So I'm FINALLY posting my NAD thread I got this late last year but haven't brought myself up to make a video until yesterday...

So here it is, the Krank Chadwick 2x12 combo amp!

A little back story: I posted a which amp thread last year to see what I could do with $500. Robbgnarly (Thank you thank you thank you ) suggested I get this from GC used gear priced at $450. I decided to sell some stuff from another hobby and jump on this deal as quickly as possible. About a week later I bought it, and the price had been reduced to $399. After UPS 2 day air shipping and tax I was only up to $452, not bad for a amp that retailed for $1800 new. The 3'x3'x2' box arrived two days later weighing in at 108lbs. Been playing the crap out of it ever since, I bring it to my friends house alot too, not so fun loading it up into the trunk seeing it ways a good 90 lbs. So that's the gist of it couldn't be happier and there is no way I could have gotten any better for my money.

So there you have the looks of it, how about some specs before we get to the sound of it?
2 5881 power tubes
3 smaller tubes, forgot the numbers...
50 watts
Clean channel: bass, mids, treble, volume, gain.
Overdrive channel: Bass, Mids, Shift button (plays around with mids), treble, volume, envelope (adjust the looseness or tightness of notes, similar to presence?), OD button, gain.

Here is a 15 minute sound demo, please don't feel obligated to watch the whole thing. I start with cleans and I move on to the overdrive at 4:48.
I haven't been playing electric too long and I wasn't warmed up when I filmed so please excuse my nooby playing. (working on it every day)

1080 HD available, not bad for an ipad recording.
Running a stock 2012 PRS SE double cut 24, I mess around with the pickup switch a bit and the tone is always at 10.

Note I'm not trying to replicate exactly what I'm playing, I'm trying to give you a feel for the amp's versatility.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFUPZNGwXeY

What do you think of the sounds I'm getting? It doesn't seem to be running 100% to me. I've been considering a re-tube, what do you all think based on the video?
Any recommendations for pedals and pickups based on the video. If you didn't watch, here are some sounds I'm trying to imitate.

Dream Theater (this is a big one)
A7X
Green Day
Ozzy Osbourne
AC/DC
Living Colour
Led Zep
Light and screaming blues
Daft Punk

So I'm looking for pedal and pickup recommendations based on those. I'm trying to get a long list of pedals and effects together and slowly purchase over time.

One more thing to add, my crazy maestro stage phaser, my uncle bought it in the 70's and his name plate is under the pedal It's very interesting sounding through the cleans but it sounds utterly horrible with high gain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1o9rq1PSqYU

Anyone know anything about these? What kind of music should I play with it?

Many thanks for all the help, you guys are awesome!

EDITS
EXTREME formatting errors...
Last edited by JGM258 at Feb 8, 2014,
sweet, nice amp.

run the maestro through the amp's effects loop and it should sound better with a higher gain tone. maestro pedals are fairly sought after and pretty rare, your pedal is in amazing shape.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
sweet
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Glad you like it, I have to get a Chadwick head. I almost bought the combo a year or 2 ago but it had issues. I called GC back in 2 weeks like they said, and they had sold it

That amp looks mint
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 8, 2014,
Sweet! The Chadwick I had was a pretty badass amp. VERY underrated... Honestly, Krank amps never got the respect they deserved, all of their amps were great for one thing or another. Glad you're diggin it!

Which Eminence speakers are in that combo? I imagine they're not the V12 Legends...? Texas Heats?
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
^ I think the Chadwicks had V12's also but Im not positive

Open it up TS and see what speakers are in it, I'm curious now
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Last edited by Robbgnarly at Feb 8, 2014,
Quote by Robbgnarly
^ I think the Chadwicks had V12's also

Really? Weird combo for that amp IMO.

I love me my V12s for metal, but I didn't find them particularly complimenting to my Chadwick. Texas Heats would be badass with it IMO
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Yeah the Chadwick has 12ax7 preamp tubes and 6l6 powertubes

They are pretty big combos the one I played had casters on it
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I just looked at the cones of my V12's and they are not the same. So I wonder what they are?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
HNAD

Either you have a small bed or that amp is massive

Nice that you did a comprehensive vid. Most people don't do that.

Edit: the little tubes are probably 12AX7s

The amp is pretty big...and the bed is a twin. With the wheels on its 27" high 27.5" wide and 14" deep.
I just took off the back panel (20 TIGHT screws) and the speaker are indeed the Texas heats. I'll have more pics of the guts as soon as can get a hold of the ipad.
Nice amp and pedal.
I'm not too fond of the mid-gain tones you're showing on that video, but for high gain seems pretty good.

HNGD!
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Nice score... But always leaving your tone or volume for that matter on 10 is just leaving so many different tones on the table. Sometime just the slightest adjustment can take unwanted hair off your sound or you find just that Sweet spot....
Nice, love me some Krank! Underrated amps
Gibson SG Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Cort Explorer
Squire Standard Strat rebuilt with Fender USA parts
Squire Tele
Krank 1980
Orange Tiny Terror
Traynor YCV 50 Blue
Peavey Vypyr 75

Will fly for food. Call me Dylan
Quote by MatrixClaw

I love me my V12s for metal, but I didn't find them particularly complimenting to my Chadwick. Texas Heats would be badass with it IMO

Wouldn't THs make it sound a fair bit less marshally, though? I suppose it depends on what you want...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Wouldn't THs make it sound a fair bit less marshally, though? I suppose it depends on what you want...

I don't think so... I'd say the V12 would make them much less Marshally than the Texas Heats. I though the THs complimented the Marshall sound much better than V12s, but maybe that's just me.

The V12s in my Soldano are great speakers with a lower-mid oriented amp, but I hate them with my Bogner, which is much more upper-mid oriented. They become ice-picky and shrill. Texas Heats are much rounder, from what I remember, and fill in nicely with the Marshall sound IMO.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Nah to my ears v12s sound way more "celestiony" (for want of a better word) than THs (which sound american to my ears).

Maybe my ears are shot, though And as you implied, I suppose it depends on whether you like the marshall sound and are trying to almost accentuate it (that's me) or think it's a bit shrill and are trying to compensate for that.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?