Hopefully it's ok to post about picks here I'm new to the forum so I don't know whats acceptable. Anyway, I was browsing around for some new picks to try out because while I really like my gator grip picks, I'm not 100% happy with them. I've tried the Jazz III's and I love the way they play but they feel small in my hand and that's uncomfortable sometimes. On the Dunlop website I saw what were Jazz III picks but they were XL size and they were made of the Tortex material. These seem like the perfect pick for me and I got extremely excited about them only to quickly realize I don't know where to buy them. So my question is: Does anybody know where I can purchase these Tortex Jazz III XL picks? I'm currently at college without a car so I can't go to a music store so it would have to be online. Thanks.
I used to play with standard picks for years before trying out some Jazz III's and I had the same problem. I felt that they were waaaaaay too small. But because Jazz III XL's weren't available at my local shop, I stuck with the standard Jazz III's anyway. These days, I can't play guitar without them.

So they may be uncomfortable to play with now, but you do get used to them with perseverance.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Feb 8, 2014,
Fell in love with the tiny Jazz III's immediately. Found one in a guitar case and now it's all I want.
Ibanez Prestige RG852MPB
Ibanez Prestige RG652KFX
ESP E-II M-1
LTD AW-7
Schecter Loomis NT
EVH 5150 III 50
PRS 212 DB
Line 6 POD HD500X
Deadhorse OD/Boss HM-2
Quote by lemurflames

Yeah I actually just bought these but these are the Jazz III Xl with the regular Nylon whereas the one's that I saw on Dunlop's website actually were made of the Tortex material which I thought would be awesome.

Also what's really weird is that I actually used the Jazz III's for over a year and really liked them, but then I switched back to the Gator Grip .96's that I had lying around and I've found that the larger pick really helps my playing because I was able to change my grip slightly. I dunno I might just have to mess around a little bit more with my grip and just play a bunch.
When I first started out with the JAZZ III's I also felt they were way too small, but I just stuck with them and now like T00DEEPBLUE I can't play without them either!
i can tell u all about picks, specialy for jazz
i made them self and play proffesional the django style
dont no if i may place my weblink here ?
These?
http://www.jimdunlop.com/product/Tortex-Pitch-Black-Jazz-III

I havent seen these before. I liked Jazz III XL Blacks a lot except they were but slippery. Tortex would fix that problem. But is that an error or or is the max thickness 1.14mm only? 1.14 isnt a problem for me but normal Jazz III XLs are 1.38 or something along those lines. These will feel different for sure.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
may i put the link here ?
the picks i made the have grip its the most importants things when u play long sessions . if i may not put a link here u can mabey pm ??
I think the regular ones are too small. Tried the XL's and I thought they were a little too thick and bright. I got an Ultex Jazz iii in a free sample pack from Dunlop and they were almost perfect. They were a little bigger than the regular Jazz iii, a bit more rounded and warmer sounding, too bad it wore away so quickly.

I bought a pack of Tortex Tiii's and they are now my favourite picks They're a cross between a Jazz III and a regular Tortex pick. It has the sharp edge, but it's the same size as a regular pick. I think you should try them out you might like them.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
Last edited by BlueIceBox at Feb 9, 2014,
Quote by star picks
may i put the link here ?
the picks i made the have grip its the most importants things when u play long sessions . if i may not put a link here u can mabey pm ??

You represent a pick company? You have to ask mods first. Blatantly advertising without permission tends to result in instant ban otherwise.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
Quote by MaaZeus
You represent a pick company? You have to ask mods first. Blatantly advertising without permission tends to result in instant ban otherwise.

thats the reason i ask before ,i dont want advertising without permission.
i now allot or things about picks specialy for the jazz,the gipsy jazz and the django style.
the only thing i can thats play guitar and made the picks ive been born into a musical family and whe play every day . but i dont have a big pick company 1 pick cost me almost 1 our work so its not big busnis
I'll check out those Tiii's they look pretty nice. The pick I was talking about is this one I can't seem to find them anywhere on any website besides Dunlop's so maybe they're brand new and haven't gone into circulation? I dunno but they look really cool.