So we all know the MIJ Les Pauls are no two the same... Some are real good and others... Well...

So here's the thing. I've been wanting an Alpine White LPC ala Randy Rhoads most of my life and I think I'm at the point where my next purchase can be Floyd-less and am going to start heading into MIJ legal/not so legal LPCs... I'm not using stock pickups, going to put a Suhr Aldrich in the bridge and probably an Alnico 2 in the neck, and have no problems replacing the hardware if one company is known for having the gold wear or whatever...

Should I go with a Gibson sponsored Orville (I know Orville by Gibsons are better but I'm looking to buy one soon and those don't show up on the Bay as often), or wait for an old Burny or Edwards with the classic split diamond logo on the headstock?

Say these are all being bought from Japan with a 14 day return policy so I'd have to buy it before playing it, which of the 3 has the better rep based on that?

Again, I know it's essentially a crap shoot but just wanna get some cents
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
I don't know much about these but If you buy a white guitar, make sure its poly and not nitro. If you look at a white nitro finish wrong it will discolor.
Quote by philwhite
I don't know much about these but If you buy a white guitar, make sure its poly and not nitro. If you look at a white nitro finish wrong it will discolor.

Luckily the guy who made me want a white LPC got pretty sun kissed so it works
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Because he's the hero The Pit deserves, but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A Dark Anus.
OBG has US parts, but you are replacing the pickups anyway so Orville should be fine. You may also include Greco in your list.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171234461467

$690 free shipping from a guitar store in Japan. Set neck, hardware is a bit meh but could be replaced, Gibby bridge pup... Good deal?
Quote by So-Cal
Incest is wincest!

Quote by Neo Evil11
Quote by IWasMaiden93
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=171234461467

$690 free shipping from a guitar store in Japan. Set neck, hardware is a bit meh but could be replaced, Gibby bridge pup... Good deal?

Guitars from the Mint Collection series are good Gibson LP replicas, similar in quality to the Super Real of the early 80s, but with the TRC changed. Ask for the serial number so you can determine the year. Once you know the year, you can check the catalog here and see its original price.
Last edited by royc at Feb 10, 2014,