I was hoping you guys might be able to help me with something. This is almost certainly stupid, but it would be good to get some advice.

So I just bought a Tiny Terror head for a good price. Because I'm moving house in a few weeks, I'm holding off on buying a big heavy cab just yet.

But...I have a Vox Da5. The speaker is rated at 8 ohms, which is correct for the TT head. The TT is switchable to 7 watts, so just a bit more than the amp. So my question is: should it be possible to run the TT head through the aux socket in the DA5 on say half volume without blowing up either the head or the DA5?

Thanks for your help!
You can, but not in the way you described.
Plus it'll not sound good :P

Anyway, if you wanna use the VOX's speaker you gotta connect the amp to the speaker, not to the aux input.
To do that you'll need to open the back panel (maybe even the part with screws), unplug the faston connectors coming from the amp, get yourself (or make yourself) a cable with female fastons at one end and a male 1/4" jack at the other end, plug the jack into the 8ohm amp output and the faston things on the male faston things on the speakers.

Also you'll most likely be able to turn up the volume of your amp even at full power, I've never really seen any speaker rated at less than 25w.
I'd keep it at 7w just to be sure, and turn up the volume if I needed to.

I can confirm it works, I myself ran a head through a combo's speaker for months using that method and both of the things still work
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Thanks - that's really helpful. I'll see if I can find one of those cables.

You said it'll sound bad. Is that just because of the small speaker, or is there some other reason?
connect the speaker cable coming out of the TT directly to the speaker that is in the Vox.

you can't use the aux in on the vox, it's for running an ipod or mp3 player though.

you'll have to put a jack on the back of the vox speaker for you to plug the speaker cable coming off of the TT head into.

its two wires you will need to connect to a 1/4 inch jack.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Thanks all for the help - just finished making the cable and all seems to be working fine. Sound quality is a bit boxy, but will do fine for playing around until I can get a proper cab.
Yeah, I thought the sound would have been bad 'cause of the speaker's dimentions, but again, I spent months playing my tube amp through an 8" crappy speaker so who am I to talk?
Good for you that's working, have fun
Quote by dspellman
Oh, and do NOT turn on the Vox while you're doing this.
That only happens with tube amp, because the output transformers want the right load.
Solid state power amps don't even use output transformers IIRC, so they require a load equal or higher than the one stated - 8ohm in that amp's case.
No load equals infinite load, which doesn't do any harm.

It just would really make no sense to turn it on
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
Last edited by Spambot_2 at Feb 8, 2014,