
Yeah...all I have is a $20 webcam, sorry, meant to mention that >_>

And a free guitar
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
hi there, i got one of these fine Les Pauls,
well i wanted to give it away as a gift,. but now i started to play it by myself...
is it a good newby guitar?
Last edited by Shotokan82 at Feb 27, 2014,
Yes its a guitar.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Quote by Velcro Man
Even worse, you were allowed to enter multiple times and one guy spammed at LEAST 50% of all messages received. I posted once, though I think they actually MIGHT have picked the best written response, mine was the only in-depth and serious story of how I discovered Motorhead, second longest response, though the longest was like... complete fantasy, though pretty damn epic.

Are you talking about mine? The one with Lemmy coming down from the Heavens on a modded 1927 Ford Model T with two 4.6-liter modular V8s and four superchargers?

Btw, happy NGD, congratulations!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Some guys get all the luck!
HNGD
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here