Hey guys.
I'm a noob at death metal, but there is an album I love, The Great Execution by Krisiun. First of all, I love it because the guitar sound is heavy as fück. The vocals on that album are growled, but not in the deep deathcore-kinda way, but sound like very harsh shouting. Also, it is listenable. It's not technical, it's brutal, I can actually remember every single song on the album as each of them is unique in it's kind of way.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmLWSNV1ytk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97fiImWsQY0

These are my favorite songs from the album.

I have been searching for this kind of stuff on the internet but I can't find any death metal band that doesn't have the cliché'd technical approach or deep guttural vocals (I don't like them, they annoy the hell out of me).

Can any one of you guys help me out with some death metal that is worth listening?
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
Thread reeks of false and shame.

Personal picks

Suffocation - Pierced From Within
Deeds of Flesh - The Weakening
Morpheus Descends - Ritual to Infinity
Nocturnus - The Key
Mithras - Worlds Beyond the Veil
Immolation - Here in After
Incantation - Onwards to Golgotha
HESSIAN HAREM
FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF THE HESSIAN CULTURE. STAY TRUE.
Fetal infections transplants the foul wastes...
Lift the eyelids to inject this antidote... Only to...
Live though a slow and painful demise,
Reason from the corroded arteries
Seeps from the bubbling skin...
This vagina is a thing to be tortured...
Rat droppings enclose the orifice.
Seven tormenting spirits
To be breathed into him.
God's purist creatures I've hung and eaten...
To reproduce their meat. Alive.
lstfm

I'm a Nazi, baby
I'm a Nazi, yes I am
I'm a Nazi schatzi, you know I'll fight for the Fatherland
I can really only stomach a few albums within the genre, but Progbutt nailed Mithras + Deeds of Flesh though. Really like both those bands.

I don't mind Wormed's early demos and Planespherium or Kraken (who still only have a myspace, get with the future or sumtin' queers). I suppose Cryptopsy's Blasphemy Made Flesh and None So Vile might count, but I can't be arsed to fact check the genre.

Quote by progbass
Nocturnus - The Key

Cool album. Far from the "brutal death metal" tagline and should always stay as such.
Last edited by severed-metal at Feb 8, 2014,
Quote by technicolour
I always see Pierced from within listed over Effigy, I prefer it the other way 'round.

Realest nigga in the room right here.
And Human Waste trumps them both so what's your point?

Pierced is just an easier listen because of how clear and clean it sounds in comparison to Effigy. Both have absolutely stand up material and both should be mandatory listens for death metal afficinados (whether they like brutal or not)

And I would say Nocturnus certainly has a percussive feel to them (as well as a divine heaping of Star Trek) to warrant a brutal death metal tag. If not, its not like the album is a waste of time.
HESSIAN HAREM
I wouldn't call The Key BDM personally. Way too much Altars of Madness to be found on that album to warrant the tag I reckon.

BDM is almost unanimously shit when you stray from the classics, If by BDM you are referring to Suffocation worship of course. It is infected with scene styled worship and approach.

But Infester was mentioned in this thread and they are worlds more disgusting than any BDM album ever, so this thread accomplished something at least.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by progbass
And I would say Nocturnus certainly has a percussive feel to them (as well as a divine heaping of Star Trek) to warrant a brutal death metal tag. If not, its not like the album is a waste of time.

Yes but when I ask for a burrito I don't want a stapler.
Sigh yeah I see where you guys are coming from. Fair enough.

Its just so class an album its hard not to mention it. I'm just a sucker for the sci fi death metal classics. (Timeghoul, Supuration, etc al)
HESSIAN HAREM
Quote by severed-metal
Yes but when I ask for a burrito I don't want a stapler.

Highlight of this thread.

*edit so that my post has a reason to live:
This is what I think of when I think of BDM. I love "Autopsychosis".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxY-jj7CpyE
Last edited by NABEF9 at Feb 8, 2014,
Quote by progbass
Its just so class an album its hard not to mention it. I'm just a sucker for the sci fi death metal classics. (Timeghoul, Supuration, etc al)

Of course and we love you all the same.
You need to go old school death metal like Obituary. The vocals are growled but they still sound cool and you can still figure out what they are saying. Obituary is super heavy but at the same time they are very groovy. The End Complete is the biggest selling pure death metal album ever.
Decrepit Birth - ...And Time Begins

Disgorge - Consume the Forsaken

Septic Flesh - Communion

Zyklon - World OV Worms
Vader- Litany/Impressions in blood/welcome to the morbid reich/
Six Feet Under-Graveyard classics/True carnage.
Nile-Ithyphallic/Those whom the gods detest
Im forgetting alot at the moment but this so far.
Whats goes around must come down
How do you know if it's brutal death metal?
Originally Posted by Cheeselord
Sanitarium iz by SLAYER DUMBASS!!!!!

SLAYER FAN4LIFE!
Ok, before I say anything, I would like to apologise in case I confuse Deathcore and Deat metal (the difference is like... massive).

Here's a couple of bands that I thought were great albums:
Carnifex - Until I Feel Nothing (the other albums are just as good im my opinion)
Infant Annihilator
Suffokate - their first album (can't remember the name. If it's self titled, I'm such an idiot) :p

May not suit other people's tastes, but they are a couple of mine.
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth
Last edited by MetalRock4ever at Feb 25, 2014,
Quote by MetalRock4ever
Ok, before I say anything, I would like to apologise in case I confuse Deathcore and Deat metal (the difference is like... massive).

Here's a couple of bands that I thought were great albums:
Carnifex - Until I Feel Nothing (the other albums are just as good im my opinion)
Infant Annihilator
Suffokation - their first album (can't remember the name. If it's self titled, I'm such an idiot) :p

May not suit other people's tastes, but they are a couple of mine.

Gotta love Carnifex. Their new album is awesome! But I think The Diseased & The Poisoned is their best.

And do you mean Suffokate? I like them, too.
I like mac & cheese
There are a few albums mentioned in this thread I enjoy but mainly consider them solid old school death metal never really thought of them as BDM, mainly because that particular 'wtf stop' feeling I get only when BDM comes on is not present when I listen to them, that includes Suffocation, Incantation, Infester, Immolation, Morpheus Descends, etc

The only stuff I've heard consistently described as 'brutal death metal' aside from Suffocation that I actually enjoy is Hate Eternal's first two albums.

also can the person who brought up Archgoat in this thread please explain himself?
O what a disgrace if such a despised and base race, which worships demons, should conquer a people which has the faith of omnipotent God and is made glorious with the name of Christ!

The music winners listen to
Last edited by MHDrunk at Feb 24, 2014,
Quote by DoctorOctopus
Gotta love Carnifex. Their new album is awesome! But I think The Diseased & The Poisoned is their best.

And do you mean Suffokate? I like them, too.

Yeah, lol, I did mean Suffokate The first three releases for Carnifex are so good, can't wait. Less than 10 days

Oh, I also forgot Thy Art Is Murder, they're pretty decent as well (loved their recent album 'Hate', along with the TV trailer)
"Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player, that struts and frets his hour upon the stage, and then is heard no more. It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” Shakespeare - Macbeth
Some of my favorites include:
Gorgasm - Masticate to Dominate
Suffocation - Pierced From Within
Dying Fetus - Destroy the Opposition
Origin - Antithesis
Quote by MetalRock4ever
Yeah, lol, I did mean Suffokate The first three releases for Carnifex are so good, can't wait. Less than 10 days

Oh, I also forgot Thy Art Is Murder, they're pretty decent as well (loved their recent album 'Hate', along with the TV trailer)

I haven't heard Hate, but I've heard The Adversary and, man, that was a simply splendid album. I kinda forgot about that band; thanks for reminding me of 'em again!
I like mac & cheese
The new Carnifex album is a weird hybrid. I'd still just push it into the Deathcore category, but they do seem to be dropping a lot of the -core tropes.

And isn't Brutal Death Metal more just REALLY punishing and really simple death metal? I dunno if I'd personally put half the bands in this thread in that category.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
BDM is piss poor Suffocation Worship. That is the only sound I would classify as "BDM." It's an almost unanimously terrible genre and I can't say I have ever put money towards it.
A heathen, conceivably
but not,

I hope,
I’m not ashamed to be white
Vi doede ikke... vi har aldri levd
Barbarism is the natural state of mankind
Civilization is unnatural

It is a whim of circumstance
an unenlightened one
Quote by DoctorOctopus
I haven't heard Hate, but I've heard The Adversary and, man, that was a simply splendid album. I kinda forgot about that band; thanks for reminding me of 'em again!

By the way, Carnifex's album is now on youtube, and it is sounding awesome! And Whitechapel have released their newest single (The Saw is the Law)! So happy
Quote by MetalRock4ever
By the way, Carnifex's album is now on youtube, and it is sounding awesome! And Whitechapel have released their newest single (The Saw is the Law)! So happy

Haven't been a WhiteChapel fan since Somatic. Although Somatic is one of my favorite death metal (or "deathcore", whatever the hell people call it) albums, everything they've put out after it has just been boring to me. This new song is no different.
I like mac & cheese
Quote by DoctorOctopus
Haven't been a WhiteChapel fan since Somatic. Although Somatic is one of my favorite death metal (or "deathcore", whatever the hell people call it) albums, everything they've put out after it has just been boring to me. This new song is no different.

I see what you mean about this new song, it's a little slow and more simple than their usual stuff (the somatic defilement was a great tune, loved the transaction from absolute heaviness to the orchestral ending). Though their self-titled album was pretty decent imo, but hey, peronsal preferences

When I found out though, I was looking for Carnifex updates and saw the streaming of the album. I was happy then, so happy. But when I saw Whitechapel's new song AND new album coming soon, I was over the moon That's why I over-hyped it, could not believe my eyes (or ears)