So they're NOT genetically modified robot babies? I am disappointed..
lol, like we'll be using them.

30 years from now we'll all be enslaved living in camps under the earth.

It will basically be hell.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
tl;dr is that an infertile woman's egg was injected with a fertile woman's mitochondria to make the first woman's egg fertile, baby has genetic 'fingerprints' of 3 parents.

Not even crazy or weird. I was expecting some crazy story about a baby they purposely created that was intelligent, tall, strong, or something.. This is just stupid, anyone with mixed feelings or feels it's ethically wrong is an idiot.
Quote by MetalGS3SE
This is the best idea I have ever heard. Ever.

Naedauuf for president people.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
I hope they were modified for a low, gravelly voice.

So basically me right now?
Quote by lemmyisgod97
lol it says down the bottom "Via Daily Mail"

M8 it's me giving U the news ok what did u rely expect hmu if u got what you expected and didn't have high hopes and agre
Imagine a world where every single girl is smoking hot. I want to live there.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by vilk

me too. So long as every other guy is genetically engineered to be uglier than me.
Si
Quote by 20Tigers
me too. So long as every other guy is genetically engineered to be uglier than me.

It wouldn't matter if they were or not--I mean they gotta mate with someone! I'm sure we wont be changing that part of our DNA any time soon.
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by vilk

But over time that would make us see the ugly girls as extra rare, therefore special and desirable
You guys really need to learn about verifying sources.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
You guys really need to learn about verifying sources.

Wut, you think I actually clicked the link?

Ok, yeah, I did. Otherwise, I'd probably think this was a thread about kids that were conceived in the back of a Buick.
I always knew General Motors shouldn't be trusted

Thanks Obama

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Quote by shwilly
I always knew General Motors shouldn't be trusted

Thanks Obama

Never hear of FMC do we? #FordMasterRace #TYBHenry #UDaMan #ShoutoutForMeUsingAFordToAttractHunneysOfTheMegaVariety
Haha, sweet, finally technology is catching up to sci-fi.

And then I read the snippet that states this was only to help a woman conceive. As if life is all about having children...
Quote by 20Tigers

I didn't know you were even physically capable of one line posts.
Quote by naedauuf
tl;dr is that an infertile woman's egg was injected with a fertile woman's mitochondria to make the first woman's egg fertile, baby has genetic 'fingerprints' of 3 parents.

Not even crazy or weird. I was expecting some crazy story about a baby they purposely created that was intelligent, tall, strong, or something.. This is just stupid, anyone with mixed feelings or feels it's ethically wrong is an idiot.
The article is highly misleading.

The babies were born to women who had problems conceiving. Extra genes from a female donor were inserted into their eggs before they were fertilised in an attempt to enable them to conceive.
So this is far from raising a baby out of a tube with desirable attributes, which pops to mind when reading the title.
Not sure if a sig is a necessity.
Quote by naedauuf
anyone with mixed feelings or feels it's ethically wrong is an idiot.

yep
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
So we're making it easier for women to conceive?

DAMN YOU, SCIENCE!!!
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
If the article is correct then it seems that only the mitochondrial DNA is from another woman. That's hardly GM at all.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
I wrote a quick paper on this and concluded I don't really like genetic modification, at least the stuff that isn't just for improved health
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
I wrote a quick paper on this and concluded I don't really like genetic modification, at least the stuff that isn't just for improved health

The ethical concerns don't really apply to this scenario.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
there are no ethical concerns, just beta ******s that are worried about people being born who are inherently better than them
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

If women can be annoyed there arent any women incongress I should be allowed to be pissed off there are no members of pink floyd or the beatles in congress.
oh i didnt notice ur genetically modified baby.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line