So let me start off by saying that I've never ordered a guitar online before, so this is my first purchase without actually playing the instrument first. I did some research first though and decided to take a shot on a great looking guitar.

I ordered the guitar on Monday direct from Fernades. It cost $500 for the guitar, $50 for the case, and another $20 for shipping. Pretty solid deal IMO. The guitar was made in Korea, and plays like my other Korean made guitars (neck is on the thin side, which I like).

I'd say it has a nice weight to it, I haven't put it on the scale yet but I'm guessing somewhere around 9 lbs. Upper fret access is very good for a LP style guitar. This guitar also came loaded with EMG 81/60 pickups. This is my first axe with active pickups, gotta admit they do sound good for metal, my pinch harmonics never sounded better!

Alright, enough talk, here's what you really want.

I might take a few more close up pics later. I'll just say that after going over the guitar I saw no noticeable flaws. The inlays, bindings, finish looks perfect. Didn't even find one sharp edge on the frets. The only flaw I found was a small scratch on the back of the neck, and I mean like really small. That won't even matter cause I'm gonna steel wool the back of the neck anyway.

Welp later, I'm gonna go play my new guitar.
That has a NICE metal visual aesthetic.

The Ravelle is my favorite style of Fernandes. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I love mine- HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks Danny! Yeah I think the black with cream binding looks great, and I'll take gloss black over flat any day.
Fernandes Want Increasing...
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
I forgot to mention that the guitar came with a battery, a cable, and that the case is locking. I never lock my cases though. I think it came with D'addario strings also.

I know I just got it, so still in the honeymoon phase, but I gotta say this is a great axe. It sounds great through my practice amp,.. but it sounds just epic through my VK 2X12!
I've always always wanted one of these, and just never been able to find one to play. Or seen one come up locally. Its a shame. Thats a beautiful guitar.
(()____(Main Rig)____())>

Carvin CS4 Goldtop
PRS Santana SE
Carvin SC90
Washburn Taurus 5-string Bass
Peavey 6505
Carvin v3m
Carvin 2x12
Spider Valve Cab
Plenty of Pedals.
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by McLeod
I've always always wanted one of these, and just never been able to find one to play. Or seen one come up locally. Its a shame. Thats a beautiful guitar.

Take a leap of faith and get one from their direct sales site- they're having a clearance sale on limited quantities...when they're gone, they're gone. And some are discounted as much as 50% off.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

You don't see a lot of those. Nice guitar! HNGD! Enjoy it!
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
HNGD!
Like the inlays and the EMGs suit the overall look.
PS: those little Peaveys are fun to crank
ZEN JUDDHISM
The new solo project, and spiritual philosophy... Album out now !
----------------------------------------------------------
hybrid 6.0
Debut album 'Silent Destruction' out now
Read the Two Guys Metal review here
Quote by The Judist
HNGD!
Like the inlays and the EMGs suit the overall look.
PS: those little Peaveys are fun to crank

Yeah, I like the look of the EMGs too, and yeah it's a pretty kick ass little amp. Gets really loud too, I picked it up at a pawn shop and was surprised it was only 15 watts.

So I gotta say that I'm really lovin' the new guitar. It looks and sounds so professional that it has actually taken my playing up a level. Every time I pick it up I just wanna play that much better because this guitar rewards your efforts with some amazing sounds.

It plays so great and sounds wonderful when not even plugged in. I've been finding myself playing for another half an hour after I shut my amp off cause I just don't wanna put this guitar down. Hopefully I'll be playing on stage soon, and if I do this is the guitar that I will be playing.
Even without a Sustainer pickup, those Ravelles can definitely let chords ring out long & loud.

Quote by ninjamunky85
I forgot to mention that the guitar came with a battery, a cable, and that the case is locking. I never lock my cases though.

My friend got his US Strat with a sexy tweed case delivered from the shop already locked.

The key was inside the case.
great looking ravelle!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Dude!

So, like me, you have a Ravelle and a Cadillac... EXcellent taste!

What's the spalted one?

Quote by dannyalcatraz
What's the spalted one?

Michael Kelly Patriot LTD,.. I don't know the year, but it's not very old (made in Korea). I got it from a local pawn shop for $300. It's a sweet guitar, has strings through body and RockField pickups direct mounted.