Hi!
I have recently bought a Squier guitar and a processor Zoom G1Xn.
whenever I play without drive effects the sound is good, But once I turn on any kind of distortion or something like that the sound gets really horrible, almost impossible to listen.
I don't have any good amp, I have plugged it on a regular speakers and also tried on headphones with a small headphone amplifier but I always get the same awful sound.
does anyone have an idea what can be a reason? can it be the guitar's fault or can lacking of amplifier cause this?
Its just a horrible multifx. You should check out the G3. Its waaay better than that one, has a ton of use able practice features and its very cheap for all it does.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
Quote by lucky1978
Its just a horrible multifx. You should check out the G3. Its waaay better than that one, has a ton of use able practice features and its very cheap for all it does.

This.

The G1 & G2 are really a hangover from Zoom's existence as a manufacturer of budget crap. The G3 and above are a product of their recent rebirth as genuine contenders in the high quality market.

Even so, you should be able to get something that you can at least bear to listen to. If you're playing with one of the distortion effects, make sure you've got one of the amp sims running as well.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP GT, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm >TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H
My SoundCloud
Thanks guys, I'm aware of the fact that it's not good processor but I get nowhere close to the sound that others get on youtube with the same processor. I just want to know what to blame. it's fault of either guitar or my unit of this processor or lacking of amp.
Quote by shady1991
Thanks guys, I'm aware of the fact that it's not good processor but I get nowhere close to the sound that others get on youtube with the same processor. I just want to know what to blame. it's fault of either guitar or my unit of this processor or lacking of amp.

Probably the lack of amp.
Squier "VMC" Stratocaster
PRS SE Singlecut
tc electronic polytune
CMAT MODS Signa Drive
Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina
DIY gaussmarkov Dr. Boogey
EHX Small Clone
Mooer ShimVerb
DIY Beavis Devolt
T-REX Fuel Tank Chameleon
Ampeg GVT52-112
Those older Zoom don't distinguish between distortion and amp modeling. You probably just need to work on learning how to tweak. If the distortion sounds bad start by reducing the gain parameter to minimum and then tweak upwards.

Zoom is notorious about the gain being over top top in all their modeling.
Last edited by fly135 at Feb 8, 2014,
Quote by fly135
Those older Zoom don't distinguish between distortion and amp modeling. You probably just need to work on learning how to tweak. If the distortion sounds bad start by reducing the gain parameter to minimum and then tweak upwards.

I'm not that noob, I tried every possible combination, I know what each effect does, I tried the ones that were on presets and ones that you can find in internet, nothing works, sound is just horrible, it's just combination of different kinds noises.
even if i set gain to 0 and the effect is dd or Ld for example it's still horrible. if I pull one string it's ok sometimes but 2 strings already is disaster.
Pull a string? You must mean pluck, but that's a clue. If those two strings aren't a root and a 5th then it might sound like crap. That's why guitar players like power chords.
Quote by fly135
Pull a string? You must mean pluck, but that's a clue. If those two strings aren't a root and a 5th then it might sound like crap. That's why guitar players like power chords.

yeah I didn't mean pull of course.